Was Christine Blasey Ford credible?

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
is drinking to the point of falling asleep just short of drinking enough to vomit?

i think how your body reacts depends on what you are drinking, how fast you are drinking it, what you are doing while drinking, and what you have or haven't eaten. So the answer is "depends"....

• Informative
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The absurdity in some of those assumptions on page 8 about BOTH of them are so outlandish....makes me wonder why would anyone go to such great lengths to discredit someone (Ford in this case) and excuse his ralphing (weak stomach, sure his friends tried to gross him out) -either you are very naïve or have been so brainwashed you lose every bit of common sense to defend your parties nominee. It's amusing in it's absurdity. Frightening.

• Winner
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The absurdity in some of those assumptions on page 8 about BOTH of them are so outlandish....makes me wonder why would anyone go to such great lengths to discredit someone (Ford in this case) and excuse his ralphing (weak stomach, sure his friends tried to gross him out) -either you are very naïve or have been so brainwashed you lose every bit of common sense to defend your parties nominee. It's amusing in it's absurdity. Frightening.

His story sound real. You don't try to rape someone in high school and remain a virgin through college. He claims to have drunk beer...he doesn't deny that at times it was a lot. He acted like a lot of teenage boys at that age and time. I don't think that this behavior when he was a kid, means that he isn't fit to be a Supreme Court Justice. He didn't continue and stay a kid. He grew up and got good grades and lived a decent life (6 FBI verified background checks have verified this).

For what reason did Ford bring up this assault? Why didn't she bring it up when he was up for federal justice? Why didn't she bring it up when she was in therapy and said that this man might eventually be a nominee for the Supreme Court? Wouldn't that have been the appropriate time? Long before he made the short list? And why wouldn't a college professor not know how to get a hold of her senators...especially one so visible as Diane Fenstein? I wrote more than one letter to both my congressman and senator via their websites over my lifetime. Google the name...then you can find their website. Why wait until he is actually on the shortlist?...he was a federal judge. Discredit him in that position. Why did this wait until the last minute ... (assuming that you believe it is true in spite of the fact she can't find a single corroborating piece of evidence or witness) .

This traumatized woman wore 'pink "kitty cat" hats' (filter won't let me call them what they are called) and marched in women's rights parades. This is probably more what she looks like. Not coyly peeking out of her crooked glasses and hiding behind her hair. This is what a PhD psychology professor looks like.

EDIT: I have found that the photo I posted was in fact a woman named Liz Darner. I removed it because I do not want to perpetuate internet lies. I try hard to do my due diligence and this one slipped past my personal fact checking. I will own a mistake when I make it and I made it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You ask why she waited to report it, why she didn't do it before he was on the short list, when she knew he could be nominated....
The fact that you ask that question has me scratching my head. Look at the backlash this woman has had NOW, after women's rights are growing, after #metoo, after it's made more acceptable to come forward. Back then it was VERY few that came forward....she knew the price she would pay. And she was right. The way she has been treated is why they don't come forward. Your picture means absolutely nothing-so she marches for women's rights...so do million of other women and how does a confident/smiling picture indicate she wasn't attacked-the whole situation of reliving an attack, in front of people will always have you in a different tone. Lets wait to see what the reports say. But, if they come back with information that condemns him or at least causes more suspicion-will you just declare it tampered with and continue to hold your party line and demonize her?

• Winner
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And it's characterised by some as a right-wing conspiracy,
... since she's testified to hosting Goggle staff in her home and they perhaps aided her in scrubbing her online presence sometime prior to her appearance before the Senate Confirmation Hearing Committee (which, to me, seems quite understandable)

Yes, that is conspiracy thinking right there.

Reactions: overit
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
This traumatized woman wore '[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] hats' and marched in women's rights parades.

No, she wore a brain cap at a science march.

Reactions: overit
Upvote 0

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Yes, that is conspiracy thinking right there.
Do you personally find it at all significant that, as published in the prestigious medical journal of Clinical Psychology, Dr. Ford researched, studied, and was even part of a team which taught therapeutic self-hypnosis technique which included creating artificial memory realities to therapeutically assist in self-image betterment?

Upvote 0

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I should sell tin foil hats....
I'm likely to cause an unintentional controversy. We try to honour, "And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness" (2 Tim. 2:24). BUT, I'm one of those weirdos who has 'advanced' to the degree where I believe and think and approve the use of aluminum as perhaps a better choice than tin for these purposes, or at least that it's almost as effective in some ways and better in other ways. Please don't judge me if you either happen to be or claim a predestined preference to tin over and against aluminum. I mean no ill-will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Do you personally find it at all significant that, as published in the prestigious medical journal of Clinical Psychology, Dr. Ford researched, studied, and was even part of a team which taught therapeutic self-hypnosis technique which included creating artificial memory realities to therapeutically assist in self-image betterment?

It would be significant if Dr. Ford had undergone recovered memory therapy wrt this incident. There is no evidence that she did. And indeed, her authorship on this paper makes it unlikely that she would have done so, since she must be aware of the problems of that type of therapy.

As the Federalist notes, "The authors noted that hypnosis as a means of recovering traumatic memories could also lead to the “contamination” of those memories."

