United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Family,

Do you feel the enemy, through the use of Voodoo(i am being general), has any power?

Does God allow curses to rest on Christians?

As Spirit filled Christians, what can we do to protect ourselves?

~Natsumi Lam~

The forces of evil curse good Christians regardless of voodoo I think. Satan already doesn't like Christians.

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Vodoun falls under African Traditional Religions. In the diaspora there are different strains dependent on location. Each has its own flavor.

New Orleans = Voodoo and Hoodoo
Haiti = Vodoun
Caribbean = Santeria/Ifa/Lucumi (commonly uses Catholic imagery in syncretic practices)
Brazil = Candomble (syncretic)
Jamaica = Obeah
Cuba = Palo

Ancestor worship is an important factor as is initiation. The participants permit themselves to be possessed by the deities. Initiates undergo elaborate and expensive rituals which involve animal sacrifice and ritual cutting to receive the spirit. There is one who rules their head.

In respect to your questions, is it real? Yes. Curses are more involved and the primary issue is legal rights. The bible broaches this subject in Proverbs by saying, "an undeserved curse does not come to rest."

For example, I can't curse your marriage with infidelity if neither have ever entertained adulterous thoughts or behaviors. That is without cause. But if one person has opened a door through inappropriate contentography or another channel they're at risk. This isn't a momentary slip we're referencing. Repeated offenses that go without acknowledgment or repentance bring greater harm.

Curses are usually levied against people in positions of prominence and ministry. Especially pastors and those with great visibility. Their fall is meant to inspire a loss of hope and despondency. A "who can we trust" feeling within.

Given the secrecy of these sects its unlikely many will openly admit their practices. Nor is their verbiage similar to New Agers. This isn't Wicca and they deal with darker spirits. Though they all hail from the same source.

If you are associated with someone who walks this path or suspect they do I'd encourage you to move away from them and address this issue in prayer. They don't hold themselves to the same moral code and a decision to cause harm or hire someone who would needn't arise due to anything you've said or done.

It is a difficult path to walk away from and would require God's intervention due to the oaths they've sworn to the deity. I was once acquainted with two people who fell into this and they've never been the same. While I don't usually advise relinquishing connections in this instance I make an exception. I am familiar with this religion. Its nothing to play with.

Your best protection is remaining close to the Lord and exercising discernment in your associations. God bless.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 26:2

"An undeserved curse will not settle...."
QUOTE="Natsumi Lam, post: 73848711, member: 373645"]What makes it deserved?[/QUOTE]
If we are walking in the righteousness of Christ, nothing is deserved.

From that standpoint any curse will either fail or be easily dealt with in His name.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson,

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes it deserved?
If we are walking in the righteousness of Christ, nothing is deserved.

From that standpoint any curse will either fail or be easily dealt with in His name.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What happens if we are compromising?

Transgressions have a price. You need only read the bible to see how disobedience plays out. Someone suffers and it often exceeds the initial act.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That by trusting God to protect me, I am protected...?
No that we fight ... put on the armour....the wails of the devil..

The whole chapter is about the spiritual war.

Yet you say there isnt one being waged.

How do you respond?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
do you know anything about the religion or are you reacting to old fashioned superstitious beliefs . I know people worship other gods but because I don’t know anything about that faith I’m not going to do the same thing medieval Christians did to Baphomet. They called it a demon when it’s was originally just a mispronunciation of Mohammed
I'm sensitive to spirits, and energetic frequency phenomenon. I make similar analysis' of christian churches so it's not a one sided analysis nor is it based on superstition.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What happens if we are compromising?
Consistency is important when applying spiritual principles. Imagine a wind (the word spirit comes from) that wavers in current .. it hardly weaves a fabric .. now does it?

Trusting in compromise, can be as dangerous as trusting a chair with a faulty leg.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I highly recommend listening to the testimony of former Satanist John Ramirez..... I feel that he is telling the truth..... and that he was able to put curses on many Christians while he was practicing witchcraft / Satanism......

Amen! I've watched his video before also and he seems legit.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi Family,

Do you feel the enemy, through the use of Voodoo(i am being general), has any power?

~Natsumi Lam~

Does it have merit? Yes. If you are conjuring up things in spiritual realm, something will happen. But with anything outside God's will, there will always be a consequence.Alot of poeple do stuff, but don't understand what avenues they are allowing.

Power? Not if you don't allow it to. That means not messing with it.

No, whom God blessed no man can curse.

If you are spirit-filled, then you are already protected, just keep the faith.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

~Natsumi Lam~
You spend way too much time on things that are not important.
Blessings
Hi Family,

~Natsumi Lam~
No power in Voodoo if you are a Christian however, if you are a Christian and think about voodoo power,God will send you a delusion. Best not to give it anymore of your energy.
Blessings

• Informative
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Family,

~Natsumi Lam~

No. Because Voodoo isn't real. It's nothing more than a primitive activity made by either uneducated people, crazy people, or scammers. I had a friend who wanted to throw a curse on his drill sgt. so he sought out various "witch doctors"

Voodoo apparently ranges from $50-$150 and this depends on the type of "spells" you want. The witch doctors had the dolls and all that. He was spitting on it, yelling out all sorts of jibberish, putting it on a satan star, random colored candles etc.. what a bunch of nonsense.

• Informative
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sensitive to spirits, and energetic frequency phenomenon. I make similar analysis' of christian churches so it's not a one sided analysis nor is it based on superstition.

You probably have the spiritual gift of discernment.

I also don't think voodoo is a harmless practice, although Spirit-filled Christians are shielded from it.
If someone is shielded inside the bullet proof building, that wouldn't make the bullet harmless in and of itself.

Upvote 0