• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

War on Christmiss* Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by RealDealNeverstop, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

+342
    Messianic
    US-Democrat
    This is why conservatives pull the persecution card. It justifies their belief that God chose them out of the world and makes them feel morally superior.

John 15:18“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2. SithDoughnut

SithDoughnut The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist

+251
    Atheist
    Private
    In this context "white people" = "priviledged people", because privileged people are typically white. Now are you going to calm down or just continue to be far more insulting than that picture ever was?

I say all this as a white person, by the way. If people would stop screaming "RACISM!" every single time they see something that references skin colour, it might actually stop being such a problem for many people. Racists justify their behaviour by pointing at posts like yours.

3. Self Improvement

Self Improvement Well-Known Member

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I guess if I posted a picture saying something about black people it would be ok, oh wait no it wouldn't you and all the other liberals here would soon harp on me for being a racist whitie, isn't that right?

As far as being insulting goes, what is more insulting than that picture which insults an entire group of people?

Things like that picture, IE RACISM, are actually the things that promote racism. How you attempted to flip this on me as ME helping to justify racist behavior, I will never understand. Probably because it's a bunch of BS.

4. SithDoughnut

SithDoughnut The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist

+251
    Atheist
    Private
    One, generalisations are bad (i.e., "you and all the other liberals"). They're something I'd expect from a fundamentalist but I would have expected better from you. Your assumption that I am a liberal is interesting, however. Do you accuse everyone you disagree with of having different political views? No wonder your country's politics is based upon hatred of the other side.

Two, it depends on whether you were making a racist statement with said picture or not. The presence or mention of a particular skin colour does not make something racist. For example, if you were making a comment based upon the historical fact that black people were slaves, this would not be racist; if you were saying that we should go back to having black people as slaves, that would be racist.

Three, don't make assumptions about me or other people, especially about how someone would react in a certain situation. It makes you look stupid.

You're creating racism and offence where none existed. Unless you are denying that white people have been historically privileged, you really have nothing to go on here.

I'm going to drop this here because it's off-topic and isn't worth debating over. Feel free to have the last word, if you want.

5. Self Improvement

Self Improvement Well-Known Member

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm not making assumptions at all, I see it every day here. I know exactly what would happen if I posted a picture with a caption that said "There's real problems, and then there's Asian problems." "You're so racist, SI!" Do you really think I am making an extraordinary claim here and I require some type of extraordinary evidence? Am I claiming to be a baker's good or something?

Anyway, because white people may or may not be historically privileged changes nothing here.

Who is assuming you are liberal anyway? It says in your profile, really not assuming anything. Oh, but you're not "the liberal I'm thinking of". I guess that makes you new age and hip or something.

P.S. I consider myself pretty liberal, I'm just different from most of the ones here and I tend to call out other liberals when they say something idiotic.

6. TerranceL

TerranceL Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?

+4,550
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Some folks never seem to get that people just don't like them because they are rude and mean and not because of what ever religion they have.

7. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,091
    Atheist
    Married
    Thanksgiving is over and the fwoc heats up! Here -->:eek:

8. TerranceL

+4,550
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    MEDIC!!!!

9. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,360
    Agnostic
    Married

Uh oh! We better get our anti Christmas jihadists some Brady Bombs(TM) to ward off all that firepower. :cool:

10. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,650
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    The Klezbians have mutilated famous Christmas songs giving us abominations such as "Silent Nacht - Jewish Bell", "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Chanukah", "Noah El" and "Frosty the Snow Mensch".

Listen here.

11. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,091
    Atheist
    Married
    A wise woman? Whose side are these guys on?

Full story here -->:confused:

12. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,650
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Rhode Island has an official Holiday Tree! Can you believe it?

Rhode Island gov. stands by 'holiday tree' - UPI.com

What's just as bad is how the governor justified it:

13. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,567
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Was listening to classy Laura Ingrahm tonight during one of her ****** rants about Michelle Obama. Apparently she felt the use of first dog Beau as a decoration was an attack on Christmas for some crazy reason.

Bah! What did Roger Williams know about Christmas or religious freedom.

14. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+262
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    Naughty or Nice?

AFA's 2011 listing of top retailers and how they recognize Christmas

Color Code:
    GREEN: Company uses the term "Christmas" on a regular basis, we consider that company Christmas-friendly.
    YELLOW: Company refers to Christmas infrequently, or in a single advertising medium, but not in others.
    RED: Company may use "Christmas" sparingly in a single or unique product description, but as a company, does not recognize it.
    Naughty or Nice Christmas List 2011

15. acropolis

acropolis so rad

+249
    Humanist
    Single
    It's funny how Christians always use the term "Judeo-Christian" but throw a complete temper tantrum if anyone actually acknowledges the Jewish holiday near Christmas by saying "happy holidays." WAAAAH ONLY MENTION OOOOOUR HOLIDAY WAAAAAAAAAH.

16. TerranceL

+4,550
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Nothing makes me laugh harder than people getting all up in arms over business NOT exploiting their religion for profit.

17. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,650
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Christmas At The White House: Where's Bo? - Yahoo! News

It seems to be for entertaining visiting children.

18. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,586
    Methodist
    Married
    [​IMG]

19. moonkitty

moonkitty Senior Veteran

+613
    Atheist
    Married
    I want to live in that world with you too.

20. HBGary

HBGary Active Member

+24
    Atheist
    Private