NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep...I watch all these type of videos where people are living the "simple" life. It all looks so great. Log cabin in the woods...out in nature. What could be better?

Scotty ...I have come to the conclusion that I was a dreamer. lol
I realized that "simple" life of off grid living is not so simple. Those people seem to be working at their homesteads from morning till night? I don't really consider that "simple". lol

I consider having lots of free time to pray and read much more free and simple.

I men I love James Taylor and a log fire and a secluded cabin just as much as the next guy...but I don't want to hunt for all my food and make clothes from scratch and work from morning till bedtime Scotty :)
My grandparents lived that live in Canada. I've heard all the stories of how hard life was.

But I like the idea of it in a modified version where there are fruit trees and manna falling from the sky. lol And plenty of time to learn and grow in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yep...I watch all these type of videos where people are living the "simple" life. It all looks so great. Log cabin in the woods...out in nature. What could be better?

Scotty ...I have come to the conclusion that I was a dreamer. lol
I realized that "simple" life of off grid living is not so simple. Those people seem to be working at their homesteads from morning till night? I don't really consider that "simple". lol

I consider having lots of free time to pray and read much more free and simple.

I men I love James Taylor and a log fire and a secluded cabin just as much as the next guy...but I don't want to hunt for all my food and make clothes from scratch and work from morning till bedtime Scotty :)
My grandparents lived that live in Canada. I've heard all the stories of how hard life was.

But I like the idea of it in a modified version where there are fruit trees and manna falling from the sky. lol And plenty of time to learn and grow in the Lord.
My family was all raised this way and I was for the first few years. There is a lot of things I would like to keep, Like my AC and gas heat. lol But it was "better' In the way that people were just more loving and caring back then, We are pretty spoiled today and I think God that I don't have to get up and go milk anymore lol

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Just what I'm looking for! I will live in my van and need some place as a domicile where are these?
Just some pics off the net that reminded me of home :]

Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I need a spot of land I won't have to mow or chase snakes out of (or bears for that matter)... but since I will just use the address ??? A cottage was more to my liking but in MO there were people who had log cabins (modern ones)... and of course in Branson you can go through the old village with them.... 6" thick logs and good pitch with a fireplace makes it toasty in winter. ;)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah...I agree with what you're sayin.

Hey....check this out.

This gent built his Log Cabin all by himself. I was pretty impressed.

Love it. I wish I was that talented lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
If there's proper insulation, then sure. I'd have no problems with an old-fashioned log cabin. I'd prefer indoor plumbing, too. Or is that being too spoiled? Y'all's can have the outhouse. :)
An outhouse with a sears and roebuck catalog was pure entertainment. The ugly and expensive clothing pages always went first.. lol

• Haha
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem with the old homesteads was the holes made by animals, mice in the rice, snakes in the bed, and if it could find a hole big enough the occasional curious coon in the kitchen. Bugs that crawl and fly had no restriction and ants in the pants.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem with the old homesteads was the holes made by animals, mice in the rice, snakes in the bed, and if it could find a hole big enough the occasional curious coon in the kitchen. Bugs that crawl and fly had no restriction and ants in the pants.
I agree, Blacksnakes in the open rafters above the bed make for an uncomfortable night, But they did eat mice. :]

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0