Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Of course its nothing new ,but its really become more popular in this generations this so called Success teachers,mentors or Motivational speakers. Almost 99% of them are false teachers who never really achieved anything them selfs, Many of them never even had a business ,but for some reason people see a guy who wears a suite and a tie and speaks with excitment and motivation thinks he is rich and going to teach them how the get rich. Its a false teachers although some of the things they do speak correct.but most of this books and teachers are liers. They just make up programs ,sell there cd's and make lessons for people to pay them big money.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Motivational speaking and coaching are viable services. There's a dearth of encouragement in Christian circles. God endows some with gifts which enable to them to connect with others through public speaking, writing and counseling.

This is how it looks when He's at the forefront. :)

~Bella

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course its nothing new ,but its really become more popular in this generations this so called Success teachers,mentors or Motivational speakers. Almost 99% of them are false teachers who never really achieved anything them selfs, Many of them never even had a business ...

Public speaking, selling yourself, and holding the attention of a crowd is a valuable skill and can be a very rewarding business. A public speaking job is a huge achievement. They don't start out big or paid. It's a lot of work.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've always viewed motivational speakers with suspicion. They seem to be encouraging some sort of inner magic in the person that will spring forth, attracting all sorts of instant rewards. It may work for a few, but most really need a dose of reality.

I suggest a "Success Club", an elective course that focuses on conservative values, personal responsibility, goal orientation, service, health, propriety, etc. that would follow these students beginning in Jr. High School through graduation. The Jewish student model of the 1950's would be a good example.

Upvote 0

DerSchweik

Spend time in His Word - every day
Aug 31, 2007
Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Over the years I've been coerced by "motivated" clients into playing with blocks, jigsaw puzzles, Tinker Toys, cards; I've run relay races, fallen backwards into coworkers arms... you name it, I think I've probably had to do it at some point in the name of becoming "motivated."

All that pales in comparison to the LANGUAGE these charlatans tend to use. We, the unlucky recipients of all this "motivated" attention found ourselves constantly barraged with words like "synergy", "focus", "bandwidth", "strategic fit", "value-add", "value engineer", "win-win", "leverage" and yada, yada, yada.

It was about to drive us insane until someone in our group of unmotivated guinea pigs found the game - Buzzword Bingo - which goes by another name I can't repeat here.

If it weren't for that game, I'd probably be in an asylum by now :)

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0