Voters may care more about the cost of French fries than January 6 panel’s "compelling" evidence

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did you look at the video you posted? They have sticks and other items to break through doors. There where also several other areas in the Capital where the mob fought the police and injured them, one even being dragged out into the crowd and beaten.

When is the last time you heard of a government or governing style being overthrown by people with sticks?

Chances are, the cop and the Secret Service agents behind hime knew this, or knew there was fighting in other areas of the building. And I bet those Secret Service agents would have fired if the cop had not done so. Right behind them was the House chamber with people they where there to protect. I don't think they would have let them walk on by.

That's what warning shots are for.

You keep harping on her being unarmed, but she was the tip of the spear and had on a backpack. It could have had anything in it, including a bomb. She was warned away, by multiple people. She thought she would not be shot, she was wrong.

If it were a bomb, shooting the person carrying it wouldn't have been smart. That's how accidental detonations happen.

I am just glad the crowds desire to rush the doors fizzled after that shot, or it chould have been worse.

It wasn't just a "shot". It was a kill. A warning shot could very well have sufficed.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Protesting yes, property damage and threating Congress being in session, not so much.

They could have protested right in front of the Capital, instead they broke in. When they broke windows to get in to open doors, that is when they stopped being peaceful protesters (though it could be argued they where not peaceful to start with.)

A precedent was set back in the summer of 2020 as to what a "peaceful protest" looks like. In fact, it was set 633 times all around the country.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's what warning shots are for.

You don't do warning shots inside a building, you don't know what they will hit on the wall they go through, or if it will ricochet. She go verbal warning and that is enough.

If it were a bomb, shooting the person carrying it wouldn't have been smart. That's how accidental detonations happen.

That is why you see the cop step towards her, to get a better shot and to be sure of where he hits.

It wasn't just a "shot". It was a kill. A warning shot could very well have sufficed.

Yes, it was to kill. Most cops are trained to kill with their weapon. And again, you don't do warning shots in buildings. This is not a movie. You don't shot to maim or imobalize, that is in the movies.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A precedent was set back in the summer of 2020 as to what a "peaceful protest" looks like. In fact, it was set 633 times all around the country.
And a dirty cop was found guilty of murder for the first time in Minnesota's history. Protests do work....all it takes is the persistence of protesters doing it for sixty years.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do know there where more protests that where peaceful? And that some people will use any protest to smash and grab. And there where "Boogaloo Boi" that infatrated these protests and insigated violence?

I am not saying every instance of violence was those groups, but there was enough to off set your claim that it is the new standard of peaceful protest. It is not, as seen by the thousand more protests that where peaceful in 2020.

Stop trying to make the 6th normal. It was an angry mob that was led or proded by groups that wanted to stop the vote. And in that way she was a victom. She was fed lies by QANON and Trump, and truely believed they could just wake right in there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You don't do warning shots inside a building, you don't know what they will hit on the wall they go through, or if it will ricochet. She go verbal warning and that is enough.

If saving lives was so important, that's what he would have done.

That is why you see the cop step towards her, to get a better shot and to be sure of where he hits.

Oh, how thoughtful of him! Even then, he didn't hit where he aimed.

Yes, it was to kill. Most cops are trained to kill with their weapon. And again, you don't do warning shots in buildings. This is not a movie. You don't shot to maim or imobalize, that is in the movies.

The cop also wasn't in immediate danger. Do you know the 3 point checklist for using deadly force?
The offender must have the (1) ability, (2)The opportunity, and (3)show intent to cause great bodily harm or death of another person.

And yet:
1. No weapon
2. Was behind a door
3. Didn't show intent to do anything other than enter through the door

• Useful
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If saving lives was so important, that's what he would have done.

Oh, how thoughtful of him! Even then, he didn't hit where he aimed.

The cop also wasn't in immediate danger. Do you know the 3 point checklist for using deadly force?
The offender must have the (1) ability, (2)The opportunity, and (3)show intent to cause great bodily harm or death of another person.

And yet:
1. No weapon
2. Was behind a door
3. Didn't show intent to do anything other than enter through the door
Thats it, I am done. You don't want a fair discution. You ignore the issue with warning shots, you ignore the situation the cop found himself in. You continue to treat it like she was the only one there.

You are just looking to make the 6th normal. And it wasn't.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You do know there where more protests that where peaceful? And that some people will use any protest to smash and grab. And there where "Boogaloo Boi" that infatrated these protests and insigated violence?

Ah, so now it's based on other protests that were "peaceful" to excuse the 633 that weren't?
Using that logic, you do know that there were far more Conservative political rallies that were peaceful, right? So why the year and a half long focus on the parts of the one on Jan. 6th that weren't all that peaceful?

I am not saying every instance of violence was those groups, but there was enough to off set your claim that it is the new standard of peaceful protest. It is not, as seen by the thousand more protests that where peaceful in 2020.

Hardly. 633 riots, 25 people dead, 2,000 police officers injured, thousands more civilians injured, and $2 billion in damages is hardly offset by anything else.

Stop trying to make the 6th normal. It was an angry mob that was led or proded by groups that wanted to stop the vote. And in that way she was a victom. She was fed lies by QANON and Trump, and truely believed they could just wake right in there.

Then stop trying to make the 633 riots during the "Summer of Love" sound normal.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you think democracy should be mob rule then?
Pure democracy is mob rule. That is why our government is a democratic constitutional republic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pure democracy is mob rule. That is why our government is a democratic constitutional republic.
I think this kinda demonstrates the previous mention of this being what democracy looks like as being totally off topic and not something that was intended to be a serious part of the discussion.

Par for the course, I guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Absolutely correct.
Mob rule is exactly what the Trump crowd attempted on January 6th instead of allowing the peaceful transfer of power as outlined by our democratic constitutional republic.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this kinda demonstrates the previous mention of this being what democracy looks like as being totally off topic and not something that was intended to be a serious part of the discussion.

Par for the course, I guess.
I don't understand. Is it not the left who is telling everyone that mobs and riots are "what democracy looks like?"

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely correct.
Mob rule is exactly what the Trump crowd attempted on January 6th instead of allowing the peaceful transfer of power as outlined by our democratic constitutional republic.
Yeah. Because that is what the left has been showing us. The protesters we implementing the same "mob rule" the left had been participating in the entire summer of 2020. I am glad we both agree that pure democracy is horrible.

Upvote 0

Leaviathan

Feb 19, 2015
Cape Cod
✟31,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just because they were incompetent does not absolve themselves of responsibility.
They're guilty if convicted, I'm just saying they weren't capable of carrying out what they're being accused of. It sounds like you think 60 men can bring down a country of 400 million.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaviathan

Feb 19, 2015
Cape Cod
✟31,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Most Americans have no problem recognizing Trump is completely unfit for office, especially our presidency!
I voted for him twice, but looking at things now, I wouldn't vote for him again. Not because of Jan 6th, but because he's too un-professional.

Upvote 0

Leaviathan

Feb 19, 2015
Cape Cod
✟31,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
They're guilty if convicted, I'm just saying they weren't capable of carrying out what they're being accused of. It sounds like you think 60 men can bring down a country of 400 million.
By that logic the Gun Powder Plot was a trifling affair.

60 men?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
By that logic the Gun Powder Plot was a trifling affair.

60 men?

Much is trivialized now. Even 9/11 is trivialized when people say that Jan. 6th was so much worse, even though 1 person was killed versus nearly 3,000.

• Agree
Upvote 0