Hawkes Bay New Zealand
✟135,729.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Liked some parts, not so much other parts, but the scene where one guy tells the other he can't sit by and eat salad while his friend's marriage is bleeding out came back to me. My husband had a really bad year of health, job stress, aunty/mum died etc and began to act really out of character toward me. Our marriage was swiftly going down the toilet no matter what I said or did. Seeing that scene energised me to approach his two most trusted friends and tell them and their wives what was happening for us. The guys took him out for a day, and I have no idea what they said, but his attitude changed completely and we were pulling together in our marriage again the very next day. I'm glad I had courage to trust that his friends wouldn't want to watch us bleed out when just telling them made them able to help.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2014
✟9,834.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wow, that's very nice to hear. When I was watching that scene I was like, "yeah as if friends are really like that." I was thinking they'd be the first to tell the guy to go to a bar or something. It's nice to hear that there are still true friends who really care about their friend's marriage. I'll suggest that to my friend. They're currently having a bit of a problem with their marriage. She thinks he's cheating. She never really thought about talking to his husband's friends, but now that you've mentioned it, I think she should give it a shot.

Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Liked some parts, not so much other parts, but the scene where one guy tells the other he can't sit by and eat salad while his friend's marriage is bleeding out came back to me. My husband had a really bad year of health, job stress, aunty/mum died etc and began to act really out of character toward me. Our marriage was swiftly going down the toilet no matter what I said or did. Seeing that scene energised me to approach his two most trusted friends and tell them and their wives what was happening for us. The guys took him out for a day, and I have no idea what they said, but his attitude changed completely and we were pulling together in our marriage again the very next day. I'm glad I had courage to trust that his friends wouldn't want to watch us bleed out when just telling them made them able to help.

A tip I got from another Christian husband:

I have a deep friend in Christ, a man who is my "Barnabas" --He can get into my face and tell me about myself.

I have spoken to both of them and instructed my wife that if I should ever become so strange, so "off," if I am acting so strangely or weirdly or wrong that it scares her, she can go to him and tell him there is something wrong with me.

I've given them permission to talk about me behind my back.

The chances are that he will have already noticed some kind of change, in me and her word would be confirmation. I've charged him to grab me and shake sense back into me.

Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

Llleopard

Jun 5, 2018
Hawkes Bay New Zealand
✟135,729.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way thanks for your response. I found this site very informative about relationship issues. Thought you might want to check. It's called ReGain. Let me know what you think when you get the chance to browse through.
Looks interesting.... Can't imagine doing counselling online myself though! you would miss so much of the body language and immediacy of actually talking face to face.

Upvote 0