Voting For Gay Marriage & Abortion Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
✟1,142.00
Is it a sin to vote FOR a candidate who is NOT opposed to gay rights & abortion?

2 John:9-12- summarizes that whosoever abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. "If there come any unto you and bring not this doctrine,receive him not into your house, neither bid him Godspeed:For he that biddeth him Godspeed is partaker of his evil deeds."

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Is it a sin to vote FOR a candidate who is NOT opposed to gay rights & abortion?

A lot of people will vote for a person based on JUST this one issue. For many, this is a watershed issues, and they do decide who to vote for, based on the position they take on this issue.

We are told in the Bible, that Abraham left the city he was from, because he was seeking, he was looking for a city who's maker and founder was God. That means Abraham was sick and tired of man made Government and he was tired of man's rebellion against God. He wanted to return to God. But he died without ever seen the city he was looking for. It's called the New Jerusalam. We are all citizens of the New Jerusalam if we meet the requirements. One of the requirements is that we will grieve over the corruption and the sin we see in the world today.

Ezekiel 9:4
and the Lord said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it."

Those who sign and weep over the abominations and the wickedness that they see around them, are the ones who are marked as belong to Christ, there are the Children of God.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

We know that the Government will rest upon Jesus. Also we are told that we are kings and priests and that we will rule and reign with Him. Also, the Kingdoms of this world, are going to become the Kingdoms of God. It is US who will go out, with God's help of course, and conquer this world for Christ.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Is it a sin to vote FOR a candidate who is NOT opposed to gay rights & abortion?

Right now, this has become a party line issue. Most all democrates are for abortion and "human rights". Most all republicans are against abortion and against human rights.

Perhaps one of the most powerful democrates is Ted Kennedy, who's father Joseph piled up his fortune in whiskey smuggling during the "Prohibition Era". Recently I noticed that President Bush has been wanting to work along with Kennedy. But I have not followed that to closely.

It is against the law for any tax free organization to take a position for or against a political Campaign. They can lose there tax free status. Pat Robertson created a organazation just to take a stand on political issues. So that he could protect the tax free status of his religious organizations.

Upvote 0

Wearynot

Feb 5, 2002
SC
Visit site
✟1,228.00
Faith
Christian
I would say no, that it isn't a sin. If it were then we should not vote for anyone who had had an affair, over-eaten or lied (OH MY) and THAT would prolly just about take care of any candidate who offered themselves up for office.

That being said, *I* will not vote for someone who is pro-abortion, or who is a proponent of same sex marriages.

But that's just me. ;)

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
This is how I understand our situation. By living in a democracy,
there is no kingship and therefore the leader does not alone stand in judgement for the laws and policies of our country(s).
We have a say in what is instituted as law. So, when a law is passed by our leaders, whom we voted into office on such platforms as are defined before we vote for them, we to are just as responsible for those very laws.

Originally posted by Debbie
Is it a sin to vote FOR a candidate who is NOT opposed to gay rights & abortion?

2 John:9-12- summarizes that whosoever abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. "If there come any unto you and bring not this doctrine,receive him not into your house, neither bid him Godspeed:For he that biddeth him Godspeed is partaker of his evil deeds."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.