Married
Politics
US-Republican
INDIA'S STAND ON ISRAEL AND IRAN IS..
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
India, Iran finalize rupee as trade currency
Tehran Times - 12 December, 2012
Home Page - Gulf in the Media

The Indian rupee has been made the official currency for trading between India and Iran. It has also been decided that UCO Bank will be the official bank for transactions.

Following this conclusion after a long debate, Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council of India (Pharmexcil) is organising a business delegation trip to Tehran from December 17-19, 2012 in order to boost pharma exports between the two countries.

The total pharma market in Iran is $ 3.2 billion, divided between generics (contributing $ 1.78 billion), patented drugs ($ 1.13 billion) and OTC drugs ($ 0.36 billion).

Commenting on this latest development, Dr PV Appaji, Executive Director, Pharmexcil said, “The Government of India is keen on improving pharma exports to Iran. After a long debate, both the countries have agreed that rupees is going to be the official currency for trading purpose. India imports huge quantities of oil from Iran and the Government of India is thus trying to balance trade between both the countries.”

-- IMRA - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 India, Iran finalize rupee as trade currency

Wednesday, December 12, 2012
India, Israel May Work Together on More Weapons
Dec. 12, 2012 - 04:43PM By VIVEK RAGHUVANSHI Defense News
India, Israel May Work Together on More Weapons | Defense News | defensenews.com

NEW DELHI — India and Israel are discussing broader cooperation in joint weapon development, with India also seeking to purchase and produce the Iron Dome short-range surface-to-air missile defense system.

Indian Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma and the visiting director general of Israel’s Defense Ministry, Maj. Gen. Udi Shani, discussed the pace of weapon projects being developed jointly and possible new programs during talks on Dec. 3-4.

Israeli diplomats in India and Israeli government and industry officials declined to comment on the issue.

Apart from ongoing medium-range and long-range ballistic missile programs, which cost a combined $2 billion, the two countries are building a variety of missiles, including a ground-to-ground land attack missile. That missile is publicly described as a project of India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), but it is actually a joint effort with Israel, according to sources.

Increasing the range of the land attack missile from 1,000 to 3,000 kilometers also was discussed, the source added.

-- IMRA - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 India, Israel May Work Together on More Weapons

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ROME AND AMERICA: PARALLELS

I have repeatedly described the West European nations, and their derivatives in America, Australia and elsewhere, as the "Resurrected Rome". This, of course, is based on prophecies in Daniel and Revelation, especially one passage in Revelation that explicitly compares the geography of the cryptic "Babylon" with that of ancient Rome:

Rev 17

[8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
[9] And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
[10] And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
[11] And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

In the time of John the Revelator (about 95 AD), few cities in the world were anywhere near as extensive as Rome (Jerusalem was only about half a mile across, whereas Rome was several miles across); and I doubt that even among these larger cities, there were any that encompassed seven notable hills. The identification of Babylon's seat with Rome, then, can be taken as a given.

Many have identified this "Babylon" with the Christian Church, since Rome is the seat of its most prominent bishop, the Pope. This may or may not be the case. One thing is for sure, "Babylon" was identified as a major center of commerce:

Rev 18
[7] How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
[8] Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
[9] And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
[10] Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
[11] And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
[12] The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
[13] And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
[14] And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
[15] The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
[16] And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
[17] For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
[18] And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

I am still trying to work out exactly who the modern "Babylon" is; but there can be no doubt that ROME, the City of Seven Hills, was meant not as a city but as an empire -- else, how could those seven "kings" have been identified with her, if the kings themselves represented ancient empires? One Catholic interpretation I read, as a young man, described those kings as individual Roman Emperors; but this interpretation does not fit into the time frame of John's prophecy: Rome did not fall during the time of John, nor in the time of the Emperor who came after him; the prophecy was for the end times, and the "kings" represented kingdoms.

