• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Waiting for Holiness

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by altya, Jul 6, 2002.

1. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    We through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. —Galatians 5:5

The renewal of the inner person, becoming Christlike, is not accomplished in a moment but a lifetime.

This healing occurs gradually as our old ways of thinking and living
    are erased, and we become more like our Savior as we are renewed day
    by day (2 Corinthians 4:16).

This renewal takes place not by self-effort alone but by faith. It
    involves reading, meditating on, and obeying God's Word. We must also
    fix our minds on the character of Christ and ask God to make us like
    Him.

Then we must wait, confident that God is working in us to accomplish
    His purposes. Every day has its mishaps and memories of something we
    should have done or not done, but we must not be impatient. Though
    incomplete, we are in process. Sin may frustrate us for a day, but
    God is at work—and on ahead lies perfection, which is "the hope of
    righteousness" (Galatians 5:5). Someday we'll see His face and we'll
    be like Him—as holy as the holy One (1 John 3:2). 

The new birth takes only a moment; growth in holiness takes a
    lifetime

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Yes it not only takes a lifetime but it must be a way of life. Too bad many of our friends do not understand we are in a growing process, and demand that we be perfect from day one or they abandon us as unfit.

Thank God, no matter what any others think of me, Jesus will always be my friend and He will not leave me, ever, and if He is all I have, He is all I need. I will survive.

3. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    We all fail holiness from time to time while we are growing into perfection
    I am glad that there is scripture to tell us that it’s possible to stop with sinning

1 Peter 4:1  Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin

God forgave us our sin but we ourselves have to remove the sinful nature by dying to self and the renewing of our minds with the word of God

4. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+5
    Wonderful post Altya, May we never stop learning, or growing in Christ.

I love the way God shows us, and teaches us new things each day. Even when he shows me I've done wrong I must praise him for it, because it allows me to correct my steps and draw all the more closer to him.

5. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    I agree, I always tell people that anything that is not growing can be dead and we don’t want to be dead spiritually. We need to grow, even in the natural we are growing, from birth to death, never to stop. Even growing old is still a form of growing. Same as in the spiritual we need to continuously grow

6. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    LOL! I never thought of growing old as Growing. But you know you are right! So growing old is actually a good thing as long as we grow in other ways.

7. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    Aha .... Never to old to learn.

8. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    This is so deep and anointed. I have noticed when I get lax in exercising my faith, or I get so busy I do not take time in God's Word, the relapse occurs and the healing is reversed.

9. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    And lots of prayer.

10. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Interesting Title to the post. I have discovered that is exactly what many "Christians" seem to be doing. They are "waiting for Holiness" as though some one will kncok on thier door with a package and say, "Sign here please"!

11. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    Yes you got it. I also have seen people coming forward to the altar call and expect a quick fix on all their problems but doing nothing from their side.

I had discover that when I give one step in the right direction God gave 10 and that is how I move forward.
    There is three easy steps to get free from a sinful nature.
    1) Make a choice
    2) Deny yourself (crucify your flesh)
    3) Bind all demonic activity and resist the devil and he will flee from you.

12. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Your step 1 is the key, IMO, to all things in the flesh and in the Spirit. It ALL begins and ends with a CHOICE!

13. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    Yes, it’s the starting point but you have to follow through. Making a choice is only the beginning, if you not persevere in your choice you will fail.

14. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Yes! It is even a choice to perservere. Some chose not to. So in our Human life it is always a matter of what we choose. That is why God said: "Choose Life."

15. altya

altya Servant of God

+260
    Non-Denom
    But, then you also have to 'let go' of the flesh. We have to stop living according to our flesh and follow the word of God.