Warning about Dream catchers, Pendants etc.

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the advice. I've never had a dream catcher, but I did have a crystal bracelet that they said was suppose to bring "positive energy". Now when I think back on it, that sounds a bit ridiculous like something from the occult.

It's Occult, get rid of it. Confess to Jesus and repent, and denounce the affiliation to it. If you haven't already.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lol! You really wanna go there? Your KJV is more corrupt than any version, and it uses old English which nobody still uses or understands.

Well there's KJV 2000 for example. Atleast it doesn't use the Corrupt Alexandrian text.

NIV has 64,576 missing words. It uses a corrupt original text. Did you know that Zondervan publishers (who publish the New international Version of the Bible) is owned by Harper Collins? Harper Collins also publishes The Joy of Gay Sex and The Satanic Bible.

The NIV translators removed 64,576 words as compared to the King James Bible! Words are very important! God put “every Word” there for a reason, i.e., so we could live by them! Matthew 4:4, “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”.

NIV translators completely removed the critically important Word, “GODHEAD” from Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20 and Colossians 2:9 is reason enough to run away from the NIV as fast as you can.

The word "sodomite" is completely gone, as is the words: fornication, trucebreakers, winebibbers, carnal, slothful, unthankful, effeminate, backbiting, vanity, lasciviousness, whoredom, devils, Lucifer, damnation, brimstone, and the bottomless pit.

You know how many translations have unicorns in them? Just one. KJV.

It's not unicorns as in the mythology/occult or what they are.

Strong's H7214 - rĕ'em
1) probably the great aurochs or wild bulls which are now extinct. The exact meaning is not known.

I don't think that superstitious Christians such as yourself even understand what curses are. They aren't magic spells that have the power to ruin people's circumstances. They're words, used to belittle someone or to wish harm on them. Curses can be applied to God, and He is certainly not the victim of magic.

Yes they can be used to ruin people's circumstances. If they (curses) ARE or CAN be Magic spells, I don't know, but I know there are Magic spells. They (curses) can also be applied by God, but also by people (Witches for example). They can invoke demons and stuff. They can surely ruin people's circumstances by doing their stuff, but it's the demons doing it I think. I know of someone whose husband died after he went to some New Age people. They did their stuff on him.

BTW, you are aware that dragons are in the Bible too, right? It's not just a symbol used in pagan religions. It was a common symbol used throughout all of the known world, and in the New Testament, it was used to represent the devil. This was not the dragon's original or only representation.

Well, Satan is a dragon in NT, so. We are to stay away from them (covers etc).

Lol I've just been lurking in this thread... and oh dear...

Magic spells, enchantments, talismans, summoning ghosts and demons, what the heck???

Is this the Harry Potter enthusiast thread? Does anyone believe in all that garbage?

It's biblical. The bible talks about Wizards and Magicians etc. I've heard of people that been in the Occult and other stories. I've also read about Pharaoh and his Sorcerers.

How do you know that?

It's biblical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Francess
Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My wife got a dream catcher a few years ago and although I said they are nonsense (because I didn't know about them),I just thought they were a harmless old Native american thing and it's just an ornament sort of thing.I have since found out that they don't filter out bad dreams at all they are part of the occult and do the opposite to what they claim.My wife also had a thing called a "circle of Raphael" which is supposed to bring angels into your life.I hit the roof when she told me and I told her they were the wrong type of angels! It has a circle and an inner circle with symbols between them which are used in the occult! We gathered all of the stuff together,the stones, crystals, pendant and dream catcher and they went in the bin.I went up to the outside bins with them even though it was 1 am. in the morning.We were not having them in the house a moment longer! If anyone has any of these things I would advise that they get rid of them straight away.

I personally think this is along the same lines of eating meat sacrificed to idols in 1 Cor 10. It was harmless but sometimes not appropriate. Objects have no more power than what we give them and the devil has no power or authority. Respect of and fear of such things like artifacts, runes, objects, seems like a paganistic thing to me.

Too many people watch hollywood movie about devils and exorcisms and begin to be afraid that thats how it really works.

Upvote 0

mathew1524

Sep 21, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here recently I have found how important a symbol can be or what it can represent. I ask you guys for help on this one bc who decides what is a satanic symbol. What panel of people say what is over the other. For instance the dream catcher is a good example. I keep finding that's its bad but no explanation defending that conclusion. It seems easy to cast something satanic bc we don't understand or fearful of it.

