Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
shocking revelations recently outlined by radio host Mark Levin and expanded on by Breitbart News that show that starting in June, 2016 the Obama administration filed requests with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers.

Hannity Tweetstorm Grills Obama & Underlings on FISA Trump Attack - Breitbart

You all need to read this article as if it is true (which I believe it is) there should be criminal charges coming against the guilty.

This is Watergate on steroids

• Agree
Reactions: paul1149

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Breitbart and Hannity are probably to try and get the discussion off Russia.

The president by law cannot request wire taps. The only ones who can are the Dept. of Justice and they have to go through a FISA court. And the FISA court would not agree to it unless there was strong evidence of wrong doing.

So if Trump really was wire tapped (meaning had his foreign calls listened into), then there had to be strong evidence of wrong doing to justify it.

Trump accuses Obama of ‘wire tapping’ Trump Tower phones

Trump’s allegation that Obama carried out “Nixon/Watergate”-like wire-tapping comes at a time when his own administration’s constant leaks and controversies have drawn comparisons to Nixon’s White House. His complaints of McCarthyism come from a president who was mentored by McCarthy adviser Roy Cohn and whose focus on rooting out undocumented immigrants has troubled critics who fear allegiance tests.....

It appears that the crux of that argument comes from reporting that U.S. officials secretly monitored a computer server in Trump Tower to determine if there were links to Russian banks. A New York Times article published on Jan. 19 — just one day before Trump’s inauguration — reported that U.S. law enforcement and intelligence agencies had intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a probe of links between Trump’s campaign and Russian officials.

There has been no definitive reporting, however, that any phone lines belonging to the Trump campaign were tapped. If a judge found probable cause to conduct such secret monitoring, it likely would have been after being presented with enough evidence to suspect illegal conduct or communication with a foreign leader.​

If Trump was really wire tapped (old term as it is not done that way anymore), then his administration should be worried as there is evidence against them. As in Trump administration and Russia.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
shocking revelations recently outlined by radio host Mark Levin and expanded on by Breitbart News that show that starting in June, 2016 the Obama administration filed requests with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers.

Hannity Tweetstorm Grills Obama & Underlings on FISA Trump Attack - Breitbart

You all need to read this article as if it is true (which I believe it is) there should be criminal charges coming against the guilty.

This is Watergate on steroids
There should be criminal charges for applying for a warrant?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There should be criminal charges for applying for a warrant?

The op said this
"starting in June, 2016 the Obama administration filed requests with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers."

if this is true and there were no evidence of wrong doing then why did the information gathered leak out?

I would like to see the warrant, it is supposed to hae specifics about a suspected crime to be issuedv

I am wondering about the court that issued these warrants (wonder how many there that were issued?) is there a political bias attached to them?

Again no criminal evidence was found or it would have been prosecuted by now, at least in the press.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The op said this
"starting in June, 2016 the Obama administration filed requests with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers."

if this is true and there were no evidence of wrong doing then why did the information gathered leak out?

I would like to see the warrant, it is supposed to hae specifics about a suspected crime to be issuedv

I am wondering about the court that issued these warrants (wonder how many there that were issued?) is there a political bias attached to them?

Again no criminal evidence was found or it would have been prosecuted by now, at least in the press.
FISA warrants are classified. If the FBI did in fact apply for one, whoever revealed it just broke the law. FISA warrants are also held to a slightly different standard. You don't need to show probable cause of a crime, but that there is probable cause that the subject of the warrant is under the influence of a foreign power. The FISC is a non-political court, though they have been accused of being a rubber stamp because of how few warrant request they turn down.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,101.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Breitbart and Hannity are probably to try and get the discussion off Russia.

The president by law cannot request wire taps. The only ones who can are the Dept. of Justice and they have to go through a FISA court. And the FISA court would not agree to it unless there was strong evidence of wrong doing.

So if Trump really was wire tapped (meaning had his foreign calls listened into), then there had to be strong evidence of wrong doing to justify it.

Trump accuses Obama of ‘wire tapping’ Trump Tower phones

Trump’s allegation that Obama carried out “Nixon/Watergate”-like wire-tapping comes at a time when his own administration’s constant leaks and controversies have drawn comparisons to Nixon’s White House. His complaints of McCarthyism come from a president who was mentored by McCarthy adviser Roy Cohn and whose focus on rooting out undocumented immigrants has troubled critics who fear allegiance tests.....

It appears that the crux of that argument comes from reporting that U.S. officials secretly monitored a computer server in Trump Tower to determine if there were links to Russian banks. A New York Times article published on Jan. 19 — just one day before Trump’s inauguration — reported that U.S. law enforcement and intelligence agencies had intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a probe of links between Trump’s campaign and Russian officials.

There has been no definitive reporting, however, that any phone lines belonging to the Trump campaign were tapped. If a judge found probable cause to conduct such secret monitoring, it likely would have been after being presented with enough evidence to suspect illegal conduct or communication with a foreign leader.​

If Trump was really wire tapped (old term as it is not done that way anymore), then his administration should be worried as there is evidence against them. As in Trump administration and Russia.

