Warning about Dream catchers, Pendants etc.

alive2Christ

Apr 20, 2012
✟23,798.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My wife got a dream catcher a few years ago and although I said they are nonsense (because I didn't know about them),I just thought they were a harmless old Native american thing and it's just an ornament sort of thing.I have since found out that they don't filter out bad dreams at all they are part of the occult and do the opposite to what they claim.My wife also had a thing called a "circle of Raphael" which is supposed to bring angels into your life.I hit the roof when she told me and I told her they were the wrong type of angels! It has a circle and an inner circle with symbols between them which are used in the occult! We gathered all of the stuff together,the stones, crystals, pendant and dream catcher and they went in the bin.I went up to the outside bins with them even though it was 1 am. in the morning.We were not having them in the house a moment longer! If anyone has any of these things I would advise that they get rid of them straight away.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure it is important not to put our faith in man made items, especially if they are associated with the occult. But having said that I must ask this question. Who do you think has more power, God or whatever "power" is behind this occult?

My point being here is if she only has these things as a piece of decoration, I don't see a problem with it, but if this thing is causing her to walk away from God, then I would strongly recommend getting rid of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: huffy
Upvote 0

gabrielListens

eagles fly alone
Apr 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Calif.
✟17,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Someone once gave me a dreamcatcher as a gift and I figured it was harmless and I liked how it looked as an ornament so I hung it off a shelf in my bedroom. The next few nights I had these horrible nightmares and wondered what was happening. Then I remembered the dreamcatcher and I got rid of it. The nightmares stopped!

Another thing to be warned about are the hawaiian tiki things. I'm not sure what they are called but they are usually little trinkets made of stone or plastic carved into the image of a hawaiian god or spirit, sort of like the carved faces on a totem pole. I got one of these as a present and decided to keep it in my car. Just a few days after I had it in my car I was on the freeway, there were no other cars around except the one in the next lane ahead of me. Suddenly, a speeding car violently came up behind that car and cut me off nearly giving me a heart attack. There was hardly enough room for him to squeeze between us and he did it at an incredibly fast speed. I would bet that it was a stolen car, especially since this happened in los angeles. Anyway, I had never been spooked that bad in my car even after commuting in rush hour traffic for years. As I wondered why it happened, my eyes fixed on that black stone hawaiian "good luck charm" that was sitting on my console and immediately felt that it was the reason. I got rid of it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's just a decoration. Whatever meaning is put into it is purely based on the meaning you assign it and no one else.

That's not what (many) natives believe and since they are the ones who traditionally made them I'd be inclined to listen to them in regards to what they are and are not. No offence meant just pointing out that assigning meaning to something doesn't make it anything other than what it was created to be.

None of the daughters of Israel shall be a cult prostitute, nor shall any of the sons of Israel be a cult prostitute. - Deut 23:17
Watch yourself that you make no covenant with the inhabitants of the land into which you are going, or it will become a snare in your midst. But rather, you are to tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and cut down their Asherim - for you shall not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God - Exodus 34:12-14

• Agree
Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Some people just like to collect items from other nations. It's rather a bit of a hobby. But I agree with the OP, I do not want these things in my home either. Keeping such things in my home is not harmless, it is housing the things of the devil - literally. It may sound extreme, but it is a big deal. I know many times it's done out of ignorance. This is why spiritual discernment is necessary. One of the reasons I think Paul told us move on from the elementary things, there's so much more to learn, but we're usually stuck in the same old elementary things so we're oblivious to things like this.

• Agree
Upvote 0

alive2Christ

Apr 20, 2012
✟23,798.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
These things are charged with demon power especially the pendants.People go to countries and bring back little dolls,masks etc and put them on their walls not knowing they are bringing demons into their homes.I know that demons can't stand against the power of God but I still can't have them in the house especially the pendant.
On youtube, look up "Former Satanist shows everyday occultism"
it's an eye opener.Among other things,he explains how inanimate objects can have demons.But he also reminds us of the power of the blood of Christ!

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I honestly have had no trouble with dream catchers, they really helped with my nightmares...

however, pendent of angels and things like that, I'd stay away from because you never know if they've been cursed or not. If anything, talk to your wife about it.

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many times schools let kids learn about Jesus... they will do santa, christmas trees, witch costumes and dream catchers...but they'd never allow anything that actually has to do with Jesus... interesting logic huh? every other religion (especially paganism) is practiced but not Jesus! Somehow Jesus isnt harmless... But everything else is... gotta love perversion.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
We have dreamcatchers in our home as well. They are a part of my Native American heritage and we only see them as decorations within our home.

We give them no special powers and do not believe that they will take nightmares away. Our trust is in Jesus alone, not anything that we call a decoration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
I wonder how many times schools let kids learn about Jesus... they will do santa, christmas trees, witch costumes and dream catchers...but they'd never allow anything that actually has to do with Jesus... interesting logic huh? every other religion (especially paganism) is practiced but not Jesus! Somehow Jesus isnt harmless... But everything else is... gotta love perversion.

Um, none of the things you have listed are religious.

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Um, none of the things you have listed are religious.

Actually, you'd be surprised if you did research. But that's another debate for another time I guess. They may call it secular or non-religious, but the roots of it are not. They are very much religious.

Upvote 0

May 9, 2012
✟8,250.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The thing about symbology, numerology, occultism, and mysticism is that they seem benign on the surface, but they are spiritually malevolent. The people that use these items for gain [believe they] know how to manipulate the "latent" energies in these objects. But, the key idea is that there is a latency about these objects. Having them around may bring subtle malign changes in one's life that are initially not perceivable.

The power of God is greater than the power of darkness, but you can be in for a rough time if you are exposed to things that are used for biblical witchcraft. No need to tempt yourself with exposure.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Actually, you'd be surprised if you did research. But that's another debate for another time I guess. They may call it secular or non-religious, but the roots of it are not. They are very much religious.

You have multiple people here telling you that they have dreamcatchers which are nothing more than artwork. Kinda like how I have little brass Buddha figurines from a great-aunt who lived in China serving as bookends.

Upvote 0