• Agree
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You ask why she waited to report it, why she didn't do it before he was on the short list, when she knew he could be nominated....
The fact that you ask that question has me scratching my head. Look at the backlash this woman has had NOW, after women's rights are growing, after #metoo, after it's made more acceptable to come forward. Back then it was VERY few that came forward....she knew the price she would pay. And she was right. The way she has been treated is why they don't come forward. Your picture means absolutely nothing-so she marches for women's rights...so do million of other women and how does a confident/smiling picture indicate she wasn't attacked-the whole situation of reliving an attack, in front of people will always have you in a different tone. Lets wait to see what the reports say. But, if they come back with information that condemns him or at least causes more suspicion-will you just declare it tampered with and continue to hold your party line and demonize her?

If she had come forward at the right time, it would have not been made into a public spectacle but rather had been a quiet FBI investigation with all the other things and people they investigated. It wouldn't have made national news and she could have continue her quiet life complete with the anonymousness that says she wanted initially. The report would have been handed over to the committee and they could have decided if it was worthy of disqualifying Kavanaugh and she would have gotten what she said she wanted...to let this be examined to decide his fitness. Do you think this is the only thing that the FBI had to investigate? Both families would have been saved the turmoil that was cause by this being held back and thrown in after the hearing was basically over. If she didn't lie, I suspect that someone used her as a pawn by not giving her the info like the FBI was willing to fly to her home for the interview and she didn't need to come to Washington.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If she had come forward at the right time, it would have not been made into a public spectacle but rather had been a quiet FBI investigation with all the other things and people they investigated.

It could also have been a quiet FBI investigation if President Trump had asked the FBI to carry one out when the allegations arose, exactly as happened with Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas. But Trump didn't choose to do so.

• Winner
Upvote 0

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
It could also have been a quiet FBI investigation if President Trump had asked the FBI to carry one out when the allegations arose, exactly as happened with Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas. But Trump didn't choose to do so.
um... it was already public by then. The Senate, the investigative Confirmation Committee, and President Trump were informed the same way we were - through the Washington Post article and leaked letter in the hands of Rep. Eshoo's office, Sen. Feinstein's office, and Dr. Ford's lawyers.

But I disagree with the Confirmation Committee and our dear blackribbon's hope that it would not have become a public spectacle. Dr. Ford herself, imo, insured that it would become a public spectacle when she first named any potential SCOTUS nominee to friends and the Post, and esp. upon naming Judge Kavanaugh in reaching out to the Washington Post and her 'friends'. However, I also agree with Dr. Ford, that had she truly sought to have the matter handled quietly and privately her allegations would have either been summarily dismissed as politically motivated (which she admits - that she did not want Kavanaugh appointed as the nominee), or investigated with others publicly telling her tale, which likely would have amounted to the same (since none of her named witnesses have corroborated, and no therapist record names Kavanaugh).

I think most everyone outside of Sen. Feinstein agrees the best course would have been to immediately involve law-enforcement or at least the entire Confirmation Committee and their investigation (which, as it alleged crimes, would legally have been forwarded to law-enforcement) - maybe it would have even given incentive for some or any Democrat on the Committee to join with the Republican members in their investigations (which they never did). But the delay was purposeful. I don't have much hope that it would ever have remained confidential or out of the public eye.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I actually think this should have been brought up when she first first realized that Kavanaugh was a federal justice (if it was really about the principle of it)...why wait? she sould have brought it up back in the days when she was worried that he might be considered for a SC seat....like 2012 when she brought it up to the therapist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Yeah, I still don't get why it had to be in public session. I guess something something they represent us.

ETA: Yeah, I just read where Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) said, " to provide ample transparency, we will hold a public hearing Monday to give these recent allegations a full airing”.

So it was a transparency thing.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, Ford might be in some serious legal trouble. A longtime boyfriend wrote a letter to the judiciary committee saying she knew how to beat polygraphs.

SHE’S A FRAUD: Dr. Ford Lied About Flying, Tight Spaces, Closed Quarters, Polygraph Tests and Never Mentioned Sexual Assault to Boyfriend

The boyfriend wrote the Judiciary Committee about the relationship:

– Ford never mentioned sexual assault
– Ford never mentioned Kavanaugh
– Ford not scared of confined spaces
– Ford not scared of flying
– Ford knew how to beat polygraph
– Ford cheated on him/committed fraud

BOOM! Former Long-Time Boyfriend of Christine Ford DROPS A BOMB! — Proves FORD LIED UNDER OATH to Senate Committee!

A Former long-time boyfriend of Dr. Christine Ford told the Senate Judiciary Committee that he witnessed Dr. Ford coaching a friend on how to take a polygraph examination.​

We'll see how this plays out. If the friend is questioned and corroborates, this will go bad fast. I'm sure attacks on the boyfriend are being revved up as we speak.

• Winner
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Wow, Ford might be in some serious legal trouble. A longtime boyfriend wrote a letter to the judiciary committee saying she knew how to beat polygraphs.

A Former long-time boyfriend of Dr. Christine Ford told the Senate Judiciary Committee that he witnessed Dr. Ford coaching a friend on how to take a polygraph examination.​

We'll see how this plays out. If the friend is questioned and corroborates, this will go bad fast. I'm sure attacks on the boyfriend are being revved up as we speak.

An unnamed slef-proclaimed boyfriend refers to an unnamed friend, and the Gateway Pundit goes ALL CAPS.

We'll see how this plays out.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0