Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
A number of people here see visions like this. A couple of times a month I see visions just as I am waking up. This has been happening for a number of years- 10+. See http://www.christianforums.com/t7529622/ for a recent example.

The first time it happened I saw a cobra sitting on our bed with its back arched, facing my wife asleep in the bed next to me. I pulled out every rebuking Christian phrase I knew whilst trying not to wake my wife & freak her out.

Initially I thought this was some kind of demon. But I eventually saw it as a vision from the Lord, in that instance revealing that my wife was being confronted with deception in some situation. I have a had a few visitations from demons & I am getting better at discerning when it's some being there vesus a vision revealing something. Like any message I believe is from God I have to test it & I don't make major decisions based on a vision or dream only.

I used to often see strange looking animals like a chook with doves wings, humanoid figures with distorted faces (I think some of these may have been some kind of demonic manifestation), holes in the ceiling which turned into a room etc. For me these things will often move in a certain direction e.g. left to right, up or down, or ocilate.

Shapes & numbers are a little more rare for me. For numbers you may want to look at the following posts:
http://www.christianforums.com/t7279141/
http://www.christianforums.com/t7440208/

My dreams lately are haunted, as they almost always have been. I dream of the great tribulation and the 10 nations of the beast blaspheming God and raising up the antichrist. I dream of Babylon and its harlot, and I see the martyrdom of many Christians. I believe that a lot of it has to do with my own research on these matters, but it doesn't explain why I'm waking up and seeing these strange things.
It would probably be helpful for you to pull back on your research into the end times for a season. What about looking at some themes like the love of God, the finished work of Christ, forgiveness, the righteousness of Christ? We can always grow in our understanding of these. Then when your boat has stopped rocking & you feel more secure, you can hoist the flag again, keeping an even keel.

If you would like to create separate threads on any of your dreams or visions, people here could help you understand them.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A couple of times a month I see visions just as I am waking up.
Helpful.

One of the things to remember, is that the visions themselves cannot hurt you. God is your shield and defender, your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.

No weapon formed against you shall prosper.

A vision of horrid persecution can sober us to see our comfortable lives in comparison with those less fortunate. It can also keep us on our toes spiritually.

You can take this information, and pray ahead. Ask God to make you ready, to find ways that your time on earth can be effective with Him working through you, even if you find yourself in these frightening situations. You can live like Daniel in the fiery furnace, in the lion's den; or like apostles bitten by snakes (and mistaken for a god?). God wants to show His intervention during crises, so ask Him to become a part of this.

Upvote 0

Eurasia

Living in hybrid space
Apr 6, 2007
Australia
✟18,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That happened to me a couple of times, and sometimes I see people's faces (not sure who they are though) before I drift off to sleep. I guess I should ask God who these people are. For instance, last night I saw some man as I closed my eyes. Anyone experienced this before?

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You may be dealing with harrassing spirits that are attached to the endtime evil and wickedness. Playing a little intimidate the the saints game if you will. Also if you have "crossed" the wrong occultic person or group they may be spiritually harassing you. And this could be brought about by something as basic as a post you have logged on the internet or something spoken to a spy from the other side.

Pray into this and see what the Lord reveals to you. Whenever one does research into the endtimes one needs to strike a balance between the Word Of God and the beauty of the Lord along with the actual history and current evil actions of those in power. jmo

Upvote 0

john_witte

Mar 14, 2011
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
What you are describing is not good if you are a not a Christian. You should ask Jesus that if He is Real, then to save you and reveal Himself to you. Really need to recognize your sin though and ask Him to forgive you of it. If you are already a Christian, I would pray for the Lord's blood to cover you and direct your heart to the Lord and the Father and ask them to protect you and reveal to you the source of what you are experiencing. A good rule would be, as soon as one of these instances occurs, begin to pray to Jesus in a simple, yet sincere way and then see if the manifestations continue or go away. If you do not experience a deep calm and peace enter your spirit while you observe these manifestations and even after they end, that is not good...

Upvote 0

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God will give people different type of dreams, that doesn't mean one is crazy it just means that God has chosen to given you a certain particular dream type. My advice is to write down what you see, pray and ask God to help you interpret those dreams, and also try and find information about what you see in your dreams.

Upvote 0