• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wanting to hurt myself tonight

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I failed in therapy today and I feel like I need to harm myself for not doing a better job... I wish I were stronger and could have done a better job at what I was trying to do in therapy today...

...I was trying to remember about my childhood in therapy today, but when I tried to remember, nothing came up. Not one solitary thing, and I just feel awful for that... I should have been stronger and done more to remember. But nothing that I did worked.

God probably hates me right now. I don't know why, but He probably does. That's why He didn't answer my prayers asking him to help me remember.

• Prayers
Reactions: Yusuphhai

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God probably hates me right now. I don't know why, but He probably does.

God hates sin, that is true but he does not and never has hated the repentent sinner.

That God loves you is seen firstly in that you are alive and that he sent Jesus to save you from his judgement.

Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad you posted. Here's the thing about failure. We only fail when we stop trying - when we give up and do nothing. The fact that you said you didn't work hard enough and are upset says you are not a failure, and in fact are working very hard.

I don't know what you are going through or have been through, but I can tell you that with those who have been through trauma, it's not uncommon at all to not be able to remember some periods of their lives. There are other settings where this may occur outside of a childhood trauma, where we can't remember a certain time period. That doesn't constitute failure.

In my opinion, our brains know better than we do, when we are ready to address certain issues in our life. Perhaps right now you can't remember because it's not time to remember. Maybe not remembering right now is God's answer to your prayers, as He wants to prepare you further before letting the memories of your childhood return. Sometimes His no is a not yet rather than a no.

Hang in there. You can get through this, and if you can, give yourself a bit of gentleness to get through your feelings and thoughts about your therapy session and your memory.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I failed in therapy today and I feel like I need to harm myself for not doing a better job... I wish I were stronger and could have done a better job at what I was trying to do in therapy today...

Aw no, you didn't Fail in therapy today - you Tried in therapy today. Lots of people never get that far into therapy at all. You don't need to hurt yourself. You wouldn't hurt or cut someone you love, so don't do that to yourself either.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Friend, How are you doing? I am praying for you and wanted to check on you :]
I'm doing a lot better today, thank you. :) My therapist and I talked about some of this and worked through it and we made a lot of positive progress today. So yeah, I'm doing much better. Thanks for all the support and prayers everyone. :)

Upvote 0