• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Walking on the Water

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by quietbloke, May 23, 2020.

1. quietbloke

quietbloke Brother in Christ Supporter

+40,998
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Jesus walking on the water (John 6:16-24) 'Here comes Jesus,see Him walking on the water. He'll lift you up and cause you to stand. Here comes Jesus,He's the Master of the waves that roll. Here comes Jesus,He'll make you whole'. This is the 5th sign miracle in the public ministry of Jesus. The disciples were alone in their boat and it was dark and a storm was brewing up,on the Lake of Galilee. Jesus was not with them,but suddenly He was seen by them,walking on the water towards them. The disciples did not at first recognise Him and were afraid. But Jesus said,' It is I,don't be afraid!' Jesus stilled the storm and calmed the waves and He guided them to safe harbour. Jesus still calms the troubled sea in our lives. He brings peace and calm and will take us on to our final destination!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+25,364
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Peace and calm is what is needed in this troubled world. The lockdown has kept us safe and also given us time to be peaceful and feel the calm.
    God bless us all and our neighbours and friends, also those outside our community.

3. quietbloke

+40,998
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Amen! May the peace of the LORD that passes all understanding guard our heart and mind this day and forever more!

4. quietbloke

+40,998
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The Son of God has control over the elements! He has the authority to still storms and calm waves!

5. musicalpilgrim

+25,364
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    When I was younger, I used to imagine walking along the beach when Jesus was on earth and listening to the conversations going on. I would feel the sand, smell the sea and watch the crowds, day dreaming really, but it seemed to be so real and the stories came alive to me.

[​IMG] walking on water

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. quietbloke

+40,998
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Wonderful,wonderful Jesus!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. quietbloke

+40,998
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Who can compare with Jesus?'

8. quietbloke

+40,998
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    There is no-one like our Jesus!

9. rocknanchor

rocknanchor How the Lord Hears You - James 4:3 Supporter

+5,229
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    You know how the Apostle put it, to not let any of us think of ourselves any higher than we ought, but according to the grace God has given each of us, individually. Well, we know Peter bid the Lord for him to come and also walk on the water. Well, there it is! Today, they would implore Peter to start a series for Sunday school,

'Water Walkers Class', or 'Faith Over Fear Class' or some sort of offering. But nothing of the sort was even suggested in God's word.

So what is that element that separates the 'bidding' from the 'grace' taking root within the Church? To me, both the 'grace' and the Lord are the same. When God grants the grace for us to increase upon, that is the portion God has decided to be best for us. But doesn't that really add up to that final environment we have recorded, , living a "quiet and peaceable" life adorned in the power of God. What a beautifully contented and humble walk with the Lord!!

10. musicalpilgrim

+25,364
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    That is so true, and I can just imagine the 'water walking class' I chuckle at the
    thought.
    When God grants the grace for us to increase upon, that is the portion God has decided to be best for us.
    This thought is going to stay with me all day.