• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

War on Christmiss* Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by RealDealNeverstop, Oct 21, 2011.

1. SOAD

SOAD Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    This will be on our Thanksgiving dessert table

[​IMG]

2. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,567
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Here's my conundrum. If I smoke more (politically incorrect), I will have more phlegmn to spit on those who wish me "Merry Christmas" (politically correct).

What to do.. what to do..

3. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,537
    Methodist
    Married
    Hah! Take this ...

[​IMG]

4. Merlinius

Merlinius Newbie

+80
    Christian
    Single
    Merry Thanksgive-O-ween

5. TerranceL

TerranceL Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?

+4,550
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    The thing is if there is a "War on Christmas" it's been fought by christians for at least the past century.

It's christians who turned the holiday into a consumer fest, it's christians who tell their little kids that it's santa bringing gifts, and it's christians who turn the holiday into anything but Jesus.

6. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Just for the record, my kids never believed in Santa Claus

7. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    :thumbsup:

8. craigerNY

craigerNY I bring nothing to the table

+355
    Agnostic
    Single
    No, Virginia, there will be no Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting

We have Steven Spielberg on our side. We are still working on getting David Copperfield to join us and make Christmas trees across America disappear.

9. Self Improvement

Self Improvement Well-Known Member

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

10. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+15,488
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    That people think there's a war on Christmas at all is perhaps the strangest bit of all.

I've yet to have anyone tell me that I can't celebrate the Nativity of Christ and go to church on Christmas morning or give gifts to friends and family; or forcibly restrain me from doing these things.

The war seems to exist in people's minds more than in reality.

-CryptoLutheran

11. SOAD

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    No worries. Almost all of us know there is not war on Christmas, and this thread is simply a place to have a little fun. Some will pull the Christian 'persecution' card, however most find a 'war on Christmas' silly.

12. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,091
    Atheist
    Married
    How many years in a row do we have to do this before it becomes tradition?

It didn't take long for this to become tradition.

[​IMG]

13. SOAD

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    FRAGILE :D

14. TerranceL

TerranceL Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?

+4,550
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Some people for reasons that I cannot begin to understand want more than anything to be persecuted.

15. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,567
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    More evidence - Happy Honda Days! It should have been Merry Civic Mass.

It must be Italian.

16. ViaCrucis

+15,488
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Given the "we're persecuted!" rhetoric and mentality of some folks, I'm convinced and sure many of them actually don't have a concept of what persecution actually is.

I like to imagine what it'd be like for one of them to have a conversation--exchange notes sort of thing--with a Holocaust victim or someone fed to the lions in the coliseum.

"They're not letting us have a nativity display in the park this year!"

"My wife and daughters were mauled and eaten by lions and I was tied to a stake and set on fire to the sound of 10,000 people cheering as the flesh on my body burned to ash."

[​IMG]

-CryptoLutheran

17. Self Improvement

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Yeah, stupid white people! They hae no problems at all! We all know the only people with real problems are blacks, hispanics, and asians!

18. SithDoughnut

SithDoughnut The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist

+251
    Atheist
    Private
    That's not what the picture is saying. Think "first world problems" if it makes you feel better.

19. Self Improvement

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Really because the picture literally says "THERE ARE REAL PROBLEMS AND THEN THERE ARE WHITE PEOPLE PROBLEMS". Are you really going to argue this with me, bud? Can I make that any clearer for you there, Chap? Should I download the picture, enlarge it 20x and then repost it for you?

20. ViaCrucis

+15,488
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    A sense of humor goes a long way.

The joke addresses the actual reality that privileged people--which historically have been white males in the West--have problems they are rather insignificant to actual problems. Such as having no clean water, no access to medicine, or the possibility that at any moment you and/or your family could be hauled off to God-knows-where for who-knows-what.

It's linked to the larger point, though added for humorous flair, due to the fact that in the United States certain Christians have a proclivity for yelling "persecution" in situations that under no circumstance should any sane person regard as persecution.

Also, I'm white. With a Germanic heritage. Oh and I'm Protestant. Which makes me about as WASPy a guy as I can get without living in a nice suburb with a white picket fence and living in 1950.

-CryptoLutheran