Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't see you provide a link. Unless you're meaning the Nile one, which was just a dodge on your part.
A dodge, the link was directly to a story about teachers being ordered not to say Merry Christmas. That's not a dodge

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the Second Great Commandment?

To love your neighbour as yourself.

That means if YOU would not like to be treated poorly so too you should not do that to others.
Apparently your idea of the second greatest commandment is "This little light of mine, hide it under a bushel." Did Jesus ever offend anybody? Yup, quite regularly

Your method is fire with fire or biblically eye for an eye. Which was rescinded by your King. Your sovereign, whom you must obey or risk becoming what?
Saying Merry Christmas is an eye for an eye? I guess you and I have a different perspective on Scripture

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not in agreement. I think most liberals will have more on their minds this year and will not want to "draw first blood". A big battle this year in the War on Christmas could get people riled up and we will be embarking on an election year shortly after Christmas. Obama and Democrats in general cannot afford to help in motivating the conservatives any more than they are already motivated

Wars are rarely started for rational purposes. You know that some company is going to tell its employees to say "Happy Holidays" in instead of "Merry Christmas" and it will be like throwing a match on a pile of gasoline soaked rags. Then one of the 250,000 elementary schools in the US is going to change the name of their Christmas Pagent to the Winter Pagent, and there will be holiday blood in the streets....There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's just gonna happen.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wars are rarely started for rational purposes. You know that some company is going to tell its employees to say "Happy Holidays" in instead of "Merry Christmas" and it will be like throwing a match on a pile of gasoline soaked rags. Then one of the 250,000 elementary schools in the US is going to change the name of their Christmas Pagent to the Winter Pagent, and there will be holiday blood in the streets....There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's just gonna happen.

Mmmm I wonder if it taste like cinnamon ?
also who uses the Candy Cane weapons?
candy_cane_shank.jpg

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mmmm I wonder if it taste like cinnamon ?
also who uses the Candy Cane weapons?
candy_cane_shank.jpg

The candy cane shank. A good weapon. Easy to get through metal detectors. Sadly, it can only be used once. Kinda brittle.

Upvote 0

lemur

Aug 20, 2011
✟15,711.00
Faith
Atheist
The candy cane shank. A good weapon. Easy to get through metal detectors. Sadly, it can only be used once. Kinda brittle.

On the plus side. Since the human mouth has so many bacteria in it and these bacteria love sugar, it's lethal even if you don't hit a vital organ.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never said there would be no War on Christmas this year. Perhaps a ecap will clear it up for you
WOOHOOO! I am telling you, the War on Christmas is gonna be a good one this year! It's been kinda tame the last couple of years. But I gotta feeling this year is going to be a doozy!

I'm not in agreement. I think most liberals will have more on their minds this year and will not want to "draw first blood". A big battle this year in the War on Christmas could get people riled up and we will be embarking on an election year shortly after Christmas. Obama and Democrats in general cannot afford to help in motivating the conservatives any more than they are already motivated
Hope that helps

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made a pretty big mistake one Christmas when I stopped in a mini-mart to get a soda. They were giving out free candy canes (sans shank). I'm not a candy person so i took the two candy canes and outside the store, 2 boys about 8 years old were just getting off their bikes to go in the store, so I asked them if they would like the candy. They both jumped on their bikes and hightailed home

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made a pretty big mistake one Christmas when I stopped in a mini-mart to get a soda. They were giving out free candy canes (sans shank). I'm not a candy person so i took the two candy canes and outside the store, 2 boys about 8 years old were just getting off their bikes to go in the store, so I asked them if they would like the candy. They both jumped on their bikes and hightailed home

So that explains the News Reports :D ;) :)

Upvote 0

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love it when conservatives scream about free enterprise, then a business makes a decision to not offend potential customers, using the right to free enterprise which conservatives support so fully, and what do we see? Conservative outrage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I love it when conservatives scream about free enterprise, then a business makes a decision to not offend potential customers, using the right to free enterprise which conservatives support so fully, and what do we see? Conservative outrage.
Hey, I'm conservative. I'm enjoying this thread, too. Why tar and feather all conservatives?

Personally, I think Christianity is on the ascendancy. Lots of good folks find their way to God when times get tough. Any chance you've heard of the latter rain?

Upvote 0

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, I'm conservative. I'm enjoying this thread, too. Why tar and feather all conservatives?

Personally, I think Christianity is on the ascendancy. Lots of good folks find their way to God when times get tough. Any chance you've heard of the latter rain?

Ok, so someone is having a tough time and they turn to religion to make them feel better, the same way some turn to drugs and alcoholism. Personally, when times get tough I do the old "conservative" thing and tighten up my old boot straps and get to solving my problems, no gods required.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so someone is having a tough time and they turn to religion to make them feel better, the same way some turn to drugs and alcoholism. Personally, when times get tough I do the old "conservative" thing and tighten up my old boot straps and get to solving my problems ...
:thumbsup:

We could argue about the "feel good" part of religion vs seeking guidance and help, but tightening up the bootstraps and getting on with it is the right approach to life.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Upvote 0

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup:

We could argue about the "feel good" part of religion vs seeking guidance and help, but tightening up the bootstraps and getting on with it is the right approach to life.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
I agree. Really I have taken much of my morality from Christianity, and simply taken out anything supernatural about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Much ado about nothing or what? I still don't even understand what it is we're supposed to discuss here.
The culture war is about to heat up due to the Christmas season. Those who deny the war exists are attempting to gain ground by berating one side hoping to detract from the real battles that may lie ahead in the next two months

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Much ado about nothing or what? I still don't even understand what it is we're supposed to discuss here.
You are supposed to discuss your recollections of proof that the war on Christmas is real and a threat to Christians and our American way.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition....

Upvote 0

Erth

The last(?!) unapologetic Christian
Oct 28, 2011
Sverige
✟16,294.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok that's funny to me. Maybe it is because I don't see my faith as something that needs to be forced on me with top-down illusions of unity. It borders on the discussion about multiculturalism I guess (in another thread).

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I see your point on the 'saying it first' comment although it does seem to be a bit heavy handed PC on MC, don't U agree? ;)

Have you ever wished a client HH and were corrected because they reject PC regarding MC?

Naw, now I just ask if their daughters are old enough to vote. ^_^

Being PC isnt inherently bad, unless of course I disagree with a particular use. It seems best to not assume others are Christians.

Upvote 0

disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Apparently your idea of the second greatest commandment is "This little light of mine, hide it under a bushel." Did Jesus ever offend anybody? Yup, quite regularly

Saying Merry Christmas is an eye for an eye? I guess you and I have a different perspective on Scripture

Merry Christmas is not teaching the gospel.

Christ wasn't born in December.
Christ never commanded a celebration of his birth.
Christmas has little to do with Christmas anymore.

This is strictly for men to brag they are pious before other men.

And yes it is eye for an eye when you MUST have your tradition to supersede other peoples' feelings.

YOU would not wish to be offended. Hence you should not feel it is your right to offend. But instead you feel it is your right to do as you please and either people parrot it back or shut up.

Now you are being told to change and you don't like it.

That is the thing about many Christians, when the shoe is on the other foot they complain just as loudly as any secularist.

Upvote 0