Yet there is no evidence that connects Trump to Russia and the election. Trump can't win with you guys. He claims he was wire tapped and you all go crazy and call him a lunatic and point out how his is paranoid and nuts etc. Then when we find out that he may have been tapped you all call him a crook. Just admit it. You guys hate him so bad that no matter what happens he is a bad guy and can't win no matter what. You all scream and cry about how Hillary was mistreated in her private server case even when there was evidence that she committed crimes. But when there is NO EVIDENCE at all that Trump did anything wrong with Russia and the election you all cry about how he was involved anyway. It sounds like you guys are the conspiracy theorists to me.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lol. Breitbart as the source.

Other sources have been reporting it too. Just because a source you don't like picks up the story and comments on it doesn't suddenly make the whole story invalid.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Other sources have been reporting it too.

Oh I have no doubt at all that other sources are reporting this, lol. There's also sources reporting sightings of Big Foot!

Mitch McConnell, 1 of the biggest Trump brownnosers around, said there was no evidence of wiretapping.

Just because a source you don't like picks up the story and comments on it doesn't suddenly make the whole story invalid.

Please apply this to yourself the next time somebody posts something from the Guardian, Washington Post, NYT or some other MSM with an article about Trump you don't like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh I have no doubt at all that other sources are reporting this, lol. There's also sources reporting sightings of Big Foot!

Hardly relevant. But I think you understand that my point is that a story doesn't become invalid just because a source you don't agree with picks up a story. It's not as if that particular media outlet was the original source of the story.

Mitch McConnell, 1 of the biggest Trump brownnosers around, said there was no evidence of wiretapping.

He said that before any investigation was even begun. Since then, very much evidence has been shown.

Please apply this to yourself the next time somebody posts something from the Guardian, Washington Post, NYT or some other MSM with an article about Trump you don't like.

Ah, you caught me! I like to mess with people who see a story published by conservative sources and dismiss them out of hand. Sometimes a person just has to use the same logic with them to show them how it feels.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Hardly relevant. But I think you understand that my point is that a story doesn't become invalid just because a source you don't agree with picks up a story. It's not as if that particular media outlet was the original source of the story.

It's relevant bc you can find some source on the internet to back up whatever you'd like to believe, regardless of its founding in reality. Breitbart used to be run by Steve Bannon, the current advisor to Trump. They're a blatantly biased right-wing site. If Trump said his boogers were made of gold, they'd find an "expert" to say it was true, lol.

He said that before any investigation was even begun. Since then, very much evidence has been shown.

He said that earlier today. Other Republicans haven't supported the claim either. If Trump was a logical person & he was telling the truth, he would have gotten all the evidence 1st, & then immediately shown it, instead of just sending out a ranty delusional Tweet at 6:30 in the morning or something, right before trash talking Schwarzenegger.

Ah, you caught me! I like to mess with people who see a story published by conservative sources and dismiss them out of hand. Sometimes a person just has to use the same logic with them to show them how it feels.

Lulz, it would be impossible for you to mess with me; I've read enough of your posts. There are legitimate conservative news sources, ones with established history of credibility. Breitbart isn't 1 of them.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
there had to be strong evidence of wrong doing to justify it.

I'm not certain why we would assume there may not have been strong evidence, just because there is supposed to be?

People lie all the time. Whether they are doing that here or not, IDK, but I know of no one in government to whom we can claim, they will not/do not lie.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) He claims he was wire tapped and you all go crazy and call him a lunatic and point out how his is paranoid and nuts etc. (snip)
Let me just point out something here: no one is calling him out because he thinks he was wiretapped. They're calling him out because he accused President Obama of personally ordering him to be wiretapped. There's a difference. :wave:
tulc(suspects if President Trump's actually knew what the President can or can't do he might have avoided this situation) :sorry:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

You have it backwards here. They have had the information on President Trump since before the election. If there had been anything criminal going on, it would have come out already with all the other leaks. Too many ultra partisans on the left knew and would never have kept quiet and let Trump take office if they could take him down legally.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aldebaran, did you actually read this article? Asking bc it doesn't provide evidence that backs up Trump's claim about Obama; it discusses what we already know about how his team has been investigated for their shady ties to Russia.

But it does show that communications were being monitored. If they could monitor Trump's "associates" and their phone calls, then why is it so much of a leap of logic to think that they would monitor Trump himself as well. Wiretapping is certainly related to communications.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
But it does show that communications were being monitored. If they could monitor Trump's "associates" and their phone calls, then why is it so much of a leap of logic to think that they would monitor Trump himself as well. Wiretapping is certainly related to communications.

It's a leap of logic if you know anything, at all, about the legality of wire taps & the power of the POTUS to order them unilaterally. But Trump is someone who spells wire tap as tapp, so yeah, not a surprise he's clueless about what a POTUS can & cannot do, lol.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's a leap of logic if you know anything, at all, about the legality of wire taps & the power of the POTUS to order them unilaterally. But Trump is someone who spells wire tap as tapp, so yeah, not a surprise he's clueless about what a POTUS can & cannot do, lol.

I'm surprised you'd even mention that. Isn't it obvious that when using a smartphone to type, it's easy to misspell words, or to hit a letter twice by accident. It's pretty clearly that's what happened. I'm sure he knows how to spell "tap".

Upvote 0