nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can some of the older members, explain and organize us about new methods for electing mods/admins. I'm interested in keeping current TAW moderators on their places and holding a tide of darkness (or else, soon we'll have some guy posing to be Orthodox and explaining that our Church supports homosexuals 100% to people who come to ask questions).

So, current staff, bring it on:
-what do you need to keep your positions
-how can we help
-ideas how to hold the mob from destroying TAW

nestoj
God helps

Reactions: cobweb

Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'm not a mod at TAW. I (used to) moderate Society and Outreach. I'm definitely not popular where I moderate, so my "mod status" is probably going out the door. Not really caring that it does happen, I feel apathetic right now. I will definitely vote to keep the current mods at TAW in place, though.

Upvote 0

ClementofRome

Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity
May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As a former TAW Mod and interim Supervisor, I agree with the above. We need to keep in place the strong leadership of Rob, Kami, choir, and copticorthodoxy as the TAW leadership moderation team......maybe add more if things get ugly....

Cheers to you my friends for doing such an outstanding job!

Clem

Upvote 0

kamikat

my love is bigger than a cadillac
Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
✟18,459.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So far, Erwin has said that it will take about a month to get the new coding in place. I THINK the voting won't take place until after that has happened. Honestly, we don't know much more than y'all do. The biggest problem, in terms of holding back the tides of darkness is that unless I am missinturperting Erwin's statement, there will be no restrictions of faith icons. While TAW will be able to make it's own rules and restrict debate to EO members only, the new "no restriction on faith icons" will allow anyone to claim to be EO. As I've said elsewhere, here is where you can find many of our old friends http://conservative-christian-forums.com//YaBB.pl

Upvote 0

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Rough idea:

Now we need you to organize us in animating other (less active members) to come back and help - you've must have exchanged emails with lots of people - so, let's send SOS.

nestoj
God helps

P.S.
kami - if you are sure that there will be no way to separate imposter from true Orthodox, then I'm leaving. If there is still hope, i'll wait for little longer.

Upvote 0

kamikat

my love is bigger than a cadillac
Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
✟18,459.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
P.S.
kami - if you are sure that there will be no way to separate imposter from true Orthodox, then I'm leaving. If there is still hope, i'll wait for little longer.

Really, I don't know. Erwin just dropped the announcement on us, then left. He hasn't been involved with any of the discussions to clear up those kind of questions. I wish I had more answers for you, but I don't.

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
One of my main concerns about the changes, is that TAW has been a place where we can all kick back and relax. Will we be able to keep it as such?
I think the answer to that question is what will cause people to stay or leave. If we aren't even safe from attacks on the Church, especially on our Blessed Mother, in our forum, I'm out of here. It was bad enough having people pop in here time to time asking us completely loaded questions....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, in preparation for the storm to come, today I purchased "On the Incarnation" by St. Athanasius. :thumbsup:

I am staying at least for a while. I think like St. Athanasius and other notorious defenders of the faith, we must stand our ground.

We. Must. Stand. Our. Ground.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think the answer to that question is what will cause people to stay or leave. If we aren't even safe from attacks on the Church, especially on our Blessed Mother, in our forum, I'm out of here. It was bad enough having people pop in here time to time asking us completely loaded questions....
Well, according to the proposed changes, we should be able to "democratically" decided whom we want here. Should be able to make our own rules for TAW.

1st: Thou shall not insult the Theotokos or the Saints.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rough idea:

Now we need you to organize us in animating other (less active members) to come back and help - you've must have exchanged emails with lots of people - so, let's send SOS.

nestoj
God helps

P.S.

Please do come over and visit Orthopraxis. We are refugees from TAW with 91 members so far.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Orthopraxis/index.php?act=idx

I guess if P-G can advertise his new forum, so can Orthopraxis as it has listed CF as a link.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.