Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought this interview was insightful, curious what the regulars on here think of it.

He says do I look like someone who deserves a cut, the candor is staggering.

Your thoughts...

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought this interview was insightful, curious what the regulars on here think of it.

He says do I look like someone who deserves a cut, the candor is staggering.

Your thoughts...

Expand on his (abbreviated) statement, "Until you sell it........" (minute 6:52, part 2), and see where it takes you. People get their undies in a wad when they conflate wealth and income.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Terminal_Marxicity

Dec 16, 2017
Texas
✟17,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Nothing is stopping him from rejecting said cuts.

Truth is, billionaires like him skate on loopholes and havens and deductions that only 7 figure a year accountants (former IRS employees) know about (because they wrote or enforced the laws) while advocating for a tax structure that ensnares millionaires and aspiring millionaires so they can never get big enough to compete with the Rothchilds', Soros' Buffets', Gates', Rockefellars', Bezos', etc.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nothing is stopping him from rejecting said cuts.

Truth is, billionaires like him skate on loopholes and havens and deductions that only 7 figure a year accountants (former IRS employees) know about (because they wrote or enforced the laws) while advocating for a tax structure that ensnares millionaires and aspiring millionaires so they can never get big enough to compete with the Rothchilds', Soros' Buffets', Gates', Rockefellars', Bezos', etc.

As he said 99 percent of his wealth is in BH stock, tucked away in a safety deposit box. It's "paper wealth" until he sells it and converts it to cash. Until then it doesn't affect the economy at all except to the extent that his recent stock purchases enable BH to enhance their business or pay their employees more.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Schoolchildren_line_up_for_free_issue_of_soup_and_a_slice_of_bread_in_the_Depression%2C_Belmore_North_Public_School%2C_Sydney%2C_2_August_1934_-_Sam_Hood_%283550268287%29.jpg
The GOP just began pillaging the Middle Class. Attention Poor Folks: you’re next (Welfare Reform).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The GOP just began pillaging the Middle Class. Attention Poor Folks: you’re next (Welfare Reform).
..and the elders and disabled.(social security, Medicare/Medicaid.)

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
..and the elders and disabled.(social security, Medicare/Medicaid.)

And those who wish to adopt.
And those who have high medical bills.
And those who want to buy a home.
And those who want a small business.

I will say one thing about this year. It has been interesting watching some divest themselves of the sheep's clothing of moral authority they have claimed over the years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Schoolchildren_line_up_for_free_issue_of_soup_and_a_slice_of_bread_in_the_Depression%2C_Belmore_North_Public_School%2C_Sydney%2C_2_August_1934_-_Sam_Hood_%283550268287%29.jpg

I'm middle class and I made out like a "fat rat in a cheese factory". ^_^

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I thought it was interesting that he thought single payer would straighten out a lot of problems in our health care costs.
Interesting in what way?

I would tend to think that he recognizes that a for-profit, big-ticket item, like healthcare in the USA is, by design, a luxury item for the wealthy.
Insurance is merely the finance plan for the rest of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting in what way?

I would tend to think that he recognizes that a for-profit, big-ticket item, like healthcare in the USA is, by design, a luxury item for the wealthy.
Insurance is merely the finance plan for the rest of us.
That's the last thing I would have expected him to say, and he says he believes it would help to get health care costs down. I've been rather skeptical that single payer is a viable solution, it was interesting that someone who knows how high finance works thinks it has it's merits.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's the last thing I would have expected him to say, and he says he believes it would help to get health care costs down. I've been rather skeptical that single payer is a viable solution, it was interesting that someone who knows how high finance works thinks it has it's merits.
For me, as I see it (yes that redundancy was intentional), the fundamental principle in the debate divide is this: should healthcare be 'for-profit'?

[mini, non angry, run-on sentence rant..]
I don't think anyone begrudges payment to caretakers, even a decent living. But when it becomes corporate, with fiduciary responsibility to maximize returns for share-holders.. many expecting 20%+ ROI year after year at every stage of the game from the hands on doctors and nurses, to the hospital groups/facilities, to insurance, to medical equipment, and pharmaceuticals..etc.. that the prices are much higher in the USA is no mystery.
[rant/]
Does single-payer government solve all the of the problems.. not likely. Would it be better than what we have? Look at those places that have tried it.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm middle class and I made out like a "fat rat in a cheese factory". ^_^
You must be using Obama’s Time Portal given the bill hasn’t been signed yet.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Single payer, or national healthcare, would break the bank as it would be a license to neglect one's health even more than we do now. Abortion, gender reassignment, etc. would be declared "medically necessary" procedures by a liberal government while 'death panels' would assign older patients to hospice care.

• Haha
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0