• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

War on Christmiss* Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by RealDealNeverstop, Oct 21, 2011.

1. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Stores in the boston area were putting up halloween and Xmas stuff at the same time. Kind of makes sense since they are the top two money takers for retail.

2. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    Hey now, that looks like a shot at Christmas. Why do you hate America, RDNS?

3. SOAD

SOAD Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    Absolutely! He just took Christ out of Christmas! :doh: It should be ChristX

War!

4. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    First blood! Freeeeedoooooooom!

[​IMG]

5. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Now that is a great use of an anti-Semite in a halloween costume!

6. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,561
    Methodist
    Married
    [​IMG]

7. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,567
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Hershey's is running a commercial with Christmas colored kisses, ringing out "We wish you a Merry Christmas", but at the end it says "Happy Holidays".

FWOC!!!

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Enemy of Christmas Supporter

+1,610
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others

Nice. That's gotta hurt the pro-Christmas crowd. Nothing like a Trojan Horse Happy Holiday's bomb covered in a Merry Christmas wrapping.

9. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+1,804
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    How long has that particular commercial been around? It's been at least 10 years. I can find one source that says it's been around since the mid 80s.

10. Grizzly

+1,610
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Sweet. Apparently we have been engaged in a clandestine operation against Christmas for years.

11. SOAD

SOAD Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    It runs much deeper than we might want to admit. Andy Williams was recruited as a major spokesman for the war on Christmas long ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP2dDlZUGRo

12. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+1,804
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    awww.. I was going to post that.

13. craigerNY

craigerNY I bring nothing to the table

+355
    Agnostic
    Single
    Ah yes the good old days when we were but a fledgling band of Christmas renegades, how far we have come. It brings a tear to my eye to think back at our fallen freedom fighters from days gone by but our numbers are greater now and with more retailers in our pockets every season we will be unstoppable muuhhahahahahahah!!!!

14. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+1,804
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    All kidding aside, something that confuses me about the whole "saying 'happy holidays' is an attack on Christmas!" stuff is, that I remember "Happy Holidays" being used as a standard greeting between mid November and early January going as far back as I can remember.

It's not like this is something new.

15. Grizzly

+1,610
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    It's not new. But it is something new to be offended about! Many on the religious right love to be offended and feel they are either being persecuted or are under attack.

[​IMG]

16. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+1,804
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    Mhmm. It wouldn't annoy me so much if they would just at least be focusing the attack correctly, particularly when it comes to retail using the term "holidays". They act as though it's some super-PC, anti-Christian attack, when all it is is nothing more than attempt to more people to buy into the consumerism of the season. Call a tree a "Christmas tree" and you're going to get predominately Christians buying it. Call it a "Holiday Tree" and now you've expanded the demographic.

17. Merlinius

Merlinius Newbie

+80
    Christian
    Single
    (Jer 10:3) For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
    (Jer 10:4) They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

18. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    In this thread alone one can sense the War on Christmas heating up. I thought it would be light this year but I could have been wrong. We'll see once Thanksgiving is over

19. craigerNY

craigerNY I bring nothing to the table

+355
    Agnostic
    Single
    Oh crap, he's on to us. Somehow he found out that the Friday after Thanksgiving is when we launch our major "happy holidays" salvo. He must have gotten his hands on our Enigma machine. We've been compromised...........re-group everyone.

20. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm always on the alert. :thumbsup: