1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

WAR CHEST: Trump Shatters Fundraising Record Following FBI Raid at Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Valletta, Aug 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Aldebaran

Aldebaran K' Tinga Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+10,632
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Those who keep doubling down on going after Trump by making up one conspiracy theory after another about him have been experts at using shovels. When one accusation goes flat, they dig themselves deeper. Well, they can dig themselves to a mid-term election defeat and I'll be fine with that.

2. Pommer

Pommer CoPcEtiC SkEpTic Supporter

+6,581
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Yeah the Democrats are shaking in their boots.
    Kansas voted to “keep abortion” obviously an aberration that will not carry forward for a whole three months!
    Shaking in their boots!

3. Aldebaran

+10,632
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    A single piece of legislation passed in Kansas is hardly the topic here.

4. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+13,678
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Biden, nor any other prior President, would do the same.

5. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+11,909
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Democrats should still be concerned about midterms and 2024.

Kansas voting to keep abortion doesn't mean "Kanas is a blue state now" and that democrats should feel completely safe going into the midterms.

The democrats have a lot of positions that appeal to moderates in a lot of red states, and obviously they should embrace that has part of their strategy. But, they also have a lot of positions (and more importantly, people) that don't appeal to people in those states.

For instance, Montana and Alaska both had a vote and legalized marijuana...Just because that's a "blue state thing", that doesn't mean they'll be hopping on board with every democratic initiative anytime soon.

It takes more than one issue to flip a state from red to blue (or vice versa).

6. ThatRobGuy

+11,909
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Fair point...

If this is as significant as people are making it out to be (and maybe they're right), would it have possibly been a better strategy on the part of the media and the democratic party to wait until they had a royal flush (if that's what this actually is) before before betting big, as opposed to spending the last 18 months of trying to go "all in" on a pair of 8's? (if I may use a poker analogy)

I would also note, when the headlines were ran that I screenshotted earlier, those outlets didn't know what was being looked for yet. That only came after the unsealing. So perhaps the gloating with the needling headlines "Trump has a meltdown after Mar-a-lago raided by the FBI" maybe wasn't the best idea?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  7. ThatRobGuy

+11,909
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    That's a lot of trust to put in the same institution that have had to resort to flimsy tactics before to "finally get someone" because they couldn't make anything else stick.

How the Law Finally Caught Al Capone

...and the same institution that ran covert operations against MLK.

Even just in a more broad sense, the federal executive branch has never had a spotless record
    List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia

Given that this story blew up all over the headlines before anyone even knew what they were looking for, it was reasonable for people to be suspicious of them perhaps going on a fishing expedition over something trivial.

And it certainly wouldn't be the first time the DOJ has had missteps
    Top DOJ national security official resigns amid fallout over seizure of Dems' records

8. CitizenD

CitizenD Well-Known Member

+1,411
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Imagine for a moment, believing that see-how-much-money-we-donate-to-the-billionaire-when-he-commits-crimes, is a brag?

I cannot put myself in that state of mind. Probably because I have a non-zero self-awareness.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator Senior Veteran

+2,312
    Christian
    Wait - I thought Trump was a successful self-made businessman worth billions of dollars? Leaving politics aside (and I would say the same thing if he was democrat or anything else), why would anyone want to donate to the campaign or legal defence of a billionaire?

I guess the saying about fools and their money being parted are true.

10. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+13,826
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Sexual assault and prison rape are not funny.That these are allowed to happen in our system is a national disgrace.

11. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+3,439
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Does anyone really want to see Trump in office 2024-2028.
    He is 76 now. He'll be 78 in 24. Can you imagine him at 82?

Does anyone really want this ongoing chaos, the distracting drama, the overall dysfunctional state of affairs?

As Bad as Biden is, at least he is predictable and rational. But who really want him to run again as well?

The U.S. needs new leadership. Leadership that is less polarized.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. ThatRobGuy

+11,909
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm pretty sure it's not "allowed" behavior, but given how overcrowded our prison systems are, they can't watch everyone at once.

...but when people in left-leaning facebook groups are posting memes like this in response to the story...clearly some people have that viewpoint that that's what they want to happen.

[​IMG]

13. Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator Senior Veteran

+2,312
    Christian
    It's funny how the crowd who claimed that Biden was too old to take office at 78 are usually supporting Trumps second attempt at the presidency despite the fact that he will be the exact same age.

14. Hvizsgyak

Hvizsgyak Active Member

+187
    United States
    Byzantine Catholic
    Married
    Here's my conspiracy theory on the whole situation. The Democrats aren't dumb; they knew the consequences of raiding Trump's house. They knew millions of Americans would contribute to his campaign fun so his head would get inflated again. They want him to run for president because the Democrats can beat him - with Barack Obama.

15. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Chronic political homeless Supporter

+13,200
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    How do you imagine they will get around the twenty second amendment issue so he can run?

16. Aldebaran

+10,632
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Keep in mind that some people age better than others. Watch biden when he's making a speech, and watch Trump when he makes a speech. Trump is far more coherent.

17. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+11,139
    Agnostic
    Married
    upload_2019-9-29_13-10-4.jpeg

18. Pommer

+6,581
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Well, thanks for sharing this reprehensible behavior, I guess.

19. Pommer

+6,581
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    But Trump is (person, woman, man, camera, TV) is sharp as a tack!

20. Pommer

+6,581
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Citizen Obama (as well as citizens W Clinton and GWB) are barred by the Constitution to seek another term. (Jimmy Carter’s still kickin’ though!)