Pontliw
✟6,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I disagree with telling someone there might be no hope for them too.

Yes. But, if someone has tried many ways already and is still suffering one also does not tell them that they are just making excuses!

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. But, if someone has tried many ways already and is still suffering one also does not tell them that they are just making excuses!

But they may very well be hindering their growth and coping by making excuses for themselves. "I can't do this... I can't do that..." I'm not saying the OP'er is doing that though - only they can decide if they are.

Upvote 0

Netgear

A Dog On A Mission
Feb 23, 2018
Pontliw
✟6,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
But they may very well be hindering their growth and coping by making excuses for themselves. "I can't do this... I can't do that..." I'm not saying the OP'er is doing that though - only they can decide if they are.

Yes i know. I think a bit more of a sympathetic approach is needed when we post. The OP is obviously very upset about things and is going through a very tough time.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I usually say when I'm stressed out here on the advice section that I have a mental illness, which is schizoaffective disorder, if anyone knows what it is, and I don't work and stay at home isolated only with my parents, which is hard because I'm 36 and there is too much friction. But what I wanted to talk is that I heard my mother speaking on the phone to my aunt about me and it sounded like she was complaining about the situation and me.

So, I am pretty mad about it, because she isn't honest with me about her feelings and then goes complain about me to someone else. I don't have anyone to talk to all day and my parents are the ones who are here. And because of this I feel I don't have no one anymore. I just feel like wanting to stop my interaction with them, because I'm upset, but am afraid I will not be able to cope without having anyone to talk to. And speaking this to them is not an option, they will not understand.

I feel lonely and now, more than ever. I feel I have no one to talk to, and really don't have. I don't think I will be able to cope well with not speaking to anyone here in the house, only the bare essentials. I feel like a weight. And going to church is not an option because I don't know no one there, and catholic churches aren't places you make friends and hang out. They do the service and when its over, everybody goes their separate ways home.

What am I to do. Probably I will do nothing, as always and be treated as a 12 year old or someone who has no voice in any situation. When you have a serious mental illness, and are isolated because you can't deal with other people, its like a bottomless pit and you are at the margin of society because you are insane and no one hears insane people. That's a fact and a truth. There are exceptions to the rule, but are rare.
You know, I would never know there was anything wrong with you had you not stated it.....solely based on your conversation on this site. And sometimes I even forget until you remind us again.

I have one, unpopular suggestion:

If you believe....you can ask God to heal you of all your illnesses, and when he does, get out and live.

I would also consider repeating to yourself that you are who i think you are before you remind me that you arent...........that is perfectly healthy. After saying this for a while, you may even start to believe it yourself....and then something amazing may happen........you, like myself, will forget that you arent healthy.........and only health will remain.....that is, or course until you are remind of unhealthiness again

Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Guerrier,

I have oftimes suffered from anxiety quite badly. It gave me psoriasis which led to more Now when I look back I am amazed at how far I have come with God's help. A one time I could hardly walk into a Christian meeting from fear. Now I'm involved in many ministries in my church.

Remember that the Lord has plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11)

My advice to you is to take one day at a time, one step at a time, little by little. Try to do one positive thing tomorrow. One positive thing no matter how small. Then your confidence will improve.

God Bless :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0