• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

War on Christmas x Impeachment Is the Collab of the Season

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by tulc, Dec 7, 2019.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+14,686
    Christian
    Married
    Newt Gingrich Says Trump Impeachment Probe Hurts Christmas, Matthew Whitaker Agrees
    tulc(always knows the hypocrisy is going to be very deep if they call on Newt to deliver the talking points!) :D

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,411
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Of course the pro impeach people are Grinches. Should we expect anything different? Of course they are going to look for a dysfunctional way to deal with their annual holiday seasonal depression. Impeachment is a perfect fit for them this time of years.

3. tulc

+14,686
    Christian
    Married
    That explains why Gingrich and the GOP House impeached President Clinton less then a week before Christmas in 1998? Because it's wrong to talk about impeachment this close to Christmas? Or it's only wrong if a Democrat does it, not when Republicans do it? :scratch:
    tulc(is just curious) :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. joshua 1 9

+3,411
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    They should have been home enjoying their Christmas. What good did it do to drag up all that nonsense about Clinton?

5. Ricky M

Ricky M Well-Known Member Supporter

+735
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Yeah. And cops only write tickets during the holidays because they are in a foul mood.

The violation of law has nothing to do with it.

(Rolls eyes big time)

6. Ricky M

+735
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    That pretty much sums up a lot of what's going on in some people's heads these days

7. tulc

+14,686
    Christian
    Married
    Maybe you should ask that of the guy who now says it's "Wrong to do this at Christmas!" since he's the one who did it. :wave:
    tulc(just a thought) :)

8. joshua 1 9

+3,411
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Did Clinton break a law?

9. joshua 1 9

+3,411
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What law did he break?

10. tulc

+14,686
    Christian
    Married
    ...he was acquitted on both charges so, no, he didn't. :wave:
    tulc(that's how law works) :)

11. tulc

+14,686
    Christian
    Married
    Still a little hazy on what impeachment is huh? maybe this will help:
    Impeachment | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives
    tulc(hopes that helps) :wave:

12. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,783
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Both impeachments were pretty dumb, weren't they? Now, don't tell me you think this one is good because it's a Republican getting impeached. That would be pretty blatantly hypocritical. Glad to know you oppose this impeachment.

Well, for one thing, he was actually impeached, successfully, so, no, he wasn't acquitted. The Senate didn't vote to remove him, and that's all. For another thing, I can't imagine anyone trusting the process at that level to be unbiased and fair enough to say that just because he was acquitted or not acquitted that it really means anything about his actual guilt. The dude was an adulterer, and that much is uncontested (and a frequent flier on Epstein airlines), so we're well beyond calling him innocent. It just happens that having a fling with an intern doesn't quite rise to the level of selling national secrets to enemy nations (not to say that he didn't. I don't trust him enough to assume that he didn't).

13. Ricky M

+735
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Which one, on either side, hasn't?

14. Ricky M

+735
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Legally, he's suspected in a lot of them. I won't bother listing them here because it's all been listed many times before. But that's the point of the inquiry, to see if there is enough true evidence to officially charge him. If there is there will be a trial, after which there will be a legal determination of whether or not he is actually guilty. But until then, he is legally considered innocent until proven otherwise. Just like every other crook in this land.

15. tulc

+14,686
    Christian
    Married
    Nope, first one was, this one actually has merit. :wave:

hmmm...pretending to ask a question while implying what the answer is? That's adorable. How about this: you ask me what I think about something, then you wait for me to answer it before deciding what I do or don't think? :D

No hypocritical would be pretending to ask a question while trying to answer it for someone. ;)

I'm a little confused. Why post this in a thread when it obviously belongs instead in your blog? It's not like you're actually talking to anyone in the thread so far. It's you, pretending to ask me something, then it's you pretending to answer for me, then it's you showing "how "I'm wrong!" Then you taking a victory lap. One nice thing though, you're so bad at this it's more funny then it is irritating, so, I'll give you points for that. When you want to actually talk to me? I'll be here. :wave:

I see you also don't understand what "impeached" means. That might explain why you're so unclear about the difference between this impeachment and the Clinton one. Tell you what, you find out what "impeached" means and when you do, we can discuss what the difference is between "found guilty and acquitted". :)

...the irony in this line alone? it was worth wading through the rest of your post to get to it. :oldthumbsup:

No one said he was innocent, I said he was acquitted. I see you're a little unclear on what that means as well. :sigh:
    tulc(thanks nonaeroterraqueous, this was the funnest post he read all night) :clap:

16. BarnyFyfe

BarnyFyfe Deputy Seventh-day Adventist

+39
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Well... None as long as we're all in agreement on what the meaning of the word "is" is. (ROTFL)
    When I first heard that I thought "Well now I have truly heard everything" and to this day I've never heard anything to top it. And I like Bill Clinton! He's one of those "lovable scoundrel" characters.