The beast the woman Babylon sat on, therefore, is Western European civilization. That being the case, the great wealth spoken of is probably not that of the clergy of the Church of Rome. The wealth of the world today is not held to any great extent by the church, when compared to the merchandise that is PRIVATELY OWNED by middle-class Americans, Europeans and Australians, most of them self-identifying as Christians. The sudden collapse of "Babylon", then, MAY speak of a coming, sudden, economic collapse of the Western economies: that is certainly a distinct possibility in the foreseeable future.

Having thus identified America with ancient Rome, it is instructive to look for parallels between the two societies in their imperial heyday. The excerpt below describes Rome as having problems very similar to what we have today. If "sub-minimum-wage immigrants" is substituted for "slaves", the identification should be obvious:

Circus%20Maximus%20Model.jpg

The Circus Maximus, Ancient Rome
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Slavery in Ancient Rome: Moral and Social Effects. Emancipation.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]

Of the moral influences of slavery we have already spoken. In the particular case of Rome it cannot be doubted that it largely contributed to the impurities which disgraced private life, as seen in the pages of Juvenal, Martial, and Petronius. It is shocking to observe the tone in which Horace, so characterized by geniality and bonhomie, speaks of the subjection of slaves to the brutal passions of their masters (Sat., i. 2, 116). The hardening effect of the system appears perhaps most strikingly in the barbarous spectacles of the amphitheatre, in which even women took pleasure and joined in condemning the gladiator who did not by his desperate courage satisfy the demands of a sanguinary mob. It led, further, to a contempt for industry, even agriculture being no longer held in esteem ("quum sit publice accepta et confirmata jam vulgaris existimatio, rem rusticam sordidum opus," Col., i., praef. 20). The existence of slavery, degrading free labour while competing with freemen for urban employment, multiplied the idle and worthless population of Rome, who sought only "panem et circenses."
[/FONT]

-- Slavery in Ancient Rome: Moral and Social Effects. Emancipation.
PS Note that even though we do not have live (and dead) gladiatorial competitions in our sports arenas, we have ample visual gratification along these lines on the internet and in our theaters. The "bread lines", of course, resemble our current Nanny State. Note also the disintegration of morals and the assault on the traditional family, which are with us today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CLOSE CALL WITH WAR IN IRAQ; TURKEY LURKEY

state6706.jpg

Iraq and Kurdistan agree to eventually withdraw forces from disputed areas 14.12.2012
Photo: Reuters
Iraq's president says Baghdad, Kurds agree to eventually withdraw forces from disputed areas

December 14, 2012

ERBIL/BAGHDAD,— Iraq's government and autonomous Kurdistan on Thursday agreed to defuse a tense standoff between their troops by gradually withdrawing them from disputed territories along their internal border.

Baghdad's Arab-led central government and Kurdistan, embroiled in a dispute over oil and land, both dispatched troops last month in the second military build-up to threaten the country's fragile unity since U.S. troops left a year ago.

A statement from Iraq's President Jalal Talabani, a Kurd who has mediated in past political disputes, said both regions would withdraw troops once local police took over security in disputed areas, helped by local organizations representing ethnic groups.

"Security in these areas will be controlled and run locally by people there as well as local police. After the formation of these local groups, troops will be withdrawn," Prime Minister Nuri al Maliki's media advisor Ali al-Moussawi said.

The agreement calls for both sides to eventually withdraw their military forces from disputed areas in Iraq's north, though there is no timetable for how soon the drawdown might take place...

-- Iraq and Kurdistan agree to eventually withdraw forces from disputed areas
The Kurds appear out-gunned by the American-equipped Iraqis, but these Kurds have the Turks on their side.

Try as they may to keep out of trouble, the Turks seem poised on one flashpoint after another. Here's a list:

1. Greece. Turkey has a dispute with Greece over some Aegean Sea islands, which both claim. Both countries have conflicting interests in Cyprus, as well, and Greece has blocked Turkish integration into Europe because of these disagreeements

2. Cyprus. Turkey has occupied the northern half of the island for several decades, having invaded shortly after the British quit the island. They are trying to impose a "two-state solution" on the Cypriots, who in turn want to unite with Greece. The discovery of large natural gas deposits in Cypriot waters has exacerbated the situation; and, as with similar Israeli deposits, Turkish ships and aircraft have tried to interfere with exploration and drilling

3. Israel. Besides the above-mentioned problem over Israel's enormous gas fields offshore, the Turks have taken upon themselves to interfere in Israel's conflict with Gaza. When Turkish terrorists attempted to break the Israeli naval arms embargo around Gaza, nine Turks were killed in the skirmish. Turkey has insisted that Israel apologize for this incident that Turkey provoked, calling the matter a "cause for war".

