Wait, wait, wait...I need some help here..

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, in my 60s, brain doesn't fire as well as it used to, living across the other side of the planet, different time zone...yadda, yadda..

So, can someone please figure this out for me....?

1. Trump bluffs Comey about the possibility of "tapes".
2. Trump infers that his bluff was to ensure that Comey tells the truth in his hearing.
3. Comey swears under oath that Trump demanded loyalty and that Trump expressed the desire that Comey lay off the Flynn investigation.
4. Trump claims that Comey lied.
5. Trump claims that his cunning bluff "wasn't very stupid"...

What am I missing please...?

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump lies short term. He doesn't do comprehensive, indepth, coherent, consistent and cohesive lies. He only considers the point he needs to make for a particular effect/goal (usually to make himself look good/like a winner) or to deflect and get out of whatever he is being called to the carpet for in that moment. He isn't speaking or thinking with a long term strategy in mind to build and maintain a logical/believable narrative, he simply reacts and makes stuff up on the fly.

He's double minded. He has no doctrine that he is committed to that guides him, no well of knowledge to draw from on his own, and no apparent interest in learning, so he is easily swayed and often changes his mind according to whomever he spoke with last or whomever puts forth the best argument that day. He also tends to tell people what they want to hear, so he will tell person A one thing, and person B another thing 5 minutes later, even if it is the total opposite of what he told person A. There is a reason why his lawyers would only meet with him in pairs.

Now this has worked for him in the past because every word he said was not being videoed, analyzed and replayed on cable news 24/7. Now that he is in the spotlight, and his words are being recorded and played back to hold him accountable, and his tweets are being saved for all of eternity, he isn't able to successfully gaslight folks. It doesn't stop him from trying, though. This is also, IMO, probably part of the reason the WH is trying to increase press briefings with no audio and video.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, in my 60s, brain doesn't fire as well as it used to, living across the other side of the planet, different time zone...yadda, yadda..

So, can someone please figure this out for me....?

1. Trump bluffs Comey about the possibility of "tapes".
2. Trump infers that his bluff was to ensure that Comey tells the truth in his hearing.
3. Comey swears under oath that Trump demanded loyalty and that Trump expressed the desire that Comey lay off the Flynn investigation.
4. Trump claims that Comey lied.
5. Trump claims that his cunning bluff "wasn't very stupid"...

What am I missing please...?

Your timeline is slightly off.

1. Trump tweet bluffs Comey about the possibility of "tapes".
2. The WH and Trump refuse to confirm or deny if there are tapes (ultimately for over 40 days).
4. Trump claims that Comey lied about #3, while at the same time claiming his testimony vindicated Trump by confirming that Comey advised him that he wasn't under investigation.
5. Senate Intelligence Committee gives Trump a deadline to respond definitively to whether any White House recordings or memoranda of Comey’s conversations with President Trump now exist or have in the past and hints they are willing to issue subpoenas.
6. As the deadline looms, Trump finally admits his initial tweet was a bluff to keep Comey honest and force him to tell the truth, and claims it worked. (To make himself look good, see my earlier post)
7. Trump claims that his cunning bluff "wasn't very stupid"...
8. His lawyers and most of the WH communications team/press sec find a dark corner to curl up in a fetal position, sucking their thumbs and drinking bourbon straight from the bottle. Sean Spicer hides out in the bushes and is thankful that his health plan currently has a mental health component, as it seems he may be in therapy for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Your timeline is slightly off.

1. Trump tweet bluffs Comey about the possibility of "tapes".
2. The WH and Trump refuse to confirm or deny if there are tapes (ultimately for over 40 days).
4. Trump claims that Comey lied about #3, while at the same time vindicating Trump by confirming that he advised him that he wasn't under investigation.
5. Senate Intelligence Committee gives Trump a deadline to respond definitively to whether any White House recordings or memoranda of Comey’s conversations with President Trump now exist or have in the past.
6. As the deadline looms, Trump finally admits his initial tweet was a bluff to keep Comey honest and force him to tell the truth, and claims it worked. (To make himself look good, see my earlier post)
7. Trump claims that his cunning bluff "wasn't very stupid"...

Thank you for that....:wave:

Respectfully, I have to disagree with the president....I think it was a "very special kind of stupid"...!

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
IMO, trumps mention of tapes likely did motivate comey to be honest and recollect those discussions fully. If you are going under oath, with the threat of perjury, any possibility of tapes, will motivate you. On trump lying? Old newsand expected. Narcissists lie and they lie a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0