• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Walmart will stop selling 'All Lives Matter' merchandise

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Johnboy53, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Johnboy53

Johnboy53 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,307
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Walmart will stop the sale of "All Lives Matter'' merchandise on its website, noting that it is putting its emphasis on Black people and other people of color whose lives are being "impacted by ongoing racial injustice.''

The nation's largest retailer is removing the items which are sold by third-party sellers "indefinitely,'' after hearing from some employees and customers who were concerned about the meaning behind the merchandise.

Walmart ends sale of All Lives Matter merchandise indefinitely

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+2,093
    Christian
    Married
    (Shrugs) Okay. It's not like people that REALLY want them can't get them elsewhere.

They have every right to stop selling them of course. That's just how it is.

3. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+3,713
    Christian
    This entire year has been nothing but an ingrowing toenail; a stalwart migraine - and a REALLY really annoying song that just keeps playing over and over again on the inside of your ear canal (if only the verse could just progress!)

I don't know what's actually been more painful. I'm fed up with everything in current society. (All is good from an Interpersonal standpoint.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+28,717
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I think they finally understood that black lives matter, I think a lot of people completely miss the point.:sigh:
    But,maybe people will start to listen.

5. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+3,139
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    A text book example of mob rule.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. ReesePiece23

+3,713
    Christian
    It'd help if people made somewhat of an attempt to explain it maturely without getting all high and mighty with sarcastic anecdotes and vague one liners.

I don't mean to get salty there, it's just been a very tedious experience. I understand it, but I'm not sure that the ones shouting the slogans are doing it justice. It leaves more room for misunderstanding than UNDERSTANDING.

7. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+3,582
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    What about the small sized t-shirts that only had room for 'lives matter'? Would they be banned if they said Matthew 22:35-40 ?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+3,528
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Or....marketing strategy?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Handmaid for Jesus

+28,717
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Really? Well, there are several threads where it has been explained, imho, "maturely". I think people understand what they want to understand. Yes there are some bad actors, but hopefully the message is getting through.

10. zippy2006

zippy2006 Dragonsworn

+1,832
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    It is rather hypocritical to see the same people who defend the phrase "Black lives matter" on grammatical grounds to oppose the phrase "All lives matter" on ideological grounds. Neither sentence, interpreted grammatically, is inherently problematic. The fact that we're at the level of Walmart censorship is inane.

11. timothyu

+3,582
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Thats how laying on the guilt trips work. Suddenly free speech and the like are not kosher.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,595
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    As somebody that doesn't believe in the monotheistic God, I have to ask "matters to whom"? The universe views us with pitiless indifference (go to any childhood cancer ward), and its hard to see how any of our lives "matter" in an objective sense. We can only actually matter to actual persons.

So while I do share the sentiments of BLM, I just see the phrase itself as a strange artifact of a god-haunted world.

13. ReesePiece23

+3,713
    Christian
    I probably miss 90% of threads - what I can't unfortunately miss are confusing messages from loud people.

14. Handmaid for Jesus

+28,717
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Yeah. A lot of people have problems with that. But people have been trying to get folks attention for years by being quiet. ^_^ It doesn't work.

15. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+3,515
    Seeker
    A store refusing to sell a certain product is not ‘censorship’.

You can still buy it somewhere else. Wal-Mart is not obligated to sell any particular item.

16. Nithavela

Nithavela What would Nurgle do?

+11,587
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    That's what you get when you don't end the world in 2012 like it's supposed to.

17. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Wo-choo-lookin-at?

+394
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    It's a business/money/profits decision. They're scared of being labelled 'racist' and becoming the focus of a boycott.

18. zippy2006

zippy2006 Dragonsworn

+1,832
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    It sure is. Ideological pressure led Walmart to take an item off their shelves. Censorship is a larger concept than just government censorship. Churches, communities, and stores can engage in it as well as nations.

19. timothyu

+3,582
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Curious what purpose advertising their 'good will' had. Products disappear everyday without a whimper. Why the show of benevolence? Could it be they, like Target, are not fireproof either?

20. Handmaid for Jesus

+28,717
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I think they are probably noticing where their dollars come from. And what business does not cater to their clientele? Black dollars matter. :)