4. Syria. Turkey is sheltering tens of thousands of Syrian refugees, as well as providing staging, training and R&R areas for anti-government forces in Syria. There have been several air and artillery exchanges with the Syrians over the past several months. The government of Syria has also given shelter to anti-Turkish Kurdish militiamen. The situation has been escalating towards open conflict, though neither side seems to want this.

5. Iraq. The Kurds again: Turkey has friendly relations with the Barzani faction that controls the Kurdish Autonomous area, and they have de facto committed themselves to protecting them from Iraqi government forces. Tanks and troops from both sides have been confronting each other, locked and loaded, for weeks, and are currently trying to disengage from each other.

6. Iran. The Iranians support the Assad government in Syria, and Turkey supports the rebels. Iran has also threatened to attack Turkey, if Turkey attacks Syria; and Iran considers the pending deployment of Patriot missile batteries to Turkey as a provocation.

7. the Kurds of Turkey. They have been fighting for their rights for decades now, supported by PKK guerillas operation out of Iraq and Syria. The Turks have been holding the head of the PKK in prison, so there's no hint of peace on that front until they release him.

8. Armenia. Turkey insists on denying a genocide against the Armenians 100 years ago, and refuses to have friendly relations with that country unless they deny what happened. You may have noticed by now, that the Turks have a problem with pride and stubbornness.

9. Russia. Russia has friendly with the Armenians, Iranians and President Assad of Syria. They are also a historic enemy of the Turks, largely because the Russians would like to have control of the Bosporus (a waterway through Turkey, that links the Black and Aegean Seas).

10. Bulgaria. The Bulgarians are bending over backwards to get along with the Turks, and have denied the Armenian genocide in order to please them.

11. Georgia. has a free-trade agreement with Turkey

That makes 2 friends and 9 potential enemies among Turkey's neighbors -- and this, while Turkey's STATED policy is that it wants to get along with all its neighbors! If I were a betting man, I would put up quite a sum, saying that Turkey will be involved in a major war in the region within five years.

BarnesReader06.JPG

"Turkey Lurkey! Turkey Lurkey! The sky is falling!"

So they went along and went along until they met Turkey Lurkey
“Good morning, Goosey Loosey, Ducky Daddles, Cocky Locky, Henny Penny, and Chicken Licken,” said Turkey Lurkey, “where are you going?”
“Oh, Turkey Lurkey, the sky is falling and we are going to tell the King!”
“How do you know the sky is falling?” asked Turkey Lurkey.
“Ducky Daddles told me,” said Goosey Loosey.
“Cocky Locky told me,” said Ducky Daddles.
“Henny Penny told me,” said Cocky Locky.
“Chicken Licken told me,” said Henny Penny
“I saw it with my own eyes, I heard it with my own ears, and a piece of it fell on my tail!” said Chicken Licken.
“Then I will go with you,” said Turkey Lurkey, “and we will tell the King!”

-- Light and Shade: Turkey Lurkey Times Two

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
INDIA'S STAND ON ISRAEL AND IRAN IS..

I remember reading that India is the most pro-Israeli country in the world. Both have the threat of Islamic extremism and both have disputed regions (ie the Palestinian Territories and Kashmir).

