• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Want to get something off my chest

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Someone5u8, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Someone5u8

Someone5u8 New Member

+11
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Satan took Jesus to the top of a mountain, showed him all the riches in the world and said “I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.”

I’m going through the above temptation, I have been for years now I’ve been struggling financially, I really wish I could say no but I just can’t anymore it’s too hard, I want to be with god and I want to follow his teachings but I’m at the end of my rope with being tempted by wealth I don’t have the strength to hold on anymore.

Does God want me to give into my temptation because i feel like if he didn’t he would stop the temptation of wealth like I’ve asked 50+ times already.

I’m 98% sure by tomorrow I will give in, which isn’t what I want but I don’t know what to do anymore I guess it is what it is

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. BigRed009

BigRed009 New Member

+50
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Matthew 6:25-34 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you-you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

1 Corinthians 10:13
    13No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Someone5u8,

No. God does not want you to give into temptation. God does not temp people into sin. Satan temps people into sin to keep them away from the Lord.

I don't know exactly what your situation is, Someone5u8, but we all struggle with temptation in different ways. Remember to have faith. God will sustain you.

Is there something sinful about the means which you would be acquiring wealth? Or is it about wealth itself?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+3,321
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi someone,

Perhaps you should be a bit more specific as to what exactly you mean concerning this 'taking of wealth'. I mean, God wants you to have enough money to live on. In the Scriptures He tells us that if a man doesn't work he doesn't eat. Surely God means by that a man should work and earn a living that will provide for his basic needs. God also says that a believer that doesn't provide for his family is worse than an unbeliever. I believe we should easily glean from that, that God doesn't want us to be destitute and living in abject poverty as we live this life.

Finally, God's word says that the 'love' of money is the root of all evil. Not just money itself. It's how you cherish, or not, money in your heart.

God bless,
    In Christ, ted

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,721
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    How are you being tempted by wealth, and why do you feel it wrong to take this wealth?

5. Someone5u8

Someone5u8 New Member

+11
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    No it’s not sinful/dishonest/illegal ect it’s about wealth itself

6. Someone5u8

Someone5u8 New Member

+11
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I’m working on a business

7. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+6,567
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's ok to go into business for yourself, be an entrepreneur, or be your own boss. That's ok. It's good to have enough to make ends meet, a little to save for the future, and some to give away.

But chasing wealth, demanding wealth, hoarding wealth, making deals with Satan to get rich, etc., are all destructive, and lead us away from Christ. Don't love money, but licitly work for it, save a bit, and enjoy your job.

Does that help?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Someone5u8

Someone5u8 New Member

+11
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I feel like I need to give into Satan for my business to flourish

9. gospels

gospels Active Member Supporter

+287
    India
    Christian
    Single
    You can be wealthy in a healthy way. It is a struggle but please hold on to the one who will give you eternal wealth. Satan is a liar. It only comes to deceive and steal your soul. It has nothing to offer but pain and destruction at the end. Your soul and body is more valuable than any wealth. I would suggest you to fast and pray to overcome and be strengthened. Pray for wisdom and Holy Spirit. Wisdom is the greatest wealth one can have and Holy Spirit is the greatest gift that God delights to give His children. Do not trust and hope in wealth.

Better the little that the righteous have than the riches of many wicked. Psalm 37:16

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it. Proverbs 13:11

A stingy man hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him. Proverbs 28:22

Do not toil to acquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist. Proverbs 23:4

Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death. Proverbs 11:4

He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity. Ecclesiastes 5:10

There is a grievous evil that I have seen under the sun: riches were kept by their owner to his hurt. Ecclesiastes 5:13

“How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” Mark 10:23

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. 1 Timothy 6:10

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  10. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,721
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Ok, I can see that this is hard on you. If you like, you can send me the details, I'll gain the wealth and give you only a little above what you need to survive. This way, you will never need anything, and you wont be burdens by wealth?

My only condition is that no one else is harmed in this pursuit to wealth.

11. BigRed009

BigRed009 New Member

+50
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I'm working on a business too.

Creating or having wealth isn't sinful. It's about where your heart is. You should ask yourself what you'd be doing with that wealth:

Would you be using this wealth to advance God's Kingdom by using it to support the Church and Christian causes to spread the Word to more people?

Would you use this wealth selflessly to help others and not expect anything in return? Would you thank God for this wealth and ask God to direct you on how to use it for Him?

(These are all rhetorical questions, btw)

Money is a resource. It's the love of money that's sinful and dangerous. Whether we have money or not, our hearts should be for God.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. SaintNick

SaintNick Member

+201
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I am currently developing my own video game and I notice that the games all have symbolism relating to the pyramid or eye of Horus and they make worldly success. The all seeing eye etc.

