enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Right now they are applying to only some. Trump has never even had a speeding ticking, he is guilty of no crime. The people who orchestrated this warrant have a lot of explaining to do, whether they will be charged or not.
But he did take documents to his civilian home which was a violation/breaking of the law.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Staff Edit
Lol, almost eh? Yeah that was a close one. Our republic almost went down. Oh man that was a close one. We were on the razors edge of a country of millions and an entire Congress and military going down. Yes sir one man and a few nut jobs almost took over and gave us hitler.

Absolutely hilarious :ebil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol, almost eh? Yeah that was a close one. Our republic almost went down. Oh man that was a close one. We were on the razors edge of a country of millions and an entire Congress and military going down. Yes sir one man and a few nut jobs almost took over and gave us hitler.

Absolutely hilarious :ebil:

Yea, it's hilarious that as I write this, GOP primary voters around the country are nominating officials to positions that will enable the next attempt to succeed. The GOP nominees for governor and Secretary of State are election deniers...and proudly proclaim it (in AZ).

I don't find that funny at all.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Right now they are applying to only some. Trump has never even had a speeding ticking, he is guilty of no crime. The people who orchestrated this warrant have a lot of explaining to do, whether they will be charged or not.
Yes it is often the case that the rich get away with things that you or I would not but is that an excuse for not enforcing the law? Others have gotten away with it so it is persecution if you apply it to me? Remember that the law he is in violation of is one he enacted during his presidency.
I ask again, what should happen to someone who violates a law that they signed into existence?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This is a horrible abuse of power, an attack on God and country, and Joe and crowd will be held accountable.

This could be an abuse of power. I don't know. We haven't seen any documents yet as to why they did this or what they were after. Perhaps it WAS legally appropriate.

An attack on God? I think you went too far here. Let's not bring God into this. I don't think serving a search warrant is an attack on God. :sigh:

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who is throwing salt on the Trump wounds?

Basically everyone who's insisting on squeezing the "let's go after Trump for absolutely anything and everything we possibly can, for 18 after the guy's already out of office" for every last drop they can get rather than letting him fade away to irrelevance.

Despite some loud vocal far-right pundits, most regular republicans were losing interest him.

Polling done back in October of 2021 had only ~40% of republicans wanting him to run again.

The incessant playing of the "tough on Trump" card isn't the "Trump card" (pun 100% intended) that left leaning politicians and pundits seems to think it is.

While many on the right were losing interest in Trump, the level of dislike they have for democrats has increased by a larger degree over that time window, and makes them more inclined to simply rally behind anyone they see as a bulwark against what they see as "the excesses of the left".

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This isn't about records. It's about trying to stop the people from voting for Trump again. They are using Stalinistic tactics. Hunter does selfies while he commits a crime! The people have had it, I strongly suggest that no one tries to stop an election observer in this upcoming election.
Sounds like you are promoting violence against election officials carrying out their legal duties.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Basically everyone who's insisting on squeezing the "let's go after Trump for absolutely anything and everything we possibly can, for 18 after the guy's already out of office" for every last drop they can get rather than letting him fade away to irrelevance.

That doesn't answer my question.
In the context of the events of this week and specifically the search warrant (this thread), the folks who are making a lot of noise are those loyal to Donald Trump.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes it is often the case that the rich get away with things that you or I would not but is that an excuse for not enforcing the law? Others have gotten away with it so it is persecution if you apply it to me? Remember that the law he is in violation of is one he enacted during his presidency.
I ask again, what should happen to someone who violates a law that they signed into existence?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This could be an abuse of power. I don't know. We haven't seen any documents yet as to why they did this or what they were after. Perhaps it WAS legally appropriate.

An attack on God? I think you went too far here. Let's not bring God into this. I don't think serving a search warrant is an attack on God. :sigh:
The moon could be occupied by lizard people with Jewish Space Lasers. You are leaping to accusing officers of the court of malfeasance based on bruised feelings.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right now they are applying to only some. Trump has never even had a speeding ticking
Probably never had a speeding ticket, either. The only thing he drives is a golf cart.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,985.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Despite some loud vocal far-right pundits, most regular republicans were losing interest him.

Polling done back in October of 2021 had only ~40% of republicans wanting him to run again.

The incessant playing of the "tough on Trump" card isn't the "Trump card" (pun 100% intended) that left leaning politicians and pundits seems to think it is.

While many on the right were losing interest in Trump, the level of dislike they have for democrats has increased by a larger degree over that time window, and makes them more inclined to simply rally behind anyone they see as a bulwark against what they see as "the excesses of the left".

That really is my complaint here. Can't we let him fade into irrelevance?

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yea, it's hilarious that as I write this, GOP primary voters around the country are nominating officials to positions that will enable the next attempt to succeed. The GOP nominees for governor and Secretary of State are election deniers...and proudly proclaim it (in AZ).

I don't find that funny at all.

It's hilarious! Didn't Arizona fail to find a massive fraud scheme?

You guys crack me up with your fear mongering. Aren't you guys the ones who keep pointing out that no one, including deniers, ever were able to prove anything?

Your all running scared now cause you all know what's coming. A major fail to upset all your plans to transform America.

Yessire Trump is on his way back and is going to grind his jack boot into the back of you all. And he's going usecall those new IRS agents with guns to come after every lib. Sig heil baby. Trump, God's dictator for life. Well for 10 years anyway. You guys secretly want him to win. That's why your doing all this right? ^_^

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You guys crack me up with your fear mongering. Aren't you guys the ones who keep pointing out that no one, including deniers, ever were able to prove anything?

Your all running scared now cause you all know what's coming. A major fail to upset all your plans to transform America.

Yessire Trump is on his way back and is going to grind his jack boot into the back of you all. And he's going usecall those new IRS agents with guns to come after every lib. Sig heil baby. Trump, God's dictator for life. Well for 10 years anyway. You guys secretly want him to win. That's why your doing all this right? ^_^

What are you talking about?
btw, as Independent, I voted in the AZ republican primary...against the election deniers. So no, I don't want the election deniers...to win.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I am praying for your eyes to be opened as well.:pray:

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

This is not a question of persecution, it is a question of the rule of law. In this case a law that trump himself signed making a felony to possess classified documents outside of his rightful access which does not include his basement after he has left the presidency.
You seem to be joining the crew that says, no big deal, you are not claiming as do the MAGA crew that it is persecution yet, but you are playing into the hands of those promoting anarchy and inequality in the rule of law.
Trump is in violation of his own law, this is already confirmed by the documents he has turned over only under subpoena and only after much negotiation. The lawfully executed warrant is an extension of this. Nobody has presented evidence to the contrary so why are you soft-pedalling it.

Upvote 0