Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No. Because Voodoo isn't real. It's nothing more than a primitive activity made by either uneducated people, crazy people, or scammers. I had a friend who wanted to throw a curse on his drill sgt. so he sought out various "witch doctors"

Voodoo apparently ranges from $50-$150 and this depends on the type of "spells" you want. The witch doctors had the dolls and all that. He was spitting on it, yelling out all sorts of jibberish, putting it on a satan star, random colored candles etc.. what a bunch of nonsense.
Apparently God takes it serious or it would not be an abomination.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

Do you feel the enemy, through the use of Voodoo(i am being general), has any power?

Does God allow curses to rest on Christians?

As Spirit filled Christians, what can we do to protect ourselves?

~Natsumi Lam~
Does it have powers? Maybe, maybe not. I tend to believe that all religions have at least some basis in truth otherwise... it wouldnt survive long.

Does voodoo have power? That depends, do you believe that God is greater than the voodoo practitioner or is God weaker? I believe God is more powerful so, just as Jesus said to Pilate - John 19:10-11.

Does that mean bad can happen to us? Absolutely, whether you want to attribute that to voodoo or life, it is what it is. However the source doesnt matter. God has to allow it no matter the source as He is greater than every source.

Can a Christian be cursed? Again, it depends on what God allows and which case you chose above of which holds true power and authority.

What can a Christian do to protect against an attack? The same thing a believer should do any way. Focus on Christ and drawing closer to Him.

Then even IF voodoo practitioners can harm the flesh, they remain powerless to harm the soul. Matthew 10:28

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You probably have the spiritual gift of discernment.

I also don't think voodoo is a harmless practice, although Spirit-filled Christians are shielded from it.
If someone is shielded inside the bullet proof building, that wouldn't make the bullet harmless in and of itself.
Are we automatically shielded? What if the curse is deserved?

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Apparently God takes it serious or it would not be an abomination.
Maybe God considers it an abomination because it is a massive face palm for him to see his #1 creation being that unintelligent to actually believe that they can't cast dark spells or any of the Lord of Rings stuff.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Family,

Do you feel the enemy, through the use of Voodoo(i am being general), has any power?

~Natsumi Lam~
The Jesus Prayer and sign of the Cross are great weapons.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No that we fight ... put on the armour....the wails of the devil..

The whole chapter is about the spiritual war.

Yet you say there isnt one being waged.

How do you respond?

The whole chapter is about protecting yourself with the armor granted to us by putting our faith in God.

How do I respond? Well, seeing as a believer who has access to the strength given to me by God, when I’m confronted by somebody who wishes to harm me spiritually, I pray for them and for me, thank God for keeping me protected, and go on my merry way. Curse me, send every demon you want, do Voodoo curses, invoke the name of Satan, do whatever you want and send whatever evil you want. It won’t reach me, I’m protected. There is no war because I don’t need to fight what is being sent my way and a war needs somebody who fights back. I don’t need to... God has me covered.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are we automatically shielded? What if the curse is deserved?

Great question, Natsumi. I think Spirit-filled Christians know to pray for deliverance from evil, as in the Lord's prayer. Can you elaborate on what you mean by the curse is deserved?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe God considers it an abomination because it is a massive face palm for him to see his #1 creation being that unintelligent to actually believe that they can't cast dark spells or any of the Lord of Rings stuff.
Why is it an abomination?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Great question, Natsumi. I think Spirit-filled Christians know to pray for deliverance from evil, as in the Lord's prayer. Can you elaborate on what you mean by the curse is deserved?
Compromise in our life, abuse, incest, occult practices, etc

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

~Natsumi Lam~
The enemy has absolutely no power over Christians unless God allows it. This includes Voodoo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The enemy has absolutely no power over Christians unless God allows it. This includes Voodoo.
Is there blanked contractural protection? What would breach the contract?

• Informative
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Compromise in our life, abuse, incest, occult practices, etc

I see. It's best never to be infected by a voodoo, but once infected, now what? Hard to say...
Prevention seems more manageable than aftercare for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why is it an abomination?

Because people back then, prior to science, believed in that stuff. It's been disproven for a long time already.

Think about it, with all the people who have existed through out time - people and countries who were angry with each other for whatever -- if Voodoo was real, we'd all be dead. People would throw voodoo spells or curses at one another left and right. There is no such thing.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because people back then, prior to science, believed in that stuff. It's been disproven for a long time already.

Think about it, with all the people who have existed through out time - people and countries who were angry with each other for whatever -- if Voodoo was real, we'd all be dead. People would throw voodoo spells or curses at one another left and right. There is no such thing.
God is the same yesturday, today and forever!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is there blanked contractural protection? What would breach the contract?
No contract. Just God's sovereignty. It is simple really. God is in control of everything. To include demons. Sometimes God will allow demons to cause suffering and demons think that they are going against the will of God. But that suffering is intended to produce good and demons are being played like puppets to an omniscient and omnipotent God. Regardless of the reasons, the enemy has already been defeated at the Cross and has no authority over Christians unless God's sovereign will allows it for a period of time.

One such example of this happening is when Satan possessed Judas to betray Jesus. Satan thought that he would win if Jesus was killed. But Satan had no idea that he was being played the fool and doing exactly what God wanted him to do.

Reactions: Romans 8
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No contract. Just God's sovereignty. It is simple really. God is in control of everything. To include demons. Sometimes God will allow demons to cause suffering and demons think that they are going against the will of God. But that suffering is intended to produce good and demons are being played like puppets to an omniscient and omnipotent God. Regardless of the reasons, the enemy has already been defeated at the Cross and has no authority over Christians unless God's sovereign will allows it for a period of time.

One such example of this happening is when Satan possessed Judas to betray Jesus. Satan thought that he would win if Jesus was killed. But Satan had no idea that he was being played the fool and doing exactly what God wanted him to do.
Satan probably had an idea because Dan 9: 24 - 27 was before Christ.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ya, but i'm talking about Voodoo not God. Is the non-existence of Voodoo affect your faith in God?
Witchcraft has been around for centuries. Why did God, through the speaker-writer, call it an abomination? God is the same and the same applies today.

Dont seek out a spiritist..you will be defiled by them. How are you defiled if its fake?

We fight not against flesh and blood. Eph 6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Witchcraft has been around for centuries. Why did God, through the speaker-writer, call it an abomination? God is the same and the same applies today.

We fight not against flesh and blood. Eph 6

Witchcraft is fiction. There is absolutely no evidence of it, much more any logical sense to it. If Witchcraft and all that voodoo stuff was real then mankind should logically have gone extinct or at least be an endangered species.

Many writers spoke also through their own knowledge and their own views, some of them had no knowledge of things outside their area. Just because they where inspired by God doesn't mean their intelligence and knowing of the world boosted up.

Voodoo being debunked has no effect on God at all, and for you to apply the whole "God never changes" as a basis shows that you (indirectly) see a reliance between Witchcraft and God.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Witchcraft is fiction. There is absolutely no evidence of it, much more any logical sense to it. If Witchcraft and all that voodoo stuff was real then mankind should logically have gone extinct or at least be an endangered species.

Many writers spoke also through their own knowledge and their own views, some of them had no knowledge of things outside their area. Just because they where inspired by God doesn't mean their intelligence and knowing of the world boosted up.

Voodoo being debunked has no effect on God at all, and for you to apply the whole "God never changes" as a basis shows that you (indirectly) see a reliance between Witchcraft and God.
Are you being serious...i am really asking that question?

Why did God say He was going to destroy those umong them? Deut 18.

If God takes it serious enough to kill people it must be important to note.

Upvote 0