Warning about Dream catchers, Pendants etc.

HollyRoller7

Apr 24, 2017
Ocean city
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hello I just want to say that I was given a witches ball from my cousin who had no idea what it was nor did I I just thought it was cool blown glass and I had it hanging to the left of bedside along with a dreamcatcher that my cousin also gave me not knowing that it had Darkness or negative energy or basically do a cult and Satan attached to it in some way and I had that hanging directly over my bed for at least four years with both of these things and I started suffering from sleep paralysis and having nightmares the same one every night and it was only until recent that I realized after I was baptized how these things are attached to demonic spirits. I'm a Sentimental person and I always thought it was about intention and do some point I do still but also along with the sleep paralysis I was suffering a new depression and pretty much prone to my bed with no energy I had just been baptized in the summer of 2016 and it's now April of 2017 and I was safe and I was seven years old in church camp but naturally I straight away because I grew up in a family with parents who did not always do the right thing in the name of God if you know what I mean. So I grew up very confused it on the fence about a lot of things and I never left God fully but I did Explorer Eastern religion I travel to Egypt I went to China and studied and I collected things that people gave me and also some souvenirs from those countries and I'm sure they were given with kindness and love and maybe they were not even aware of what was attached to them or at least I hope they were not aware. But anyway my point being recently I got rid of all of my Crystals and Stones and Buddhas and some things from China and my little necklaces with the Tibetan prayer wheel and a prayer necklace from India that A friend gave me which all of these things were hard to part with for a minute because they had sentimental value but then it passed because God is much greater and my intent was for the Lord and to do it for God and for myself and then I prayed after I begged everything up I wanted to go smash it all and put it in the garbage can but it was raining out So I had to wait a couple days and I put them in the bathroom closet. There's a few more things I have to go through most definitely and while I did all this I prayed to God not for him to show himself to me I just wanted to show the Lord that I want both hands with him and not one hand in the world this wicked wicked world and the other hand holding his I want Lord Jesus to know that I am all in him and I'm asking for prayer also for discernment and to be able to realize intellectually what I need to get rid of there were items for Egypt that my dear sister friend gave me she is Muslim I am Christian and we are friends she is very dear and kind and I do not believe her intent was to give me any bad dark energy that was diabolical or of the occult at all. But I had statues of the pyramids and King Tut and pharaoh and Nefertiti and a few other things and that put them in the bag also of things to get rid of. They're we're also Buddha beads that I was given by a ex friend who is a Buddhist after becoming a Christian woman I had to shed my skin and leave a lot of people behind you just didn't agree with the path I was going down anymore but I didn't judge them I just let them be yet I did share the word before I left. Anyway sorry so long but I needed to share about the sleep paralysis and the nightmares and how every morning I would wake up crying and I was pretty much found in my bed for the past two or three years and I'm in perfectly good health physically but something had a hold of my mind I want to contact my pastor at the church I've been going to but I know he's very busy and I don't want to bother him but I feel like I need a whole bunch of people to put their hands on me and pray over me in the name of Jesus Christ in case there is any demons attached to me I don't feel that there is because the Holy Spirit the beautifully colorful holy spirit is within me but there are times when I feel a Darkness trying to look around and I think this summer I want to get baptized again by a new pastor the one who preaches and teaches at the church I attend now where I was last summer I was church shopping and they were doing baptisms on the beach and I just didn't get because feeling from the pastor who baptized and I don't think I concept of it but I did feel a positive difference afterwards this past year has been very hard because I've had demonic attacks right and left after being baptized especially with energy drainage in Every Which Way and also sweating like crazy when I am around people and I am such a people person and I love to talk obviously if you're reading this comment book by now LOL but I could be going through the midpoint of a woman's life of the lovely menopause which could be causing the sweats I don't know but but it only seems to happen when I I'm around other people because I know the difference between a hot flash and sweating so I asked her prayer regarding this sweating and to be delivered of it in Jesus name because it impairs me from be my outgoing self and talking and sharing with others face-to-face instead of hiding behind a computer because I'm dealing with changing my clothes 3 to 5 times a day LOL if it is menopause I know I will come out the other side even stronger and if it is menopause I do ask the Lord every night I pray if this two can pass but if not I will accept it :) anyway thank you for listening and I hope this is help someone in some way God bless you all and I pray for you all and your well-being in Jesus name

