Was Ellen White a main stream Trinitarian ?

Jun 5, 2016
:)
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am currently reading The desire of the ages written by Ellen White. I have noticed that Ellen Whites language when referring to The trinity especially the relationship between Jesus and the Father seems somewhat different in language compared to mainstream christian theologians.

So my question is was Ellen White trinitarian by orthodox standards? or something else?

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Her position was never fully disclosed , as far as I know... however, her husbands view as well as the other Adventist pioneers, was non Trinitarian. The fact that she never once rebuked their understanding and teaching of the anti trinity view speaks to her beliefs.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wow. That sounds rather paranoid.

To what end?
The end that Jesuitism was created for in the first place... to counter the reformation and destroy it to bring the wayward daughters back under the control of the mother church.

Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2016
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The end that Jesuitism was created for in the first place... to counter the reformation and destroy it to bring the wayward daughters back under the control of the mother church.

I have spoken to many Adventists in my church who are saying a similar thing

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If those individuals exist, then I would think at some point they would have been revealed for who they were. Has that happened? Aren't all Jesuits celibate?

Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2016
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesuits are exposed. It's just that most people are blind to the truth and simply do not look into it. Yes Jesuits are ''officiously'' celibate.

This is the great myth what is taught which is not true.
The Roman empire became Christian (ecumenical counsels under the emperors) then as time went on west and eastern parts of the empire drifted away and eventually split into Roman Catholic and Orthodox. Then as time went on a group within Roman discovered that the ''Church'' aka Rome and the papacy aka big pappa is going astray in many things.... so they split from big pappa on the chair of peter who is in place of Christ and now you have Protestantism which is the purer part of the Church which has survived. But the problem with this is that its simply not true. But if you do believe this then you are always a slave and under Roman and the Empire because you came out of them. If you believe this and are a protestant then its true that you should be catholic because they are the church of the Empire. Big mamma is calling you back home and the big pappa on the seat of Peter wants his lost sheep back home so they can be save and looked after.
The fact is the Roman empire never became Christian! In appearance was the aim. Throughout history they persecuted and murdered real Christians from all over the world.

But what would I know? I sound like a crazy anti everything nutter !

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the great myth what is taught which is not true.
????

Which part are you calling the "myth?" - the Jesuits being celibate, or the church-split history you gave?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As to your OP Alex - the orthodox creeds describing the Trinity have problems; and the biggest one is that while the gentile church was supposed to make Jews jealous for our relationship to THEIR God; (Rom 11.11) the description of the Trinity seemed engineered to make Jews believe we were NOT serving the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. Rather, we were into a pagan tri-theism. That drives them away from the gospel, not making them jealous for it at all.

So Mrs White NOT using "orthodox" terminology for the Trinity is actually a good thing.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If those individuals exist, then I would think at some point they would have been revealed for who they were. Has that happened? Aren't all Jesuits celibate?
They are the ones behind the secret societies... in the conspiracy universe, you have blame being placed on the Zionists, the Masons, the Illuminati etc, but nary a word about the Jesuits... perfect cover to "expose" their front organizations but never reveal who is behind the curtain pulling the strings.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am currently reading The desire of the ages written by Ellen White. I have noticed that Ellen Whites language when referring to The trinity especially the relationship between Jesus and the Father seems somewhat different in language compared to mainstream christian theologians.

So my question is was Ellen White trinitarian by orthodox standards? or something else?

She was raised United Methodist and affirmed the point that the "Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Godhead" -- for most trinitarians that is exactly what they mean by the term.

Many Trinitarians today would admit that while Christ was on Earth - His glory was hidden and he appeared like a normal man - unlike God the Father appearing only in glory. Many also admit that there is a kind of hierarchy of roles that they have chosen.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
She was raised United Methodist and affirmed the point that the "Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Godhead" -- for most trinitarians that is exactly what they mean by the term.

Many Trinitarians today would admit that while Christ was on Earth - His glory was hidden and he appeared like a normal man - unlike God the Father appearing only in glory. Many also admit that there is a kind of hierarchy of roles that they have chosen.
That is exactly the difference between todays Trinitarians and those that believe in the triune Godhead... Trinitarians believe, afaik, that there is equality between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That is not what the Bible teaches otherwise the admonition to husbands to their wives and wives to their husbands would not be a reflection of the Godhead model. This same "equality" between husbands and wives in recent history has led to such distraction in the marriage and home. Satan has his agenda and it's to destroy any vestige of God on earth.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

She believed in two things.

1. The Holy Spirit is the THIRD Person of the Godhead.
2. One God - in Three Persons.

Call that what you will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She believed in two things.

1. The Holy Spirit is the THIRD Person of the Godhead.
2. One God - in Three Persons.

Call that what you will.
I would call that "trinitarian."

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is exactly the difference between todays Trinitarians and those that believe in the triune Godhead... Trinitarians believe, afaik, that there is equality between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
This IMO is a false dichotomy. Since every attempt to define the Trinity beyond one God in three Persons results in entering one of the classic heresies, the true dichotomy is between those who believe in one God in three Persons, and those who believe one God in one Person who takes on various modes at different times and situations. This is called Modalism or "Jesus Only."

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Read the chapter on the resurrection "The Lord is risen" - a great read

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Read the chapter on the resurrection "The Lord is risen" - a great read
Desire of Ages... the greatest book ever written, imo... along with the Great Controversy, Steps to Christ, the testimonies, etc, etc...lol

Upvote 0