Vultures...Pigs...Crabs...Shellfish...Sharks...What Do They Have in Common?

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I certainly support your decision as an adherence to your convictions, even though I disagree. Let me know when you're coming for dinner and we'll scrap the pork ribs. ;) It's not a problem. :)
I appreciate your attitude and your understanding :)

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again, Peter said NO, NO, NO. He never said yes to violating the Torah.

My side has the clear words of Yahshua, who also rebuked placing the traditions of men, over the word of YHWH.

Okay. As I said to NTW, I support you even though I disagree. We have to do what is in accord with our convictions, so I respect that.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay. As I said to NTW, I support you even though I disagree. We have to do what is in accord with our convictions, so I respect that.
Exactly. Now you sir win a chicken dinner! ;)

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Paul said this too:

(CLV) Ro 2:13
For not the listeners to law are just with God, but the doers of law shall be justified.

How do you reconcile those two statements?

Paul's statement in Romans 2 is theoretical, as he is laying out a case against both Jew and Gentile. He goes on to negate it by showing that those who had the law were cooked too! By 3:10 he concludes "None is righteous, no not one".

His case leads up to the glorious summation of 3:21-22

"21But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe."

The "but now" washes away the theoretical arguments his audience had rattling around in their heads.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Vultures...Pigs...Crabs...Shellfish...Sharks...
What Do They Have in Common?
View attachment 300574
We took our usual Sabbath morning walk down at the Lake this morning and I don't think we ever saw as many VULTURES as we did this morning. They were everywhere! To most of us, Vultures are really ugly birds...but...I'm really thankful for them, as they serve a big purpose in this world. Without the Vultures, the beaches would be littered with stinky, rotten, repulsive looking carcasses of dead fish everywhere. Thankfully, the Vultures do the job that God designed them to do ~ to clean up the earth....

View attachment 300575

That is the job of all the creatures mentioned above...the Pig, the Crab, the Carp, the Shellfish, Sharks and more...they are NATURE'S GARBAGE CLEANER-UPPERS....God put them here for that very purpose.....

They were never put here for people to eat them. In FACT, God clearly says in the Bible, in Leviticus 11, that we shouldn't eat any of these creatures...they are in the UNCLEAN CATEGORY.

And don't fall for the line that the Health Laws that God gave us in Leviticus 11 were written for the JEWS. At the time they were written, there were no Jews ;)...they were Israelites ;). They were GOD'S PEOPLE at THAT TIME. Are not you and I GOD'S PEOPLE at THIS TIME??? The same rules He made for them, have been passed on to us, for the same purpose ~ to KEEP US HEALTHY :).

I mean, think about ~ WHO in their right mind want want to eat a GARBAGE DISPOSAL or a VACCUM CLEANER BAG??? But that is EXACTLY what these creatures are :)
Red meat is a carcinogen. That is beef and pork. Poultry and eggs are leading sources of cholesterol in the standard American diet. A high cholesterol diet puts one at risk of heart disease. Eating too much in general is worse for a person than having two servings of cooked clams a week. Obese people suffered various preexisting conditions.

I do not eat meat most of the time. I took B-12 supplements. I sometimes ate meat when meeting with family in their homes or at restaurants. In Acts 10 Peter was sent to the house of Cornelius, a Roman army officer. The Holy Spirit told Peter all foods were made clean for him. Some Jews would not set foot in a Gentile house for fear of being made unclean. Gentiles were not eating Kosher. They might eat bats, pork or squid. Peter went to the officer’s house and preached the good news. The people there received the Holy Spirit.

Words of truth are more important than Levitical laws of what is clean and unclean. I would not eat vulture unless I was starving and nothing else was available.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Paul's statement in Romans 2 is theoretical, as he is laying out a case against both Jew and Gentile. He goes on to negate it by showing that those who had the law were cooked too! By 3:10 he concludes "None is righteous, no not one".

