Warning about Dream catchers, Pendants etc.

Martyrs44

Jun 26, 2012
✟8,051.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The bible says "Greater is He that is in me then he that is in the world." If my body is the temple how then can an unclean spirit enter my temple? The only answer for that is if my temple is unclean.

Jesus Christ has power, the devil only can do what he is allowed to do.

How can we be called to heal the sick and cast out demons if we are able to be possesed?

See once you are covered by the blood of the lamb you no longer have to fear certain things. The deeper your relationship gets the stronger your temple is.

How many rooms do you have in that temple?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi. Having been involved in deliverance for 24 of my 29 yrs via our church ministry I've seen quite a few engagements in the supernatural.

To answer some things that have been said here:

1. We need not fear the devil...but fear can come and curses can come if we involve ourselves with idol worship or any act of divination; and yes, devils can harrass and even oppress Christians until they confess such involvement.

By involvement you mean by actually doing the actions. You are not saying someone see's a rock and thinks its pretty and has a pile of crystals sitting in the door way as decorations. Your saying christians that actually practice or attempt to try these acts of divination.

2. Christ has secured our eternal salvation and the defeat of Satan was made by His shed blood and death on the cross but again, if Christians practice sin they will feel the sting of sin and Satan sooner or later. They do not become 'possessed' but they can become 'oppressed', which looks much like the same thing.

Of course but I think that is something very different then what we are talking about now. If a man cheats on his wife and he has nightmares, he becomes addicited to the other woman then that is a direct reaction to his sin...............But the devil trys to oppress christians in other ways are you familar with Job?

3. The battle is not just without...it is within.

II Corinth. 10:4-5

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

So the battle is not always outside of us...it can and often is inside depending on our sinful habits, attitude, or desires.

As always, the Word of God, faith in Christ, and the shed blood of Jesus is sufficient to defeat the enemy and force him to leave us.
The last part is what i've been trying to say.

Upvote 0

Martyrs44

Jun 26, 2012
✟8,051.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Avneil:

By involvement you mean by actually doing the actions. You are not saying someone see's a rock and thinks its pretty and has a pile of crystals sitting in the door way as decorations. Your saying christians that actually practice or attempt to try these acts of divination.

Like what Paul did in Acts 19 when he cast the spirit of divination out of the woman who had psychic ability. I and my helpers in counseling have done that very thing in the power of the Holy Spirit. Please don't regard that as a boast. It is a hard ministry and very difficult to handle emotionally. I'd much rather just preach and teach the Bible.

I know a Christian woman who lives only 15 miles from me who got involved in witchcraft to a small degree. Eventually we cast many violent devils out of her as a result.

Of course but I think that is something very different then what we are talking about now. If a man cheats on his wife and he has nightmares, he becomes addicited to the other woman then that is a direct reaction to his sin...............But the devil trys to oppress christians in other ways are you familar with Job?

Oppression comes in all forms and for many different reasons (sins, curses,etc.) Sometimes it looks like possession, but of course, Christians cannot be owned by devils because they belong to Jesus. In such instances they are only squatters. Nonetheless, confession and repentance of wrong-doing is the only way to get rid of them whether they come in the form of nightmares, obessession, complusions, or a vile attitude.

Best wishes.
images

Upvote 0

KhaosTheory

Oct 27, 2011
✟828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bible says "Greater is He that is in me then he that is in the world." If my body is the temple how then can an unclean spirit enter my temple? The only answer for that is if my temple is unclean.

Jesus Christ has power, the devil only can do what he is allowed to do.

How can we be called to heal the sick and cast out demons if we are able to be possesed?

See once you are covered by the blood of the lamb you no longer have to fear certain things. The deeper your relationship gets the stronger your temple is.

Well that sounds good and all using weak inductive reasoning but we really can't go by just that to determine the truth of anything.

Truth is determined by objective facts and deductive reasoning.

That is, if you do care about what is actually true and what is demonstrably false.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well that sounds good and all using weak inductive reasoning but we really can't go by just that to determine the truth of anything.

Truth is determined by objective facts and deductive reasoning.

That is, if you do care about what is actually true and what is demonstrably false.
And I'm positive that movies where a lot of people are gaining there facts are man made. The fact is to me it seems like some christians on this forum believe more in the occult then the occult does.

I stand firm the occult is a lie, it has no power in my life. I am covered by the blood and filled with the holy ghost. Facts that are objective and deductive reasoning is irrelevant after that. The occult lacks power and fact that I will use to prove this is the fact that Jesus Christ rose from the grave.

Occult, voodoo what ever that has no affect on me. Because like I said is greater is He that is in me then he that is in the world. I'm not worried I'm not scared death, I'm not scared of the dark. My master already beat all that so Im not sorry.