Personally I would refuse to adapt or adopt those methods of achieving success. But I am also sustained by the Lord currently. My game probably won't make a fraction of what I'd like it to but hopefully the Lord will allow me to continue to create what I enjoy doing if not, I'll have to find an alternative.

13. BigRed009

BigRed009 New Member

+50
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Remember. Our true treasure lies with Jesus Christ, who gives us eternal life. The world and the things in it are temporary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. Someone5u8

Someone5u8 New Member

+11
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I’ve never actually noticed that, could you give some examples?

15. Joined2krist

Joined2krist Well-Known Member

+497
    Catholic
    Single
    Satan isn't the source of wealth, he's a liar that claims to be. God is the source of wealth, He's the one who gives us the power to become wealthy. Do you remember the story of Solomon? God asked him what he wanted and he said wisdom, God added wealth to it. But this didn't happen out of the blues, Solomon gave a sacrifice to the Lord. Do you tithe? read Malachi 3, if you've not started tithing, I'm encouraging you to start doing it, don't believe the devil's lies, he's a cheat, believe in God, "give and it will be given unto to you" God bless

16. LaBèlla

LaBèlla His little lady

+2,688
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    God calls people to the marketplace to develop businesses that address problems and fund the work He wants to accomplish.

My background is in finance. But He called me to fashion. I wouldn’t be able to pursue if it weren’t for the spoil from finance. That’s funded my mission and everything I need to do for its accomplishment.

The reason you’re struggling is because you’re focusing on your condition rather than the thing He’s trying to do through you.

You’re allowing the lack to seduce you into compromises that will destroy the work and everything else. That’s his aim.

The business is becoming your avenue of redemption. But not as God intends. You’re thinking of the spoil and everything you’ll have if you’re successful. The limited perspective you have about your Creator is evident in that stance.

If you take care of His business He’ll take care of you. Everything under the heavens is His. He will multiply your harvest in ways you’d never imagine. But you need to get your priorities straight and get on God’s page and off your own.

There’s nothing too hard for Him. No desire you have that He isn’t aware of. What’s wrong with you? How could you forsake that? Where do you think the idea came from? Who provided you with the capacity for its accomplishment? That’s all Him. Did you think it was you? Not!

Your contemplation of involving Satan is illegitimate and won’t bear fruit. Not the sort He creates or rewards. So choose wisely.

In case you require further proof, look at Joseph. There was one thread that ran through his story. One sentence repeatedly mentioned so the reader would get it in his spirit and never forget.

And the Lord was with him...

Not across the street. Not on another call. But right beside him throughout his hardship. Through every tear and frustration he bore.

When the time was right the Lord delivered him and raised him above everyone save Pharaoh. You must wait for your elevation and be willing to endure the valley because it has a purpose and you’re going to miss it.

This is where you develop the strength and conviction to your call. Its where your prayer muscles are refined and honed through trials and tribulations. This is where you prove you’re committed.

If you skip it you’ll never last. You won’t have the foundation to survive what awaits. If Satan can’t take you out in the valley he’ll try to make you ineffective on the mountain. But you don’t reach the summit without a climb. And there’s no elevator involved. You’ll walk it out.

Everything you’re enduring is part of your development. Success means bigger devils and challenges. If you want to survive, stay the course and keep your eyes on Him. Not on what’s to come. He’s already taken care of it. You can’t see it yet. :)

17. Andrew77

Andrew77 The walking accident Supporter

+1,209
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I need a ton more context to this. What are we talking about? Are you about to take a hit job to assassinate someone for millions of dollars? Are you going to start a Meth lab, to make money selling drugs?

I need context? Who is giving you money, for what?

18. Of the Kingdom

Of the Kingdom Member

+150
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome, Someone5u8, to the forum. I hear your concern about the conflict between the flesh and the spirit. I will pray that you are able to succeed in your financial affairs by making an honest effort to improve the lives of those you serve. Jesus, please bless and encourage Someone5u8 to act morally and righteously as he pursues his career.

19. Follower3

Follower3 Newbie

+143
    Christian
    Single
    What exactly are you giving into? >_>

20. Reborn1977

Reborn1977 Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM Supporter

+100
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If you give in to Satan to make anything in your life "flourish" or better, the flourishing and good times will be very short-lived and then Satan will be there to collect his pound of flesh.

Beware...

Poverty, Satan, Anger, Frustration... perhaps you should read my blog entry...

Generational Curses, Prayer To Renounce Evil, And Forgiveness | Christian Forums