Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay so... I know some people will think that I'm too old for this or think I'm silly or weird for wanting this, but it's something that I can't help. The thing that I'm wanting is a customizable American Girl doll. The only problem with this? The doll is $200 and money does not grow on trees. Like, logically I know that I do not need a doll like this, and yet... the one that I designed looks so pretty. I mean, I mainly want it just because of how it looks, but also because I could make clothes for it as a hobby. Will I end up actually making any clothes for it? Maybe at first, but probably not in the long run and that makes me sad because I really want the doll. But if I'm not making clothes for it, then what else can I really use it for? Ah, the struggles of being grown out of playing with dolls and yet still wanting a doll anyways.

You know, a few months back, I actually bought a book on how to create a doll of my own. The doll looks nothing like an American Girl doll but is, actually, a doll that you can make out of felt material. I was going to design a doll that looks just like the American Girl one except that it would look more like this:
My-Felt-Doll-Cover-Image.jpg

As you can see, my aspirations are big. My skills, on the other hand, might not be up to par with the professionalism that it takes to make a doll look this cute. But there's no use crying about how bad I might be at embroidery or doll-making. Actually, if I'm truthful, I have made some dolls in the past, although I would knit them rather than sew them. But I digress. The point is that I am really wanting a cute doll right now, and the fact that I do not have one is making me very sad. This, in turn, is making me feel incredibly silly due to my age, but what can you do?

I just hope I can get my doll-making materials out of storage soon so I can finally finish my doll and stop feeling so crummy.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Okay so... I know some people will think that I'm too old for this or think I'm silly or weird for wanting this, but it's something that I can't help. The thing that I'm wanting is a customizable American Girl doll. The only problem with this? The doll is $200 and money does not grow on trees. Like, logically I know that I do not need a doll like this, and yet... the one that I designed looks so pretty. I mean, I mainly want it just because of how it looks, but also because I could make clothes for it as a hobby. Will I end up actually making any clothes for it? Maybe at first, but probably not in the long run and that makes me sad because I really want the doll. But if I'm not making clothes for it, then what else can I really use it for? Ah, the struggles of being grown out of playing with dolls and yet still wanting a doll anyways.

You know, a few months back, I actually bought a book on how to create a doll of my own. The doll looks nothing like an American Girl doll but is, actually, a doll that you can make out of felt material. I was going to design a doll that looks just like the American Girl one except that it would look more like this:
My-Felt-Doll-Cover-Image.jpg

As you can see, my aspirations are big. My skills, on the other hand, might not be up to par with the professionalism that it takes to make a doll look this cute. But there's no use crying about how bad I might be at embroidery or doll-making. Actually, if I'm truthful, I have made some dolls in the past, although I would knit them rather than sew them. But I digress. The point is that I am really wanting a cute doll right now, and the fact that I do not have one is making me very sad. This, in turn, is making me feel incredibly silly due to my age, but what can you do?

I just hope I can get my doll-making materials out of storage soon so I can finally finish my doll and stop feeling so crummy.
You'll probably find a doll you'll like on Amazon kid. Enjoy and don't worry about it. You could also try some handicraft books to teach yourself. There are others here who use various software for artistic design. God bless :)

Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you @mukk_in for the comment. :)

And do you guys want to see the doll that I want to get? I'll include a picture right here:
upload_2018-3-7_19-44-37.png

Her name is Molly and right now I'm trying to think up a story for her background. I want her to be a lot like what I would imagine myself to be like in the sixth grade if I was having a normal childhood. Below are some of my brainstorming thoughts. Feel free to read on if you'd like. Or not. That's okay too. :)

So, Molly has two parents who are married and living a happy life, but her family is... unconventional to say the least. Her mother is Muslim while her father is Catholic and so you can see how this could be a bit confusing. At first, Molly just took this as just how things were. But now she is almost 13 years old and she's having an identity crisis. Should she be Catholic like her father or Muslim like her mother? Her parents both say that she does not have to make a decision right now and that they will still love her no matter which religion she decides to choose, but she's feeling impatient about this decision and wanting some kind of resolution to this issue.

And that's where we begin her story. There are other coming-of-age elements thrown into the story as well, but the whole identity thing is where it's mostly focused. I can relate to Molly in many ways because, like her, I also have two families of different religions. My mom's side is Muslim while my father's side is Catholic. It wasn't always like that with me, though. At one time, my dad was Muslim too, but after something happened to him he ended up becoming Catholic again, so that happened. Also, my parents are of different ethnicities and so I had to go through a period of self-identification as well (and I still go through it from time to time). And there's other little touches that I've put into Molly's character, but I'll leave it at that. :) In any case, I think it will be fun to see Molly's journey as she tries to find herself. I wonder where she's going to end up and what that will mean for her future, but just like her parents, I'm not pushing one way or the other. I'm letting her make her own decision for herself (When I create characters, they take on minds of their own, so I'm waiting to see where Molly's mind takes her).

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you @mukk_in for the comment. :)

And do you guys want to see the doll that I want to get? I'll include a picture right here:
View attachment 222544

Her name is Molly and right now I'm trying to think up a story for her background. I want her to be a lot like what I would imagine myself to be like in the sixth grade if I was having a normal childhood. Below are some of my brainstorming thoughts. Feel free to read on if you'd like. Or not. That's okay too. :)

So, Molly has two parents who are married and living a happy life, but her family is... unconventional to say the least. Her mother is Muslim while her father is Catholic and so you can see how this could be a bit confusing. At first, Molly just took this as just how things were. But now she is almost 13 years old and she's having an identity crisis. Should she be Catholic like her father or Muslim like her mother? Her parents both say that she does not have to make a decision right now and that they will still love her no matter which religion she decides to choose, but she's feeling impatient about this decision and wanting some kind of resolution to this issue.

And that's where we begin her story. There are other coming-of-age elements thrown into the story as well, but the whole identity thing is where it's mostly focused. I can relate to Molly in many ways because, like her, I also have two families of different religions. My mom's side is Muslim while my father's side is Catholic. It wasn't always like that with me, though. At one time, my dad was Muslim too, but after something happened to him he ended up becoming Catholic again, so that happened. Also, my parents are of different ethnicities and so I had to go through a period of self-identification as well (and I still go through it from time to time). And there's other little touches that I've put into Molly's character, but I'll leave it at that. :) In any case, I think it will be fun to see Molly's journey as she tries to find herself. I wonder where she's going to end up and what that will mean for her future, but just like her parents, I'm not pushing one way or the other. I'm letting her make her own decision for herself (When I create characters, they take on minds of their own, so I'm waiting to see where Molly's mind takes her).
Sounds and looks great sweetheart. God bless :).

Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0