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I remember reading that India is the most pro-Israeli country in the world. Both have the threat of Islamic extremism and both have disputed regions (ie the Palestinian Territories and Kashmir).
They do have those things in common, Supreme; but that just makes them part of a big club, with:

1. Israel (dispute over Judea, Samaria, Aza and Golan)
2. India (disputes over Kashmir and Western Assam)
3. Russia (dispute over Chechnya, etc.; violence in Kazan)
4. Bosnia Herzegovina (country split along religious lines)
5. Serbia (dispute over Kosovo)
6. Armenia (dispute over Nagorno-Karabakh)
7. China (dispute over Xinjiang)
8. Philippines (dispute over Mindanao)
9. East Timor (suffered atrocities by Muslims when ruled by Indonesia)
10. Thailand (dispute over Pattani-Narathiwat-Yala)
11. Myanmar (dispute in Northern Rakhine)
12. South Sudan (dispute over the Nuba Hills district)
13. Tanzania (bombing and tension in Dar es Salaam)
14. Kenya (beheading and violence among Somalis)
15. Uganda (vivid memories of Idi Amin; ADF insurgency)
16. D.R. Congo (Alliance of Democratic Forces (ADF) insurgency)
17. Nigeria (disputes in states throughout the North)
18. Côte d'Ivoire (war between Christians and Mandingo Muslims)
19. Liberia (civil war involving Mandingo Muslims)
20. France (riots and terrorist attacks involving Muslims)
21. UK (riots and terrorist attacks involving Muslims)
22. Cyprus (continuing Turkish Muslim occupation of the north)

It seems the Muslims have been having trouble with Communists, Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews and fellow Muslims. If that were enough to make a country ally with Israel, Israel would have no end of friends. Most of those countries continue to vote against Israel in the UN, though. India wants advanced Israeli weapons; that's about it. Beyond that, I'm not aware of a gushing friendship. India continues to trade with Israel's enemy Iran, flouting international sanctions.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Violent clashes in Alexandria eve of Egyptian referendum
DEBKAfile December 14, 2012, 7:05 PM (GMT+02:00)
Violent demonstrations for and against the constitution erupted in the Egyptian town of Alexandria the night before it is put to referendum Saturday. Rival crowds attacked each other with sticks, bottle bombs and rocks, setting shops and cars on fire. The referendum in Cairo and Alexandria takes place in two rounds because too few judges agreed to act as monitors. Ninety percent of the judiciary refused to cooperate with President Mohamed Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhoods to allow the controversial constitution to go through. The Egyptian military has deployed 120,000 troops to maintain order.
This will not be considered as a legitimate referendum This is just good old "Single Party" rule -- no matter how many "partylets" the Muslim Brotherhood is divided into for international consumption. I believe the dictatorship has begun, and so has the opposition. In the end, the Mursi government is toast. The only question, is how many people will suffer before it burns.

2013 is just around the corner. I do not pretend to know what will happen during that year; but I would not be surprised to see vestiges of failed states [§] (possibly physically in ruin) in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Egypt before 2014 rolls around. Nor would I be at all surprised, to see one or all of those countries occupied by foreign troops.

[§] None of these countries, otherwise mentioned throughout the Old Testament, are mentioned as even existing in Ezekiel 38

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SURPRAIZE, SURPRAIZE! IRAN HAS WEAPONS-GRADE NUKE MATERIAL!

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE!
US-Iranian nuclear talks fail. Iran has plutonium for 24 Nagasaki-type bombs
DEBKAfile Special Report December 15, 2012, 12:03 PM (GMT+02:00)
fatman.jpg

Fatman: Implosion-type nuke
Tehran refuses to discontinue 20-percent uranium enrichment. Either Washington accepts this or “the game is over” – says Iran, in reference to the secret talks launched in Lausanne on Dec. 1. debkafile: Iran is cool on talks since finding it can extract 100 kilos of weapons-grade uranium from the fuel rods removed from the Bushehr reactor in October. This is enough for 24 plutonium bombs - each equal to the WWII bomb dropped on Nagasaki. The US and Israel are ignoring this breakthrough...

debkafile’s military and intelligence sources note that if this disclosure represents the true state of Iran’s nuclear program, the game really is over. The diplomacy-cum-sanctions policy pursued by the West to force Iran to abandon enrichment and shut down its underground facility in Fordo has become irrelevant. So, too, have the red lines Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu drew so graphically before the UN Assembly on September 27.

