War Supporting Christians... How?

Do you as a Christian support War and deem it to be just?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BowwoooxD

Mar 14, 2016
Germany
✟7,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I dont get how people that call themselves Christians and follow the example of Jesus Christ that dies as an innocent Lamb on the cross, can support WAR.

This guys puts it bluntly, but accurately
<Staff Edit - Profanity rule>

How can a christian that believes that ones should love ones enemies, present the other cheek and follows Christ, support the killing of people that have done nothing to harm him?

Maybe i'm crazy too...
maybe I'm just mentally retarded, but I simply cannot understand. :help:

Last edited by a moderator:

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is a difference between SUPPORTING war and realizing that sometimes it is the only way. Even the Bible has war, but that does not mean that Christians do or at least should see it as the first option, yet sometimes in the fallen world in which we live it has to be.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How can a christian that believes that ones should love ones enemies, present the other cheek and follows Christ,

War should be the last option we resort to but at times it is necessary when we exhaust every other option. If refusing to fight a war will cause greater evil to arise, then it would be a just war.

support the killing of people that have done nothing to harm him
It seems like you are describing a war of aggression which would not be a just war, but if you are attacked then they would be causing harm.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Take ISIS as an example, they are raping, murdering, and pillaging, that is sin.

It is sin for us not to try to stop them, why every moment we sit idle we are allowing rape, murder, and pillaging.
We destabilize an area foment rebellion against rulers who are not ours creating huge problems, which now affect the whole world and the answer is more war, that is ludicrous.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
War should be the last option we resort to but at times it is necessary when we exhaust every other option. If refusing to fight a war will cause greater evil to arise, then it would be a just war.

It seems like you are describing a war of aggression which would not be a just war, but if you are attacked then they would be causing harm.
Who determines what evil is, and if there is a standard why not apply it evenly. Stalin most likely killed as many jews as Hitler and more people overall yet we stood with him to include condone and even aiding in his atrocities in the name of solidarity among the allies. Seems like a bit of a double standard.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Who determines what evil is,
God.

and if there is a standard why not apply it evenly. Stalin most likely killed as many jews as Hitler and more people overall yet we stood with him to include condone and even aiding in his atrocities in the name of solidarity among the allies. Seems like a bit of a double standard.
I was speaking as a Christian, not as an American. I wouldn't have gave him any support but he also wouldn't have been the first target. It wouldn't make sense to try and defeat the Nazis and Communists at the same time when they were both fighting each other. If Hitler simply attacked the USSR, I wouldn't have intervened because both of them were evil, but he chose to attack Western Europe and declare war on the US so there was no longer any option.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God.

I was speaking as a Christian, not as an American. I wouldn't have gave him any support but he also wouldn't have been the first target. It wouldn't make sense to try and defeat the Nazis and Communists at the same time when they were both fighting each other. If Hitler simply attacked the USSR, I wouldn't have intervened because both of them were evil, but he chose to attack Western Europe and declare war on the US so there was no longer any option.
That makes no sense, why are the people of western Europe more valuble that those of the USSR, or the jews in Germany, I simply do not follow your logic, which seems to be what we did was right because we did it.

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2016
Northern Idaho
✟6,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I dont get how people that call themselves Christians and follow the example of Jesus Christ that dies as an innocent Lamb on the cross, can support WAR.

How can a christian that believes that ones should love ones enemies, present the other cheek and follows Christ, support the killing of people that have done nothing to harm him?

Maybe i'm crazy too...
???

The Israelite's have been kicking some serious butt since the beginning of time. They're going to do a lot more butt kicking towards the end according to the book of Daniel.

Loving your enemies means giving them a chance to turn to Christ. But there is nothing in the Bible that says we shouldn't defend ourselves from our enemies. Turning the other cheek simply means not being the cause of a conflict and avoiding it (to keep your testimony) if possible.

However, don't forget that Christ knocked some tables over and whipped some butt in the temple when people were using it as a place of trade.

I gladly participated in many operations that helped defend our country from Christ hating terrorists. I'm not sorry for it.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That makes no sense, why are the people of western Europe more valuble that those of the USSR, or the jews in Germany, I simply do not follow your logic, which seems to be what we did was right because we did it.
Both the Communists and Nazis were evil so in a hypothetical scenario, where Hitler only attacked the USSR, I wouldn't intervene because neither side prevailing would be good. That is what I said so the conclusion you drew was wrong.

Germany declared war on the US so there was no choice in the matter. How can I say what we did was right or wrong when no choice was made. We didn't attack Japan first or declare war on Germany first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Both the Communists and Nazis were evil so in a hypothetical scenario, where Hitler only attacked the USSR, I wouldn't intervene because neither side prevailing would be good. That is what I said so the conclusion you drew was wrong.

Germany declared war on the US so there was no choice in the matter. How can I say what we did was right or wrong when no choice was made. We didn't attack Japan first or declare war on Germany first.
Our leaders well had their minds made up well in advance of anyone declaring war on us.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Take ISIS as an example, they are raping, murdering, and pillaging, that is sin.

It is sin for us not to try to stop them, why every moment we sit idle we are allowing rape, murder, and pillaging.
On that principle we should never have allied with Stalin against Hitler.

We should have gone to war with Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Or heck we'll take out Nazi Germany first, then declare war on the Soviet Union, seeing as they were sending Christians to the gulags and slaughtering them. And then what, have nuclear war?

We cannot right every wrong in the world, simply because a foreign nation has a bad man in charge who hurts people, or a bad group of people that commit detestable acts, is not a cause for war. A more peaceful world is one in which countries respect each other's sovereignty and act only in their own national interest. These moral crusades where we go charging into countries to remove bad men end in chaos and unnecessary suffering and death, which we like to call 'collateral damage'. Take our disastrous intervention in Iraq for example. It is thanks to that destablisation and chaos that ISIS was born.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Maybe i'm crazy too...
Nations do not act the same as people, to 'turn the other cheek'. A nation must protect its people if under attack and act in the national interest. The government has a duty to protect its citizens that pay taxes to them.

It's like saying, how can a Christian be a policeman and help you if someone's attacking you? He or she should turn the other cheek. If the guy's armed, the Christian can't do anything, he can't shoot him back for fear of killing him.

This is false, the Christian has a duty to protect if that's his job, and a government has a duty to act in its citizens' interests and protect them.

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the guy's armed, the Christian can't do anything, he can't shoot him back for fear of killing him.
A christian can shoot a person, and hope he lives. Then the christian can pray for the man he shot, and hope that in the pain and suffering he is in, he will in turn find God somehow.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
r
Who determines what evil is, and if there is a standard why not apply it evenly. Stalin most likely killed as many jews as Hitler and more people overall yet we stood with him to include condone and even aiding in his atrocities in the name of solidarity among the allies. Seems like a bit of a double standard.
I bet if someone were stabbing a red hot poker into your eye for sport you would have no doubt about who determines what evil is and whether there is a standard or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
r
I bet if someone were stabbing a red hot poker into your eye for sport you would have no doubt about who determines what evil is and whether there is a standard or not.
I think you missed the point, but that's okay It's been so long since I posted it I can't remember the context.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think you missed the point, but that's okay It's been so long since I posted it I can't remember the context.
Well, you said that you aren't sure whether there is a standard for right or wrong and if there is then who is going to decide what is right or wrong anyway.

Upvote 0