• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

War on Christmiss* Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by RealDealNeverstop, Oct 21, 2011.

1. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
  2. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,603
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
  3. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Case in point:

4. david.clayton

david.clayton Newbie

+0
    Methodist
    Private
    hmm lets see here Christmas as been around for hurnds n hurds of years i dont think a lil name change form Christmas to Holiday will bring it to a end. and wasn't it a pagan Holiday to start with ?

wait wasny Chrsit a Jew so wondt the real Christmas be Chanukah? Since we are called to be Christ like and snice he was Jew wondt it be Christ like to be a Jew ?

A oher thing i tohught we wneret to lie as chstians yet 99% of kids in the US where told about santa claus which came about around the 1820 so one would think it started way way before "todays time" i bet ppl thought adding saint Nick was War on Christmas.

as for happy holiday saying i alwasy thought it sa way of saying happy *insert the holiday you do here* ek gas jsut trying to think maybe not everyone does the Christian Christmas as we know it. What do you say to jew? agian Chist was a Jew i dont think you would be saying happy Christmas to him if he came to your house.

5. RedDead1981

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    So Christians aren't being persecuted? Well, glad we settled that one. So what's the issue, then? I'm confused now.

6. Ton80

Ton80 Well-Known Member

+78
    Christian
    Private
    That settles it as far as Machzero is concerned. There is no persecution of believers in Christmas or Christmas itself, so there is no war on Christmas. Do you think he will leave the thread because he sees no point in defending something which needs no defense?

persecuted

: to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

7. RedDead1981

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    Well, which is it? Are Christians being persecuted or not?

8. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    If you don't believe there is a war on Christmas, you are free to leave, as I said and as should be obvious :doh:

9. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Ask yourself a question? Are we discussing the War on Christmas or the War on Christians? That should answer your other question

10. RedDead1981

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    Is Christmas no longer a Christian holiday? Is there not a group of people who feel Christians are being unfairly singled out for mistreatment? It's reasonable to connect the two groups.

You're unwilling to answer my question, then?

11. SithDoughnut

SithDoughnut The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist

+251
    Atheist
    Private
    Then so was yours. It wasn't an argument, anyway, so your accusation is illogical.

12. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Christmas is an American federal holiday :wave:
    Is that what you allege is being done, in the name of diversity? Just so we know
    I believe I answered your question. So here's one for you. What is your intent in the War on Christmas?

13. RedDead1981

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    So it's secular, then?

I gave zero indication of that. Is that what you allege is being done? I know I've seen many right-wing groups claiming unjust treatment of Christians in the states. And, frankly, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Care to link to the answer? I saw you answer a question with a question, but that isn't really an answer. I have read all of the posts in this thread and I don't see where you clearly answered my question, so save your own until you answer mine.

14. SithDoughnut

SithDoughnut The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist

+251
    Atheist
    Private
    The War on Christmas is a small arena of the far more important War on Fruitcakes. Comparatively, the WoC is irrelevant.

15. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Oops! You got it 100% backwards

16. RedDead1981

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    The War on Thanksgiving is a minor skirmish leading up to the major engagements in the War on Christmas.

17. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,967
    Methodist
    Married
    Ahh ... the British Empire

[​IMG]

Oops ... leading the USA in reaching bankruptcy ...

18. Grizzly

Grizzly Enemy of Christmas Supporter

+1,610
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Never trust a graph without a defined y-axis.

19. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,967
    Methodist
    Married
    Did ya miss the X-axis ... which ain't so linear either?

20. RedDead1981

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    That's not the X-axis.
    [​IMG]