What Mostafa Dolatyar was saying in effect is that Iran has outplayed its adversaries up to the game’s finishing line.

-- US-Iranian nuclear talks fail. Iran has plutonium for 24 Nagasaki-type bombs
Well over a year ago, Iran was carrying out experiments with an implosion device. It was the implosion device that had to be tested at Los Alamos, in order to be sure it would work when dropped on Nagasaki. Uranium-235-based bombs can be triggered with a "gun" device, such as that used in the Hiroshima bomb. This was considered more fail-proof than the brand-new implosion device; so that bomb ("Little Boy") was dropped on Hiroshima without prior testing.

Iran may want to test a plutonium bomb before using it on Israel. Maybe that's why the Americans and Israelis are asleep.

3934693386_7fee74117c.jpg

SLEEP! YOU MUST SLEEP!

When America and Israel wake up from their trance, they will find that they have no option but to bomb Iran -- possibly with nuclear weapons (or get bombed themselves).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hungarian MP detained for burning Israeli flag

By JPOST.COM STAFF
12/15/2012 13:06
Balazs Lenhardt participated in an anti-Semitic event where demonstrators shouted "Filthy Jews," "to Auschwitz with you all."

ShowImage.ashx

Photo: Bernadett Szabo/Reuters

Independent parliamentarian Balazs Lenhardt was detained by Budapest police on Friday evening for burning an Israeli flag at an anti-Zionist demonstration in the Hungarian capital, Hungarian daily Politics reported.
A hundred demonstrators participated in the event organized by the Guardians of Carpathian Homeland Movement and the Guard Federation held in front of the Hungarian Foreign Ministry, according to Politics.

Demonstrators shouted anti-Semitic slogans like "Filthy Jews" and "To Auschwitz With You All."

-- Hungarian MP detained for b... JPost - Jewish World - Jewish News
Where's the "Antizionism is not Antisemitism" crowd when we need them?

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Note that the following is a "working meeting", at Turkey's invitation, and that the US is not invited. As I have said many times, Turkey wants to align itself with Iran, regardless of NATO membership as soon as possible. This will probably happen after the fall of Syrian President Assad, whom Iran supports. This will pave the way for the Ezekiel 38 coalition (which does not involve NATO)
Ahmadinejad to visit Konya for talks with Erdoğan
14 December 2012 / TODAY'S ZAMAN, ANKARA

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is scheduled to come to Turkey for a working visit on Monday to have talks with Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

The Iranian president, coming to Turkey upon Erdoğan's invitation, is expected to arrive directly in Konya on the occasion of Şeb-i Arus (Night of Reunion) on Monday, according to information from Iranian diplomatic sources.

Erdoğan and Ahmadinejad's last meeting was in mid-October in Azerbaijan on the occasion of a meeting of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO), an intergovernmental regional organization involving seven Asian and three Eurasian nations of which both Turkey and Iran are members.

-- Ahmadinejad to visit Konya for talks with ErdoÄŸan
NOTE: Turkey has also been drawing closer to Russia. Russia is currently the second largest trade partner of Turkey after Germany. Moreover, 3.5 million Russian tourists have visited Turkey in 2012. Turkey and Russia both, according to a recent poll, see relations with Asian countries as more important than those with the US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
iran can also get enough weapons grade uranium from those used fuel rods to make a few bombs. like the plutonium all it has to do is extract it. would be a close race to see which process would take longer.
In either case, Netanyahu's "red line" drawing is irrelevent:

RED LINE

SHOULD BE THIS

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HISTORY OF FAVORABLE RUSSIAN-ISRAELI RELATIONS:

I. 1947-1955
From late 1944, Joseph Stalin adopted a pro-Zionist foreign policy, apparently believing that the new country would be socialist and would speed the decline of British influence in the Middle East.[1] Accordingly, in November 1947, the Soviet Union, together with the other Soviet bloc countries voted in favor of the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine,[2] which paved the way for the creation of the State of Israel. On May 17, 1948, three days after Israel declared its independence, the Soviet Union officially granted de jure recognition of Israel,[3] becoming only the second country to recognise the Jewish state (preceded only by the United States' de facto recognition) and the first country to grant Israel de jure recognition.