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings. I don't often come to these forums. Do not be upset if you do not see a second Reply from me. I don't believe in spending a lot of time on the Internet. I prefer to pray in Peace with God.

Your post was very long and rambling. But I will try to be concise.

God is very clear in the Bible, especially across the Old Testament, about the great importance of not having other spiritual beliefs in our lives. This includes rejecting all types of idols and things connected with the occult. I understand that our modern culture 'has this stuff everywhere" ... but God is very serious that we must - and should - remove it from our homes and our lives. Therefore, if any of these objects are 'occult' or connected with other religions, you definitely should destroy them, or give them back to the original people.

I am not saying that everything is an idol. Many items are simply decorations or cultural. So you will have to decide. But anything from witchcraft of the occult must go - immediately. And likewise, anything used with other forms of worship. No idols.

Finally, please remember that you are protected by the blood of Christ. God does not want you to dwell in fear. Do what is right, live in the light, and have no fear! If you have sleep problems - if they persist - talk to your doctor. Pray and God will restore you :)

These words are an encouragement. Nothing here is a criticism.

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Gideon

Upvote 0

HollyRoller7

Apr 24, 2017
Ocean city
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings. I don't often come to these forums. Do not be upset if you do not see a second Reply from me. I don't believe in spending a lot of time on the Internet. I prefer to pray in Peace with God.

Your post was very long and rambling. But I will try to be concise.

God is very clear in the Bible, especially across the Old Testament, about the great importance of not having other spiritual beliefs in our lives. This includes rejecting all types of idols and things connected with the occult. I understand that our modern culture 'has this stuff everywhere" ... but God is very serious that we must - and should - remove it from our homes and our lives. Therefore, if any of these objects are 'occult' or connected with other religions, you definitely should destroy them, or give them back to the original people.

I am not saying that everything is an idol. Many items are simply decorations or cultural. So you will have to decide. But anything from witchcraft of the occult must go - immediately. And likewise, anything used with other forms of worship. No idols.

Finally, please remember that you are protected by the blood of Christ. God does not want you to dwell in fear. Do what is right, live in the light, and have no fear! If you have sleep problems - if they persist - talk to your doctor. Pray and God will restore you :)

These words are an encouragement. Nothing here is a criticism.

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Gideon
Good morning thank you both for your replies about my pastor putting hands on me for healing in Jesus name I've seen this done and it just feels like something I need and also my apologies for being rambling LOL I've never been on a forum in my life and and I have this new cell phone that records the words that are typed so I just kept talking and talking and talking so yes thank you both for your patience & replies. I believe last night I was also struggling with some severe anxiety and sweating from the midlife crisis called menopause LOL so again please forgive me for my longevity in comment. So Im definitely going t o keep trucking on with Jesus and learning more and trying to get closer in my relationship with him and do the right things. I do want to say that I was aware that certain objects were of the occult when I had them for the traveling other countries and being gifted with things but because I didn't pray to them and just use them as knick knacks or decorations I thought they were okay but someone in the Christian Community told me they carry dark energies and I have to get rid of them and then another person in the Christian Community told me it it was ok to have them because she said it was like having souvenirs; it's not like I was praying to them. So she said it was about intent. Another good example is yoga. I did my yoga stretches for 10 years but I never prayed or chanted to the Hindu gods. I had a clear conscience...but again half said it is about your intent and the other half said and basically praying to the devil cuz it's an Eastern religion. So even though I missed it and my body mist the relaxation because I suffer from well I don't suffer from but I fight anxiety everyday I just keep giving it to God and I stopped going. Anyway thanks again for your replies peace be with you guys and God bless you in Jesus name

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My wife got a dream catcher a few years ago and although I said they are nonsense (because I didn't know about them),I just thought they were a harmless old Native american thing and it's just an ornament sort of thing.I have since found out that they don't filter out bad dreams at all they are part of the occult and do the opposite to what they claim.My wife also had a thing called a "circle of Raphael" which is supposed to bring angels into your life.I hit the roof when she told me and I told her they were the wrong type of angels! It has a circle and an inner circle with symbols between them which are used in the occult! We gathered all of the stuff together,the stones, crystals, pendant and dream catcher and they went in the bin.I went up to the outside bins with them even though it was 1 am. in the morning.We were not having them in the house a moment longer! If anyone has any of these things I would advise that they get rid of them straight away.

What is the goal-separation from God?

Upvote 0

Keathwar

Sep 3, 2019
Meridian
✟15,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Satan opposed God, and lost. Satan as the serpent struck the heel of man, God as a man crushed the head of the serpent. The sting of Satan’s bite has been overcome, and Satan will be ultimately defeated.

I grew up in Mormonism (a cult). My family is now all out, but i’m the only Christian (God saved me two and half years ago). They all have different beliefs, one sibling specifically has a shop creating and selling dream catchers. She gave me a beautiful handmade one for Christmas. As a Christian, I know of Christ’s victory and know I need not fear. I hung it in my window, and admired it’s beauty as a new decoration and sweet gift.

I was of the impression that nothing would happen in relation to the dream catcher. It would neither affect my dreams positively or negatively. Nothing demonic would happen. I had nothing to fear, not even in the back of my mind.

I was mistaken. I was tormented with bad dreams and often demonic based dreams for a year. I had forgotten about the dream catcher. It hung by my window (which my bed was directly under). I didn’t think of it, I didn’t link the two.

Then a much older and wiser Christian brother was telling me about dream catchers being gates for demons. I thought the idea was a little silly. But then I connected the dots with my bad dreams and my dream catcher.

I was skeptical removing the dream catcher would accomplish anything. But I figured there was no harm in giving it a shot and seeing what happened. Either nothing would change (the dreams would continue), or the dreams would stop.

Before I tell you what happened. I want you to guess. Also reflect, because i’ve Told you what my bias was this whole experience. Do you think some sort of “placebo effect” or “self-fulfilling prophecy” could occur here?

Okay, now that you’ve reflected, here’s what happened. I removed the dream catcher from my home. Although it was lovely, I had enjoyed looking at it as a “decoration” for a year. These dark and demonic dreams about torture, suicide, and murder stopped. They haven’t come back. It’s been a year. I don’t always remember my dreams, but I do have a journal next to my bed for the ones I do remember. To the best of my ability at recording this, with the dream catcher demons were at least on some level interacting with my dreams, without it they did not access my dreams.

Could they access my dreams without the dream catcher, or without asking them to by other means of occult practice? I don’t believe so. Could they access my dreams with the dream catcher or via occult practice, i’m fully convinced they could and did.

Perhaps i’m simply a “weak” brother, but I would contend no Christian ought to harbor artifacts of the occult, like dream catchers. I would not condemn a Christian for doing so, but I can not recommend it.

Before I was saved, I had experiences with the occult and supernatural. As Christians, we cannot just shrug and deny demonic forces. We shouldn’t be obsessive, or afraid of them but we ought to acknowledge them, and especially Christ’s supreme victory and power over them. Until Satan has been defeated, he’s still at work. As an unbeliever, you have no authority to cast out demons in Christ’s name as if it’s some sort of formula, you could find yourself like the sons of Sceva in Acts 19. As a believer, you do have the authority and need not fear.

Upvote 0