• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. I just wanted to share something my fiance' came up with. She is a jewelry designer and has a shop with her daughter. They asked if I had an outlet for some of their items and I told them I would share it with everyone here at CF. So I started them an Etsy Shop account to showcase what they have done. And this is the first items! Check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks so much! - Rex

Click here to see it!

Was firebombing of Dresden by the RAF a war crime?

Discussion in 'History & Genealogy' started by spartacus1984, Aug 4, 2012.

1. yes

2. no

3. don't know

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cjwinnit

Cjwinnit Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)

I said "start", not "declare" - you don't need to educate me about my own country's history.

They did start the war - I have proof!

2. gattaca

gattaca Guest

It wasn't a war crime.
  3. variant

variant Happy Cat

The battle of Britan shows us that if you aren't already going to win diverting air power to harassing and killing civilians just wastes needed resources.
  4. Flynn

Flynn Newbie

In Relationship
    I think it was a war crime. Any bombings of civilian structures are war crimes, doesn't matter who is commiting them and why. And don't get me started that Nazis started the war. It doesn't mean we have to use the same methods as them.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster"
  5. Martin Tom

Martin Tom RC Christian Supporter

Wow, I saw this thread 2 years ago, now when I come back, it's still going.
  6. chanteuserose

chanteuserose Newbie

In Relationship
    fighting has several meanings and the word fighting, after the bombing is wrong to contribute it to violence. It was the will to live, that can be attributed with the word fighting. Fighting for live, for hope, for yourself.
    And why do you need to win or think about winning and loosing in such a huge war situation? The bombardement the way I understand this was to end the warmachine of Hitler, to end the war fighting. And any larg arguments and problems that need to be solved go out tearful. It just leads from one problem to the next.
  7. EddardStark

EddardStark Member

Then Nazi Germany's atrocities weren't warcrimes either.....

This was definitely a warcrime. Though it was one that was never punished, because it was committed by the victors.
  8. naveed

naveed Newbie

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  9. naveed

naveed Newbie

10. gideon123

gideon123 Humble Servant of God

United States
    I knew someone who was on that raid. He flew bombers during WW2. He had a lot of stories about his experiences.
    About Dresden ... he wasn't proud about what he did. It weighed on his conscience. But the regular airmen had no choice - they had to follow orders.