Golda Meir was appointed Israel's minister plenipotentiary to the Soviet Union, with her term beginning on 2 September 1948 and ending in March, 1949.[4] During her brief stint in the USSR, Meir attended Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services at the Moscow Choral Synagogue.[5]

In addition to the diplomatic support, arms from Czechoslovakia, part of the Soviet bloc, were crucial to Israel in the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. During the war, the Soviet Union supported Israel when it was attacked by Arab countries that opposed the 1947 United Nations General Assembly resolution for the partition of Palestine into a Jewish and an Arab state.

A major episode in the Soviet relation to the Arab–Israeli conflict was the Suez crisis, with Egypt negotiating an arms deal with communist Czechoslovakia in September 1955, thereby ending Egypt's reliance on Western arms. [This coincided with the Russian-Israeli friendship.]

II. 2010-Present
On 6 September 2010, Russia and Israel signed a five year military agreement.[13][14] In October 2010, Israeli Aerospace Industries signed a $400 million agreement to sell UAVs to Russia. The drones will be assembled in Russia.

-- Israel–Russia relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

June 26, 2012 There is little conflict between Russia's and Israel's interests because neither country is nearly as powerful as it would like to be in the region. Russia has some options but nothing like it had during the Cold War. Israel has little influence in the outcome in Syria or in Egypt.

-- Putin's Visit and Israeli-Russian Relations | Stratfor

July 13, 2012 Israel is developing its natural gas reserves off its Mediterranean coast, and the gas should start flowing in 2013. This is fortunate for Israel because, following the ouster of Hosni Mubarak, Egypt has ceased to supply Israel with natural gas via the pipeline through the Sinai Peninsula. Moscow has an interest here, as well. Russia’s mammoth state-owned natural gas company, Gazprom, has offered to help Israel in developing this energy source. Although current estimates of Israel’s proven reserves of natural gas are not that high, they could grow, making Israel a competitor with Russia for sales of the fuel to Europe. Putin sees a quid pro quo. The main obstacle to Israel moving forward with this natural gas venture is diplomatic, not technological, as the sea border between Israel and Greece is being disputed by Turkey, which might hold up the operation. What then might come out of the discussions with Gazprom is an informal agreement under which Israel would not sell natural gas to Europe, and under which Russia would help develop the natural gas in the disputed area.

Like the rest of this strange new relationship, if all goes well, both sides expect to win.

-- Israel and Russia Make Odd Couple – Forward.com

Iran’s S-300 lawsuit against Russia may backfire

December 13, 2012 by Dmitry Gorenburg

I’m resuming posting briefs I write for Oxford Analytica. This one was published in early September.

In July, news broke that Iran had filed an arbitration case in Geneva seeking a 4 billion dollar fine against Russia for cancelling its contract to sell S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems to Iran. There has been speculation that the claim is actually part of a move by the two sides to restore the contract, perhaps as part of a larger deal that would have Russia resume significant military sales to Iran. In fact, Tehran’s move has angered Moscow.
Impact

o The presence of the S-300 systems would make Iranian nuclear installations much less vulnerable to attack by Israeli or Western forces.

o The situation complicates Russia’s relations with Iran, and makes it harder for Moscow to maintain ambiguity on Iran’s nuclear programme.

o It is possible that Moscow has already threatened, in private, to cease UN Security Council vetoes of anti-Iranian resolutions.

o If it moves forward, the case in Geneva is likely to be decided in favour of Russia.
What next

Tehran’s lawsuit may result in at least a temporary cooling of Russian-Iranian relations and a corresponding opportunity to increase international pressure on Iran over its nuclear programme. Russia is less likely than ever to resume sales of weapons to Iran in a situation where such a move would be seen as caving in to Iranian pressure. Instead, Moscow will seek to pressure Tehran to withdraw the claim without preconditions, and may publicly threaten to stop vetoing anti-Iranian resolutions in the UN Security Council if Tehran does not comply.
Analysis

