Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the temptation of all of our hearts to take things into our own hands, that we want things to be settled our way, that we be in the driver seat, to be in control, and not to wait for God’s timing. But falling in such temptation does not honour the God who knows you by name. You can make the clock strike before the hour by putting your hand there, but it would strike wrong. You can tear open a rosebud before its time but you will mar its beauty. Even so, we may spoil the many gifts God has prepared for us because of our haste, but if we patiently wait upon God, God’s plan and timing is always perfect.

I have to confess that there are parts of the scripture when I get to it, I groan. When I get to Job, I start praying, “Lord help me! I’m going to read through Job,” and yet Job’s endurance motivates me to endure; Job’s patience encourages me to be patient; Job’s waiting on God’s timing helps me and motivates me to wait for God’s timing. It may take a whole lot longer than you or I want it, but God always keeps his promises

Sometimes in our eagerness to change our circumstances in our way and time, we don’t see how God is working in so many fronts all at the same time so that the blessing can be revealed and his purpose be fulfilled. God is never in a hurry to carry out his promises, He rather makes all things beautiful in His time.

For true believers who love the Lord, Romans 8:28 has been a pillar on which many weary heads have rested. Paul is saying to us this very day that without a shadow of a doubt, God is working ceaselessly and purposefully in all areas of our lives (the bad, the good, and everything in-between) to weave out a beautiful and magnificent tapestry.

Waiting on the Lord

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the temptation of all of our hearts to take things into our own hands, that we want things to be settled our way, that we be in the driver seat, to be in control, and not to wait for God’s timing. But falling in such temptation does not honour the God who knows you by name. You can make the clock strike before the hour by putting your hand there, but it would strike wrong. You can tear open a rosebud before its time but you will mar its beauty. Even so, we may spoil the many gifts God has prepared for us because of our haste, but if we patiently wait upon God, God’s plan and timing is always perfect.

I have to confess that there are parts of the scripture when I get to it, I groan. When I get to Job, I start praying, “Lord help me! I’m going to read through Job,” and yet Job’s endurance motivates me to endure; Job’s patience encourages me to be patient; Job’s waiting on God’s timing helps me and motivates me to wait for God’s timing. It may take a whole lot longer than you or I want it, but God always keeps his promises

Sometimes in our eagerness to change our circumstances in our way and time, we don’t see how God is working in so many fronts all at the same time so that the blessing can be revealed and his purpose be fulfilled. God is never in a hurry to carry out his promises, He rather makes all things beautiful in His time.

For true believers who love the Lord, Romans 8:28 has been a pillar on which many weary heads have rested. Paul is saying to us this very day that without a shadow of a doubt, God is working ceaselessly and purposefully in all areas of our lives (the bad, the good, and everything in-between) to weave out a beautiful and magnificent tapestry.

Waiting on the Lord

A thought I had about Job is that what happened to Job happens in bits and pieces to us all -- we all do lose loved ones to passing on, as Job did. We all lose material possessions as Job did, and in the end of life all our possessions are nothing to us, old things no longer of value to us.
Like Job, we sometimes get falsely accused or people thinking we've done something we did not, and/or people guessing wrongly about our faults....
We all suffer some physical ailments at times. We know that ultimately one day this body will be failing (if the Lord does not return first!).

27 Why do you say, O Jacob,
and speak, O Israel,
“My way is hidden from the LORD,
and my right is disregarded by my God”?
28 Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
31 but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40 ESV

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟541,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Waiting on the Lord
Good topic.
---
We need to be reminded of 'His timing'..
- when we wait on the Lord.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Waiting on the Lord ---

The OP does present this concept correct, but I regularly run across this concept presented incorrectly.

There are times when things need to come to pass. In that sense we need to sometimes wait on the Lord

However, you don't need to wait on the Lord to get an answer from Him. There is something written about the Lord not being slow to answer like you think. So we ask and we get an answer. I if you though you could ask and get an answer you will find that He had already given you the answer, you just didn't know it. Either way we don't need to wait to get an answer from Him, though the answer might be you need to wait while things comes to pass.

I just wanted to point that out because I often run across Christian who tell me they are waiting to hear from the Lord. Well, that is just wrong. That is a lack of faith, that the Lord is there and will talk to you.

• Informative
Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2019
Denver
✟942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a paste from my recent blog post about waiting. I wrote it earlier today.
You've set me for the evening in studying the Book of Job!

I often find myself becoming frustrated when plans don’t follow through. There’s been more of that going on than plans and promises that are kept. Both on my part and other peoples in my life.

Often I will arrange to meet someone the following day, only for that person to cancel on me, or for me to no longer feel like I can stick to the words I uttered when I arranged to meet them.

This can stem anywhere from random people I’ve just met, to close family members and fellow Christians.

Before realising my true calling before God, I used to blame myself for this inconsistency of character. Even when it’s the other party who fail to keep their side of the deal.

Only today, I had arranged with two people (one of whom a Christian) to attend a big event outside of London. On the day it came, not a single person answered my calls. And so I’m once again left in confusion with a terrible urge to blame myself for failing to make friendships that have an honest integrity behind them.

This is where my salvation comes, however.

By God I am called to re-establish my place in His kingdom. Not wait on mere humans to follow through with their promises. The promises we make, out of our brokenness, cannot be wholly consistent. And although we should be aiming for that straight edged integrity of character, we all fall short of the glory of God.

We all want to be the superhero who says what he means. But in our daze, as lost sheep of the one true God, we let ourselves down; daily.

I’m reminded of the book of Psalms, and just how much wisdom is contained therein, when facing the wickedness of the world.

The word of God reminds me that He is all that matters in delivering my salvation. Not my efforts, or the efforts of others.

And I am also reminded to wait only on the Lord; with love, and patience.

“I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord ; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”
Psalm 27:13‭-‬14 NIV

“Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem?”
Isaiah 2:22 NIV

“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
Romans 3:23 NIV

“Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord , and he shall save thee.”
Proverbs 20:22 KJV

“I wait for the Lord , my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. Israel, put your hope in the Lord , for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.”
Psalm 130:5‭-‬8 NIV

Upvote 0