Voodoo , a christian sect or witchcraft? Cuandaros- Mexican healers, witches?

mathinspiration

Nov 15, 2013
✟30,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I heard from people who practice voodoo that they are devoted christians who intertwined their traditional western African religion/beliefs with Christianity. I heard both Cuandaros from Mexico claim they practice old pagan Mexican Indian medicine/ Beliefs along Aztec and Catholic religious practices . They get angry when you call them pagans because they believe they are good Catholics better than the Europeans. Is this same as celebrating Santa Claus or yuletide or Halloween?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I heard from people who practice voodoo that they are devoted christians who intertwined their traditional western African religion/beliefs with Christianity. I heard both Cuandaros from Mexico claim they practice old pagan Mexican Indian medicine/ Beliefs along Aztec and Catholic religious practices . They get angry when you call them pagans because they believe they are good Catholics better than the Europeans. Is this same as celebrating Santa Claus or yuletide or Halloween?

Compare these mixers of religeon with those in Act 19.
Paul was doing miracles, cloth that had touched him would heal the sick, others used the name of Jesus to drive out demons, untill a an unclean spirit beat up some non christians doing this.
The result magic users brought their books and burnt them and they were worth a small fortune.

So why won't other modern magic user do the same?
Because they are not Christian.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

First, I would say, make sure you know God's word well. Then it will be easy to spot what is not according to His word.

How much attention to they call to Jesus, and how much do they talk about how Jesus is as our example?

Upvote 0