Occult oh no, I don't even care unless it's Jesus Christ name it's not going to move me.

Sorry its not.

Upvote 0

JuanP

Apr 16, 2012
Europe
✟15,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I honestly have had no trouble with dream catchers, they really helped with my nightmares...

however, pendent of angels and things like that, I'd stay away from because you never know if they've been cursed or not. If anything, talk to your wife about it.
Does this apply to "death note" avatars, such as yours?

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Avneil:

Like what Paul did in Acts 19 when he cast the spirit of divination out of the woman who had psychic ability. I and my helpers in counseling have done that very thing in the power of the Holy Spirit. Please don't regard that as a boast. It is a hard ministry and very difficult to handle emotionally. I'd much rather just preach and teach the Bible.

Any Christian can cast out demons and heal the sick. Your not being boastful.

I know a Christian woman who lives only 15 miles from me who got involved in witchcraft to a small degree. Eventually we cast many violent devils out of her as a result.

The bible tells us you can not serve two masters. You can not practice witchcraft and claim Christianity that's impossible. So she probably had a lot of demons inside her. She was communicating with satan, if I communicate with God and recieve the holy spirit thats only common sense that she would be attacked.

Oppression comes in all forms and for many different reasons (sins, curses,etc.) Sometimes it looks like possession, but of course, Christians cannot be owned by devils because they belong to Jesus. In such instances they are only squatters. Nonetheless, confession and repentance of wrong-doing is the only way to get rid of them whether they come in the form of nightmares, obessession, complusions, or a vile attitude.

Squattes. I don't believe I don't think that the devil can dwell in any human body where the holy ghost is. Demons are not that strong and they have no authority over souls that have already been paid for. My soul was bought with blood when Jesus Christ died on the cross.

Best wishes.
images
I found a lot of gaps in your post.

I grew up in the Cogic church I've seen a number of demons being casted out. Even now I go to minister in a project building, have you ever been some where or some place and you feel the devils pressences. It's this gut feeling really hard to explain but anyway. I go to four project buildings to minister and one of these buildings I can feel the devil in the building. But I have to go there every week to give people the message of Christ. Do you know how many occult items I have seen, or how many obeah(what jamaican people call voodoo) doers are in that project building?

Do you even think I want to be in that particular project building. No but I have to and I can't be scared......because God called me to do this work. What comforts me is the fact that the devil has no power in the projects and he's gonna leave.

In particular there is this one older jamaican woman and she hands out old fruit and leaves it by peoples doors. She has lambs blood outside her door, I feel evil coming off of her. When ever I go to the project she is always the first person I see. This lady who lives next to the lady her baby got sick and I believe it was because of the old woman. I took at my holy oil and poured it on the baby's head and began to pray took the baby and his mother to my old church and had the entire church pray for the child. The child got better by the next day.

I am not saying these things are not real what I am saying is we as christians can tell satan to leave and he's gonna go.

Upvote 0

Martyrs44

Jun 26, 2012
✟8,051.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I found a lot of gaps in your post.

I grew up in the Cogic church I've seen a number of demons being casted out. Even now I go to minister in a project building, have you ever been some where or some place and you feel the devils pressences. It's this gut feeling really hard to explain but anyway. I go to four project buildings to minister and one of these buildings I can feel the devil in the building. But I have to go there every week to give people the message of Christ. Do you know how many occult items I have seen, or how many obeah(what jamaican people call voodoo) doers are in that project building?

Do you even think I want to be in that particular project building. No but I have to and I can't be scared......because God called me to do this work. What comforts me is the fact that the devil has no power in the projects and he's gonna leave.

In particular there is this one older jamaican woman and she hands out old fruit and leaves it by peoples doors. She has lambs blood outside her door, I feel evil coming off of her. When ever I go to the project she is always the first person I see. This lady who lives next to the lady her baby got sick and I believe it was because of the old woman. I took at my holy oil and poured it on the baby's head and began to pray took the baby and his mother to my old church and had the entire church pray for the child. The child got better by the next day.

I am not saying these things are not real what I am saying is we as christians can tell satan to leave and he's gonna go.

I found a gap in your post:

Satan & his devils will go all right..........if the person one is dealing with is tender hearted enough to repent and confess their sin. If not, the devils ain't going anywhere.;)

Babies, however, are another ball game. We've prayed for them too with real results. Perhpas then we don't disagree on this.

Upvote 0

Humble Pie

Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
✟18,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's still witchcraft. You need to throw them away and repent.

lol I'll just say you guys are panicing over a few rocks. I'm not a witch or practicing witch craft, nor do I have psychi abilities. I'm not interested in gazing into a crystal ball, it's creepy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyrs44

Jun 26, 2012
✟8,051.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The bible tells us you can not serve two masters. You can not practice witchcraft and claim Christianity that's impossible. So she probably had a lot of demons inside her. She was communicating with satan, if I communicate with God and recieve the holy spirit thats only common sense that she would be attacked.