Upvote 0

Alvis

Harry Potter
Aug 30, 2013
Here
✟1,906.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Here recently I have found how important a symbol can be or what it can represent. I ask you guys for help on this one bc who decides what is a satanic symbol. What panel of people say what is over the other. For instance the dream catcher is a good example. I keep finding that's its bad but no explanation defending that conclusion. It seems easy to cast something satanic bc we don't understand or fearful of it.

Don't feel bad; I've heard christians on here say a crucifix is evil. I don't even...

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

An object dedicated to another god, or imbued with some kind of mystical power is an abomination to our God. Dream catchers are from a pagan religion and aren't appropriate for Christians.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I make dreamcatchers. They are decoration. Any other meaning is meaning that you give it.

There is nothing occult about them. Occult implies demonic activity. These are cultural items, given a cute story, and sold to tourists. Perhaps once they may have meant something spiritual, but now they don't.

Just because something belongs to a non-anglo saxon heritage does not mean it's occult. Really people. It's a circle with a stylized spider web on it. It served the same function as a crib toy, catching babies' eyes and keeping them occupied. Are mobiles occult?

Of course not. Why not? Because they came from YOUR culture, instead of MINE?

If you had nightmares, maybe you had not-such-great thoughts going through your head at the time. Who knows?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I make dreamcatchers. They are decoration. Any other meaning is meaning that you give it.

There is nothing occult about them. Occult implies demonic activity. These are cultural items, given a cute story, and sold to tourists. Perhaps once they may have meant something spiritual, but now they don't.

Just because something belongs to a non-anglo saxon heritage does not mean it's occult. Really people. It's a circle with a stylized spider web on it. It served the same function as a crib toy, catching babies' eyes and keeping them occupied. Are mobiles occult?

Of course not. Why not? Because they came from YOUR culture, instead of MINE?

If you had nightmares, maybe you had not-such-great thoughts going through your head at the time. Who knows?

The Kingdom of God is our culture and Heaven is our heritage. Your accusations of racism are unfounded; we are no longer to be conformed to the pattern of this world. The dreamcatcher, whatever its spiritual significance, is certainly symbolic of the spiritual bondage the native american people have been in for thousands of years. It was dreamt up in the mind of demons and created by a people who did not know God and worshiped false idols. This is not something to celebrate or admire or pass on to our children.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Kingdom of God is our culture and Heaven is our heritage. Your accusations of racism are unfounded; we are no longer to be conformed to the pattern of this world. The dreamcatcher, whatever its spiritual significance, is certainly symbolic of the spiritual bondage the native american people have been in for thousands of years. It was dreamt up in the mind of demons and created by a people who did not know God and worshiped false idols. This is not something to celebrate or admire or pass on to our children.

Well jeans came from the greediness and whoredom of the gold rush... so.... Take 'em off.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My wife got a dream catcher a few years ago and although I said they are nonsense (because I didn't know about them),I just thought they were a harmless old Native american thing and it's just an ornament sort of thing.I have since found out that they don't filter out bad dreams at all they are part of the occult and do the opposite to what they claim.My wife also had a thing called a "circle of Raphael" which is supposed to bring angels into your life.I hit the roof when she told me and I told her they were the wrong type of angels! It has a circle and an inner circle with symbols between them which are used in the occult! We gathered all of the stuff together,the stones, crystals, pendant and dream catcher and they went in the bin.I went up to the outside bins with them even though it was 1 am. in the morning.We were not having them in the house a moment longer! If anyone has any of these things I would advise that they get rid of them straight away.

I once heard this pastor talked about this spiritual principle, it goes something like this " where the garbage is, that is where you'll find flies".

I personally would get rid of those things immediately too.

sure, sometimes they may just be symbolic stuffs, but they could also harbour evil spirits.

I have heard this kind of thing happens before.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I suppose it is the idea behind them that makes something objectionable or not. For example- dream catchers are supposed to filter out the bad dreams. The blue evil eye charms are supposed to ward off the evil eye. I'm sure many Greeks feel the same way about their blue evil eye charms as some people of native American heritage feel about their dream catchers. It doesn't make those things Christian though- even if they are cultural. While the intentions are always good- if one has them and puts any stock in them- they are giving power to something other than God. Christians only need their sign of the cross and prayers to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stormdancer0

Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Judging by your standards, we should also not put pictures on the walls (they could be idols), or mirrors (some believers once were afraid that their soul would get trapped in them).

