Walking Impeachment To The Senate

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This constitutes the only part of your post worth illustrating:

The vehicle in which Vindman was traveling got blown up by an IED, injuring him. Which is different than falling on the ground.

If you can't respond without misrepresenting what I said, Barb, then don't respond at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's the political equivalent of a liturgical procession. I'm surprised the didn't have incense.
On the other hand, this procession with this particular cast of characters has been described as looking like a "perp walk." Viewing it on TV as I did, I can see why that impression might have been given.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you can't respond without misrepresenting what I said, Barb, then don't respond at all.

Just pointing out that "hitting the ground wrong" and getting blown up by an IED are quite different things.

I have two long pins holding my ankle together, from jumping out of a vehicle and hitting the ground wrong. But no one offered me a purple heart.

There was a story going around about some guy who had a typewriter fall on him, getting a purple heart thereby. Don't know it it was true, but he would have the same claim to one that we have.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If and I say IF Trump wins the 2020 election and IF the Republicans take back the House I think it would be good if the news networks played the clip of this walk again at least for one whole day, and the question are you sure now it was such a great idea?

And if that doesn't happen, perhaps we should play all the defensive schemes by republicans, with the same question.

As Biden said, the impeachment is likely to make it harder to defeat Trump. And most democrats know it. But there's also a matter right and wrong that is more important than political considerations. That makes no sense to Trump and most republican leaders these days, but there it is.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And if that doesn't happen, perhaps we should play all the defensive schemes by republicans, with the same question.

As Biden said, the impeachment is likely to make it harder to defeat Trump. And most democrats know it. But there's also a matter right and wrong that is more important than political considerations. That makes no sense to Trump and most republican leaders these days, but there it is.
I didn't just say Trump. I said IF the Republicans won the House too. If they lose the House that's a direct message to them not Trump. And I get it. You're committed to believe that what the Democratic politicians did they did so for noble reasons. Others think differently.

And you should consider.....when the Democratic politicians had a agenda minutes before he took office to impeach him and even before he did take office by putting their stamp of approval on voter recounts it makes it mighty hard for a huge number of the public not to consider something is amiss with their motives. Anything, anything, anything to get rid of him. Does that make many believe they're up front?

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just pointing out that "hitting the ground wrong" and getting blown up by an IED are quite different things.

But that isn't what you said, is it? You intentionally misrepresented my comment, and there is a word for such activity.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

But that isn't what you said, is it?

Actually, that's what you said. Would you like me to show you? Let's take a look. You said:

the initial cause of why I was there was a result of combat the injury I suffered was due to the fact I hit the ground wrong.

As I said, someone supposedly got a purple heart for having a typewriter fall on him, so you'd probably qualify at least as well. More, if people happened to be shooting at you, at the time. But you have to admit that being wounded by an improvised explosive device would be more in line with the purpose of awarding a purple heart.

I'm not saying you don't deserve it; it took years before my ankle was finally back to original shape, so I'm not unsympathetic. A fall can indeed cause long-term difficulties. I just think that getting hit by enemy weaponry is surely a better reason to award a Purple Heart.[/QUOTE]

Anyway, this is beginning to look silly. So if you think I minimized your suffering or disability as a result of hitting the ground wrong. My apologies. Wasn't my intention.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't just say Trump. I said IF the Republicans won the House too. If they lose the House that's a direct message to them not Trump. And I get it. You're committed to believe that what the Democratic politicians did they did so for noble reasons.

It's kind of like where a guy flips off a cop (which is perfectly legal, the Supreme Court says) and then runs a red light. If the cop pulls him over, is that abuse of power? I don't think so, even if the cop was offended by the gesture.

Others think differently.

According to Fox News, most Americans don't...
c4e2f678-5.png

And you should consider.....when the Democratic politicians had a agenda minutes before he took office to impeach him and even before he did take office by putting their stamp of approval on voter recounts

Typically, in close races, the losing side asks for recounts. I don't see how that's a call for impeachment, though.

Anything, anything, anything to get rid of him.

That's what Nixon said as they close in on him. At some point, that's all a criminal has left. But it was the criminal behavior that took him down. If Trump goes down, it will be the same.

Upvote 0