I think I answered that adequately so I won't take it further here.

Squatters. I don't believe I don't think that the devil can dwell in any human body where the holy ghost is. Demons are not that strong and they have no authority over souls that have already been paid for. My soul was bought with blood when Jesus Christ died on the cross.

Devils can and do invade the body/building/temple of believers in Jesus Christ if they deliberately sin against the Lord. Acts 5: 1-5. Satan filled the hearts of those who tried to rob God. Ephesians 4:27 warns believers to give no place (i.e. 'room' Greek - Topos) to the devil. Why would Paul give the warning if it is not possible in the first place? II Corinth. 10:4-5 nails it. The devil can and does build demonic strongholds when believers have unconfessed sin and/or wrong desires and/or attitudes not pleasing to God.

Your position is in error on this matter. I have counseled hundreds of people over the last 23 years and cast manifesting devils out of them in the name of Jesus. Almost all of them were Christians including two of my own children when they were teenagers years ago. I managed to get that video recorded and I assure you they were not pretending.

Upvote 0

Humble Pie

Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
✟18,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have counseled hundreds of people over the last 23 years and cast manifesting devils out of them in the name of Jesus. Almost all of them were Christians including two of my own children when they were teenagers years ago. I managed to get that video recorded and I assure you they were not pretending.

Listen to yourself, you sound like a nut case.^_^

Upvote 0

teamor

Jul 21, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My wife got a dream catcher a few years ago and although I said they are nonsense (because I didn't know about them),I just thought they were a harmless old Native american thing and it's just an ornament sort of thing.I have since found out that they don't filter out bad dreams at all they are part of the occult and do the opposite to what they claim.My wife also had a thing called a "circle of Raphael" which is supposed to bring angels into your life.I hit the roof when she told me and I told her they were the wrong type of angels! It has a circle and an inner circle with symbols between them which are used in the occult! We gathered all of the stuff together,the stones, crystals, pendant and dream catcher and they went in the bin.I went up to the outside bins with them even though it was 1 am. in the morning.We were not having them in the house a moment longer! If anyone has any of these things I would advise that they get rid of them straight away.
why on earth, what is you fear?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,066.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These Scriptures might be of interest:
Deut 7:5 "But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.
6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

The first verses of 1 Samuel 5 are about two inanimate objects. "And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod. 2 When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon. 3 And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the Lord. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again. 4 And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the Lord; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him. 5 Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day. 6 But the hand of the Lord was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof. 7 And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god."

What they did with objects once they became believers:
Acts 19:18 "And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds. 19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You will be ignored from now on.

I have not only my own children who can testify to the truth of this and witnesses, I video recorded it.

I concur with Humble Pie on this. Your children, raised in a Christian home, were possessed by demons? Doesn't seem like you need any demonic artifacts in your home, if that's true.

I do believe in demonic possession, and since all Christians are not saved, they may not all be protected. However, having more than one child in your own home become possessed? What are the chances of that? I don't believe it. Your home is likely infested by nothing other than superstition.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has ANYONE watched the video by the former satanist that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts?
I have NO doubts about the power of Christ over demons and the guy in the youtube video tells of a demon he sent to mess a Christian lady about and it came back and said "don't you ever send me to a Christian again!" It was very angry at being sent there because she was protected by the blood of Jesus. But if we have others in our home who are not saved,they are vulnerable so out the garbage goes!
As for wearing pendants,even if they didn't have demons in them,by wearing them are we not sending out conflicting statements about our witness?
Youtube video ;"Former Satanist shows everyday occultism" (I can't link yet,sorry. The speaker is a big guy in a black suit)

Former Satanist shows everyday occultism. - YouTube

Upvote 0

Martyrs44

Jun 26, 2012
✟8,051.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I concur with Humble Pie on this. Your children, raised in a Christian home, were possessed by demons? Doesn't seem like you need any demonic artifacts in your home, if that's true.

The scriptures do not concur with 'Humble' Pie. Acts 5:1-5.

There are no demonic artifacts in our home and never have been. We destroy all such objects.

I do believe in demonic possession, and since all Christians are not saved, they may not all be protected. However, having more than one child in your own home become possessed? What are the chances of that? I don't believe it. Your home is likely infested by nothing other than superstition.

I will try to be polite but the truth is you don't read carefully. I didn't say they were 'possessed'. But they were demonized and in the power of Christ those devils were removed from their lives according to II Corinthians 10:4-5.

Please read those passage before giving a reply.

Upvote 0