Have you ever heard of a dandelion clock? It's where little kids pick a fluffy dandelion and blow the fuzz off of it. However many times it takes, that's what "dandelion time" it is. Is that evil? No, it's a silly little story that kids say (or used to). Dreamcatchers were NOT dreamed up by demons; they were mobiles and wall hangings. How utterly ridiculous. Do you seriously see a demon around every corner?

The Native Americans did not know the name of Jesus - how could they? However, they worship one God - the Great Spirit (doesn't the Bible say God is Spirit?). They had some non-Christian beliefs, but most of their spiritual beliefs did not have to change much to convert to Christianity. In fact, it was the so-called "Christians" who came over here, and practically destroyed many different cultures in the name of Christianity, when it was in fact greed that fueled them.

I'd be willing to bet that the "savages" who were destroyed by small pox and illegitimate wars were much closer to Jesus' way of life than the whites who destroyed them.

The tribe I am from was a peaceful, loving group of people, who were very spiritual and had many legends that speak of a loving God-man who lived, died, and was resurrected by the Great Spirit, because the God-man was the Great Spirit's true son.

If you cannot have dreamcatchers because of its "pagan" roots, then you can't have Christmas trees, either. Or Mistletoe. Or even celebrate Christmas in December. Oh, and no Easter eggs, no chocolate bunnies. . . .

All of these have pagan roots.

Too much paranoia, not enough sound Theology.

Upvote 0

SayaOtonashi

May 19, 2012
USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Dream Catcher represents several meanings. All of the decorations and materials used to decorate them, all have a special meaning. A single bead in the middle may represent the spider that is on the web. Scattered beads throughout the web may represent good dreams that may have been caught throughout the night. A feather represents a symbol of breath or air which is attached so it hangs from the center of the ring. It is essential for life. A baby watching the air playing with the feather on her cradleboard was entertained while also being given a lesson on the importance of good air.

The Dream Catcher is something that a decoration.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I suppose it is the idea behind them that makes something objectionable or not. For example- dream catchers are supposed to filter out the bad dreams. The blue evil eye charms are supposed to ward off the evil eye. I'm sure many Greeks feel the same way about their blue evil eye charms as some people of native American heritage feel about their dream catchers. It doesn't make those things Christian though- even if they are cultural. While the intentions are always good- if one has them and puts any stock in them- they are giving power to something other than God. Christians only need their sign of the cross and prayers to God.
I agree. If someone has put their faith in a dreamcatcher, they need to get rid of it immediately. They have no power except the power you give them.

However, the error is not in the dreamcatcher, but in the spirit of the person giving that wall hanging power.

A dream catcher is not Christian, nor is it pagan, or occult, or Islamic. It is a circle with a stylized spider web in it. It's a thing, with no power, no strength, and no allegiance. It's just like a picture of your grandmother. If you look at it, it's harmless. If you pray to it, it is an idol.

It's our own actions and attitudes that determine such things.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judging by your standards, we should also not put pictures on the walls (they could be idols), or mirrors (some believers once were afraid that their soul would get trapped in them).

Have you ever heard of a dandelion clock? It's where little kids pick a fluffy dandelion and blow the fuzz off of it. However many times it takes, that's what "dandelion time" it is. Is that evil? No, it's a silly little story that kids say (or used to). Dreamcatchers were NOT dreamed up by demons; they were mobiles and wall hangings. How utterly ridiculous. Do you seriously see a demon around every corner?

The Native Americans did not know the name of Jesus - how could they? However, they worship one God - the Great Spirit (doesn't the Bible say God is Spirit?). They had some non-Christian beliefs, but most of their spiritual beliefs did not have to change much to convert to Christianity. In fact, it was the so-called "Christians" who came over here, and practically destroyed many different cultures in the name of Christianity, when it was in fact greed that fueled them.

I'd be willing to bet that the "savages" who were destroyed by small pox and illegitimate wars were much closer to Jesus' way of life than the whites who destroyed them.

The tribe I am from was a peaceful, loving group of people, who were very spiritual and had many legends that speak of a loving God-man who lived, died, and was resurrected by the Great Spirit, because the God-man was the Great Spirit's true son.

If you cannot have dreamcatchers because of its "pagan" roots, then you can't have Christmas trees, either. Or Mistletoe. Or even celebrate Christmas in December. Oh, and no Easter eggs, no chocolate bunnies. . . .

All of these have pagan roots.

Too much paranoia, not enough sound Theology.

I don't feel like a further pursuit of this topics will be edifying for either of us so I will disengage from this topic. God bless, sister.

Upvote 0