The contract to sell five S-300PMU-1 battalions to Iran for 800 million dollars was originally signed in December 2007. The Russian government promptly became subject to a great deal of private and public lobbying by Israel, the United States and other Western countries that sought to have the deal cancelled.
Russia reverses its decision

Although the Russian government has resisted Western pressure for several years, it decided to cancel the contract in September 2010. Soon after the passage of UN Security Council Resolution 1929, which imposed sanctions banning the sale of most missile systems to Iran, then-President Dmitry Medvedev went further by announcing that Russia would stop virtually all military exports to Iran. The Russian government then returned the 167 million dollar advance it had received from Iran for the missiles. The units themselves were disassembled. The total losses to Russian arms exporters as a result of the freeze on military sales to Iran could be as a high as 1 billion dollars per year...

Israeli UAVs that were purchased in 2009-10 are relatively outdated, have limited uses, and do not allow for the study and transfer of current technologies. This contradicts the stated purpose of the deal, which (in the words of former Deputy Defense Minister Popovkin were to transfer current technologies to our defense industry so that we can with their help develop our own prototypes of needed weapons and technology.”

-- Russian Military Reform

On day two of Operation Pillar of Defense, Israel was getting strong support from several Western countries, led by the United States, while Egypt, Jordan, Russia and Turkey condemned the resort to force as disproportionate and overly aggressive.

-- Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Russia chorus condemnation of Israel's resort to force, US leads Western supporters | The Times of Israel

Conclusion:

I would gauge Israeli-Russian relations to be similar to Israeli-Indian relations: not in direct conflict in practial terms, defense relations on a strictly business level, and little or nothing happening of consequence in terms of condemnations of Israel. Compared with the excellent Soviet-Israeli cooperation in the late 1940s, there's virtually nothing happening; but SOMETHING is happening; and for Israel, this can be significant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
This is anti-Jewish propaganda. The stereotypes are as old as the hills.

i ssee you didnt watch or understand it
its projewish anit zion/rothschild
you are confused

shame you missed how syria has no debt
and how banks engineer its demise for this
same happened in lybia

heres another
Zionism and How They Control Us. - YouTube

note there are 2 christians who stand out here
in this vid

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
This is anti-Jewish propaganda. The stereotypes are as old as the hills.

you are confused

and how banks allegedly engineered its demise for this
same happened in lybia

heres another

in this vid

i read that;
banker families first had to engineer the bolshevic revolution to place a banker-friendly govt in russia, stalin said to've murdered lennin
he became the banker pawn

russia according to funk/wag encyclopedia was first not second to recognize israel, this would fit into stalin [real name joseph coban] being a banker puppet.

the love of money is the root of all evil

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
war may be breaking out in 1srael
but war has been going on there since british troops began to push palestinians out
from memory 1938
certainly by 1942
war hasnt stopped there since

the area has been a threatre/playground for ussr and usa to test nerves/weapons/resolve as was vietnam

i was there in 1970s and had 3 close calls with being blown up
and that was a relatively calm era

the alliance between ussr and china some say fulfills the ma/gog prophesy
the 2 countries stopped using american dollars when rumors leaked out that usa
secretly sold all of its gold, leaving reserves empty, and only the bomb as any
power backing the dollar.

since then china has claimed the sea
and many developments relating to babking fraus evolved
like lybia, who was debt free and without a rothschild banking system
so i have read.

macarthur recomended a solution 64 yrs ago which wouldve prevented all this by the pres
listened to babkers not him.
hence america was sold to foreign powers
ussr got the bomb
and china bought secrets from clinton
making usa impotent

this is what ive read

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you are confused

and how banks engineer its demise for this
same happened in lybia

heres another

in this vid
I watched the Orthodox priest vid. The guy looked like Vladimir Putin, with a stage beard and hairdo; and he talked fluent Antisemite.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.