Was this statement "theoretical" too?

(CLV) Php 3:6
in relation to zeal, persecuting the ecclesia, in relation to the righteousness which is in law, becoming blameless.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Was this statement "theoretical" too?

(CLV) Php 3:6
in relation to zeal, persecuting the ecclesia, in relation to the righteousness which is in law, becoming blameless.

Similar. He is contrasting the supposed bona fides of "those mutilators of the flesh" with his own, according to their logic, superior ones.

Again, he concludes with a BUT!

7But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord"

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"None is righteous, no not one".

In context:

(CLV) Ro 3:11
Not one is understanding. Not one is seeking out God.

Is Paul speaking for himself? Would this include Yahshua in your opinion?

(CLV) Ro 3:12
"All avoid Him: at the same time they were useless. Not one is doing kindness: there is not even one!"

Not even one?

(CLV) Ro 3:13
"A sepulcher opened is their throat. With their tongues they defraud." "The venom of asps is under their lips."

If Paul is speaking for himself; why should we trust his words?

(CLV) Ro 3:14
Whose mouth with imprecation and bitterness is crammed.

(CLV) Ro 3:15
Sharp are their feet to shed blood.

Even those new born babies? Do they come out of the womb with bazookas?

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In context:

(CLV) Ro 3:11
Not one is understanding. Not one is seeking out God.

Is Paul speaking for himself? Would this include Yahshua in your opinion?

(CLV) Ro 3:12
"All avoid Him: at the same time they were useless. Not one is doing kindness: there is not even one!"

Not even one?

(CLV) Ro 3:13
"A sepulcher opened is their throat. With their tongues they defraud." "The venom of asps is under their lips."

If Paul is speaking for himself; why should we trust his words?

(CLV) Ro 3:14
Whose mouth with imprecation and bitterness is crammed.

(CLV) Ro 3:15
Sharp are their feet to shed blood.

Even those new born babies? Do they come out of the womb with bazookas?

No offense HARK!, but I’m not going down that rabbit hole. I’ve surprised even myself with two stellar replies :), and I don’t wanna push my luck.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Similar. He is contrasting the supposed bona fides of "those mutilators of the flesh" with his own, according to their logic, superior ones.

Again, he concludes with a BUT!

7But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the

Luke didn't conclude with a BUT!

(CLV) Lk 1:5
There came to be, in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zechariah, of the routine of Abiah, and his wife, of the daughters of Aaron, and her name is Elizabeth.

(CLV) Lk 1:6
Now they were both just in front of God, going in all the precepts and just statutes of the Lord, blameless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter’s Vision
9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

17 While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Corneliusfound out where Simon’s house was and stopped at the gate. 18 They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there.

19 While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three men are looking for you. 20 So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them.”

21 Peter went down and said to the men, “I’m the one you’re looking for. Why have you come?”

22 The men replied, “We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say.” 23 Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests.

Acts 10:9-23
JS: That passage is about accepting Gentiles into the kingdom; it has nothing to do with food, as the text clearly explain which you also quoted. Maybe that why you quoted the entire passage.

For everyone else, the Laws of Moshe are not just for Jews but for all Israel: Jews and Ephraim. Some who feel convicted to abide the Hebrew rules and rituals might be hidden Jews or Ephrimites. Still, you are also what you eat...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Weak and the Strong
14 Accept the one whose faith is weak,without quarreling over disputable matters.2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died.16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Romans 14

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And don't fall for the line that the Health Laws that God gave us in Leviticus 11 were written for the JEWS. At the time they were written, there were no Jews ;)...they were Israelites ;). They were GOD'S PEOPLE at THAT TIME. Are not you and I GOD'S PEOPLE at THIS TIME??? The same rules He made for them, have been passed on to us, for the same purpose ~ to KEEP US HEALTH
So you follow all the levitical laws or just the food ones? We are allowed to eat anything now, BTW.

He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant