• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

voices speaking through me

Dec 24, 2012
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

I have been dealing with this loser named satan for sometime now. He doesn't control me but he talks through me to me (like in silence when I'm just moving my lips). I was under the influence that I was talking to god at first but god doesn't lie and this spirit was. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 5 years ago and was just hearing random voices, but now this voice has been proclaiming he is the devil and knows my thoughts and even tells me what's on my mind. I cannot believe that it isn't the devil, looking at things spritually. There is another voice that actually prays for me but to be honest I dont trust any of them. After being incarrcerated for a while and being told by the devil all sorts of lies as he pretended he was god and angels. I am really just curious to know if anyone has dealt with the spirits speaking through them because I know for a fact that it is the devil who has been doing it to m . He pretended to be sweet Jesus but he Is not. So all prayer is accepted and comments thank you! -Godbless-

Phosophoros

Lightworker
Dec 24, 2012
Alberta
Visit site
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, Yes the Most High does not speak in language, and is unknowable, you can only know him through his Son the Logos. The Logos did also come in human form at a point in time as Yeshua.

So chances are if you hearing voices inside your head it is dark forces speaking to you, but the reasons they attack you so strongly are because they want to bring you down and keep you from doing the things the Most high placed you here for. You need to take all the things you have done and said in the past and gather them up before the father.
So if you want to truly submit to the Father the most High, you need tell him so, and as you lay down before going to sleep or just for a nap, lie on your back and imagine an immense river of Light pouring down upon you, light from the most high creator of the all. And imagine this light to clean away all the darkness inside you, and as the darkness breaks away imagine it being sucked away for good.
When submitting fully to the most high you become a new person, and to truly connect to him, you have bring the Logos his son inside of you. Light is knowledge, protection and healing, as the umbilical cord of light strengthens inside you, also imagine that it is clearing away all the things in your mind, all the negative voices, and that it then becomes replaced with the mind of Logos.
When this happens a protective shield is formed around you, and as long as the Logos remains within light will shine forth from you and repel away the dark forces that speak into you, and through you. when you become one with the Logos he does not speak to you, but instead your actions and words reflect him to others, so in other words the Logo speaks through you.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
2 Corinthians 10:4-5

New International Version (NIV)

4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

May the peace of the Lord be upon you.

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2012
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cant believe it is just a disease doing this to me. I mean I am under a spiritual attack by the devil. I'm not having these conversations with myself it is the devil literally talking to me. You punder your thoughts before you speak right? So if a voice start talking through you and your minds not wondering and told you he was the devil you would believe it was a spirit attacking you being a christian. I used to wonder if people really heard voices, but I have experienced it personally and it is real. In other words im not just playing with my own mind. I do take meds and go to a doc regularly and am thinking about taking new meds. But one thing that inspired me was other christians being delivered and giving their testimonys, as i pray to be delivered one day myself.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi ChristianJulius,

I believe you are right, it is the devil speaking to you. I have experienced the devil speaking often in the past. I used to hear voices all the time, I thought I had committed and unpardonable sin, and the devil kept telling me I was going to hell. For me freedom came when I realised it was a lie, and I knew God loved me. The devil gave up talking when he realised it did not bring me any fear any more. You are also right about the fact that the devil can read your mind, he can, he knows our thoughts, spirits can read minds. I am not sure what will bring you freedom, but generally the devil only speaks when he thinks it brings you fear or you will listen to what he says. I believe that by ignoring the voice, and just praying to God to remove the devil, he will go. Personally I rarely ever speak to a demon, I just pray to God, but that is up to you if you feel to tell it to go in Jesus name do so. Some times I don't even acknowledge their presence. I was once praying, and said to God, "Bring fear to the devil, let him fear my prayer", a few hours latter, the devil spoke across the room "Bring fear to me", he was trying to get me to be afraid. I just ignored it, and have heard nothing from the devil since.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all,

I have been dealing with this loser named satan for sometime now. He doesn't control me but he talks through me to me (like in silence when I'm just moving my lips). I was under the influence that I was talking to god at first but god doesn't lie and this spirit was. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 5 years ago and was just hearing random voices, but now this voice has been proclaiming he is the devil and knows my thoughts and even tells me what's on my mind. I cannot believe that it isn't the devil, looking at things spritually. There is another voice that actually prays for me but to be honest I dont trust any of them. After being incarrcerated for a while and being told by the devil all sorts of lies as he pretended he was god and angels. I am really just curious to know if anyone has dealt with the spirits speaking through them because I know for a fact that it is the devil who has been doing it to m . He pretended to be sweet Jesus but he Is not. So all prayer is accepted and comments thank you! -Godbless-

Hello,

It has been my experience as a minister and layman that in the vast majority of cases where people think they are possessed or hearing Satan that it is in fact their illness talking. The following article expands on that and more. People with Schizophrenia need good mental health care. I hope you are receiving that. Please read this article:

Question: "Does the Bible mention schizophrenia?"

Answer: Schizophrenia is mentioned nowhere explicitly in the Bible. Schizophrenia is a psychological disorder characterized most commonly by hearing voices and having hallucinations, delusions, disorganized thinking, and, at times, paranoia. Often mistaken for what was once called split personality/multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia is not associated with dissociative identity disorder. The symptoms can range from mild to severe and chronic. In most cases it is a debilitating affliction that causes disruption to one’s quality of life and ability to function. It is considered a psychotic disorder by the mental health field and is usually treated with psychotropic medications. The exact cause of schizophrenia is unknown, as there is no physical test that can determine the source of the problem. The behavioral manifestations are the primary criteria for a diagnosis. Speculation about schizophrenia’s cause has led to a debate over how Christians should view the disorder in light of scriptural truths. (To read the rest of the article click on the following link. It is very good): Does the Bible mention schizophrenia?

Faithfully,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 24, 2012
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Future in hope you sound like you know what I'm going through. Man I praise god and worship him more now and it helps take my mind off of the devil speaking to me. I get on my knees and pray all the time. I also thought i commited the unpardonable sin and the devil has tried using that against me and I hate it. But the thought of just giving up on god is not an option. My heart doesn't like it at all, but thanks for your help and you to sacerdote:thumbsup:.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know what it's like to feel bad and if it's within my power I have always tried to help those who need it and help people feel better. The unpardonable sin or as it is also known, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is something that comes up a lot with people with intrusive thoughts. I've had them as well and it's not always a picnic to say the least. From a Christian perspective the unpardonable sin is not something that a Christian can do.

Today, the unpardonable sin only regards people who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. That's it in a nutshell. Any sin committed as a Christian can be admitted, repented from, and God is faithful to forgive us.

Here is a good article on the unpardonable sin or as it is also known, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit from a good Bible question and answer site called gotquestions.org:

What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Faithfully,

:groupray:

Upvote 0

Glorify

Jan 22, 2013
Ohio
✟8,378.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Christianjulious, I believe you are right to say that it's not your imagination. I think it's worse to hear psychiatrist say its your imagination when they don't hear what you hear. So that is the first step. Don't spin your wheels debating with anyone about what they don't experience! You don't want to be distracted by it I'm sure!!!!! So, I want you to try this. If you are taking meds. You can probably feel where the meds dull your mind and voices. Locate that active part of your brain which I feel is highly sensitive to the voices. Then I want you to start visualizing that spot in your brain as a door. You and Jesus own the key. Lock the door tight! Then you write a note on the door that reads....keep out! Then tell the voices that you have decided not to listen to them any more! Move your thoughts away from the door. If you find your thoughts going there.....read the sign keep out....and say I chose to ignore you! Soon they will get bored with you....you will think more clearly and soon you will hear God clearer and clearer. Try this. It takes practice. Let me know if it starts to help. I will pray for you. All things are possible with Gods help.

Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
staff edit

I used to hear voices and hallucinate but now that I take 6 mg a day of vraylar that doesn’t happen anymore. I still think that I used to be hearing and seeing demons and demonic activity but the Meds make the hallucinations go away. They don’t work for everyone but I suggest you see a psychiatrist and try the meds. I take Meds and see a psychologist regularly to talk to and to talk through with reality testing so I can tell what is real and what isnt

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,

Do you know who Jesus is?

Upvote 0