Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There has been an accidental discovery I have been able to interepret very strange dreams so I am looking to interpret more. All I ask is no invented dreams be presented as they must be genuine to make analyzing them worth our efforts. Some interpretations may hurt your feelings if you are thin skinned and I will abide by the rules but will be honest about what I see.

This is in E+M because every dream of conflict inherently involves one or the other. So....take a chance!!

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay....

You tell me what my dream was, and then the interpretation. Then I will know it is from God.

Could you show how your question relates to the OP? (I never claimed to know the events of the dreams prior to people stating them. I also never said an interpretation would come from God. I do believe I clearly stated they would come from me.)

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All I can usually remember about my dreams are snippets. If they are fully plotted, with beginnings, middles, and endings, I can't recall it. The dreams I do recall most often are variations of the "examination dream." I'm back in school, and I suddenly realize I have an imminent exam, or a paper, or some other assignment due, and I haven't been to any of the classes, or prepared in any way. I've read that it's a pretty common dream in people who've been in school for any length of time. (Even Freud wrote about it, IIRC). I've been out of school 35 years, and I still get this dream. I'm sure it just reflects anxiety about some upcoming task or obligation. I've also dreamt that I'm supposed to leave for a trip, and I haven't packed, I can't find any tickets, or I'm stranded somewhere without transportation. I suspect this is a variation on the same theme.

Upvote 0

Mystman

Atheist with a Reason
Jun 24, 2005
✟22,286.00
Faith
Atheist
Levitation is also my common dream (still not extremely common, but I have it a few times per year). It would consist out of me doing my normal thing in my normal surroundings, only now I can levitate. (floating over your house etc.... ).

Not a dream per se, but a few times per year I also "dream" that there is a giant spider in my bed and jump out of it hysterically. Then my parents come along to see what's up, I sorta realize "oh wait... there's nothing wrong", and go back to sleep. The next morning I always wonder whether the episode really happened or whether I was dreaming the entire thing.. thus far, it has always really happened -__-

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a question for the OP.

Have you read an of Carl Jung's work?

If not, I should tell you that he heavily warns against novice dream interpretation because it takes a long time to build of the skill and knowledge of symbolism to properly interpret dreams.

I've read "Man and his Symbols", Its an eye opening book. :)

Dream interpretation is not a science and Jung was concerned about people being exploited during vulnerable episodes and thus taken advantage of. My interpretations have no ulterior motive nor malevolent agenda and people can say im whacked and way off base and I wont argue.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All I can usually remember about my dreams are snippets. If they are fully plotted, with beginnings, middles, and endings, I can't recall it. The dreams I do recall most often are variations of the "examination dream." I'm back in school, and I suddenly realize I have an imminent exam, or a paper, or some other assignment due, and I haven't been to any of the classes, or prepared in any way. I've read that it's a pretty common dream in people who've been in school for any length of time. (Even Freud wrote about it, IIRC). I've been out of school 35 years, and I still get this dream. I'm sure it just reflects anxiety about some upcoming task or obligation. I've also dreamt that I'm supposed to leave for a trip, and I haven't packed, I can't find any tickets, or I'm stranded somewhere without transportation. I suspect this is a variation on the same theme.

The dreams I've interpreted don't have a full plot but a sequence of bizarre events so this is slightly different from what I've done as it is more of a recurrence but I will give it a shot.

It doesn't seem like anxiety of being unprepared is the underlying issue. The combination of the test and trip indicates being on a path different than one desired. Not being packed for the trip shows a resistance to "going" somewhere you do not wish to go, which is a return to your current path. This coincides with not being prepared for the test because passing the test means moving in a direction you do not seek. I can only guess you had aspirations in school but were steered away from them by life changing events or being told by authority figures you were chasing a dream and you should seek more realistic goals.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I frequently dream about having the ability to levitate.

I frequently dream about missing classes, forgetting to do homework, or having to return to high school after 25 years.

The combination of the two indicates regret on some level. Don't criticize yourself so harshly because we all make mistakes and as much as you would like to fly away or go back in time, neither one can be literally accomplished. However, you can go back in time on a figuratve level by looking at past choices and finding a way to not repeat choices that produced ill consequences. You've probably done much better in life than your self perception.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Levitation is also my common dream (still not extremely common, but I have it a few times per year). It would consist out of me doing my normal thing in my normal surroundings, only now I can levitate. (floating over your house etc.... ).

Not a dream per se, but a few times per year I also "dream" that there is a giant spider in my bed and jump out of it hysterically. Then my parents come along to see what's up, I sorta realize "oh wait... there's nothing wrong", and go back to sleep. The next morning I always wonder whether the episode really happened or whether I was dreaming the entire thing.. thus far, it has always really happened -__-

I have no idea.

Upvote 0

Spaceman_Spiff

CthulhuAce
Oct 10, 2004
Scarberia
✟17,466.00
Faith
Atheist
One of my favorite dreams:

a couple of friends and I were being chased by Werewolves ("The Howling" kind, not "An American Werewolf in London" kind) and the only way to kill them was to stab them in the heart with a sharpened pencil (don't ask).

One by one my friends were all eventually picked off but we had killed all but 1 werewolf.
He had me against a tree and I stabbed him in the heart and he crumpled and died.
A few minutes later the werewolves all got up, transformed back to humans, pulled the pencils out of their chests, looked at me and said "Your turn". I started to turn into a werewolf and I woke up.

Funnest dream EVER!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One of my favorite dreams:

a couple of friends and I were being chased by Werewolves ("The Howling" kind, not "An American Werewolf in London" kind) and the only way to kill them was to stab them in the heart with a sharpened pencil (don't ask).

One by one my friends were all eventually picked off but we had killed all but 1 werewolf.
He had me against a tree and I stabbed him in the heart and he crumpled and died.
A few minutes later the werewolves all got up, transformed back to humans, pulled the pencils out of their chests, looked at me and said "Your turn". I started to turn into a werewolf and I woke up.

Funnest dream EVER!

Were they #2 pencils? Lol...just kidding!

Seriously, prior to killing the last werewolf, were you scared and/or were you aware of what would happen upon penciling in the last kill?

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had no clue that would happen and yes I was scared. The kill was pretty much a lucky shot

It seems the dream was a revelation of responsibility and positive change. The villains were you and your friends, not the werewolves. Running for your life was the feeling of dying under the pressure of a facade, mainly the costumes we all wear in the public arena. There are darker sides to us and you were resisting facing it and that is why you saw yourself and your friends as others would out in public. The pencils represented the temporal nature of both your public and private self perceptions and being backed up against the source of pencils (tree) gave the confidence of never running out of ammunition. The pencils also represented links in the chains of commonality between people we both like and dislike.

The lucky shot was not really luck, but total surprise. You did not think you had the courage to face yourself but when you killed the last werewolf the next event was you becoming a werewolf thereby steering yourself to face issues you did not want to face before due to fear of the unknown. Being the last human to survive the rampage does not signify any special Rambo skill but only the admission that what you had to face could only be done by you. Your friends could help, but at the end of the day you acknowledged you had to take the leap on your own. You found what was necessary to take "your turn" on revealing to the people closest to you the werewolf inside you've been hiding.

Through this you have found the necessary self confidence needed to take the responible actions required for positive change. As you opened yourself up it gave others the courage to take their turn.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
So, I didn't share my dream openly in the thread, but I did PM RDNS to see if he could interpret a recurring "theme" in some dreams that I have. I just have to say that I put as much faith in "dream interpretation" as I do tarot card reading, fortune telling, palm reading, etc.

BUT, I must admit, I was pleasantly suprised with the results. Kudos, RealDealNeverStop. :O)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.