• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

voices make me depressed

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever"

John 14:16 clearly tells us that the Holy is permanent, a done deal and would be with us forever. But while we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, filling of the Holy Spirit is continuous. The Bible says that, “He who began a good work in you, is the very ONE who will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6)” This means that the sealing of the Holy Spirit is dependent only upon God’s gracious favour, while the filling of the Holy Spirit is dependent upon us asking Him moment of everyday to be filled with His Spirit. To be filled with the Holy Spirit, we must be emptied of ourselves.

In the old testament, the Holy Spirit will come on one of God's people and uses them and then goes back to heaven. The Holy Spirit came upon Samson and used him. The Holy Spirit came upon Isaiah and used him, and then HE went back to heaven. That is why David prays in the Psalms saying, "Take not thy holy spirit from me." But on the day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit permanently came to earth to dwell in all those who put their faith in Jesus Christ. It was for the first time in human history until that moment that the Holy Sipirt came to indwell the believers, and whenever a person receives the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour and Lord, the Holy Spirit comes in and dwells in him or her. The Holy Spirit, the very breath of God dwells in us. For he is the spirit of the living God. He is the full representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is why Jesus can promise us that, "Never will I leave you nor forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5-6

The Spirit Of The Living God.

Thanks for pointing that out, I must have not been aware of that. But now that you pointed it out, I do notice the Holy Spirit in me whenever Satan tries to tempt me.

There are different things with the Holy Spirit, for instance there are the fruits of the Spirit: Galatians 5:22-23

"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Those are what I was referring to regarding service of the Lord.

Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2019
Wichita
✟8,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
voices make me want to end it my ocd as well :(

:( im very sorry you are struggling, im praying for you. Don't let the enemy win, God loves you very much. when those voices keep coming, try to find something to distract and ignore them. if that doesnt work pray, just pray pray and pray, God hears you and knows your struggle. start reading scripture out loud, pray outloud, and listen to worship music loud, make God the loudes voice in the room and drown out those voices. Trust God with all your heart. be patient, God has a good plan for you, He is NOT willing that any should perish. so those thoughts of suicide is the enemy whispering in your ear. remember to submit to God and resist the devil and he will flee.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2019
Lagos
✟15,605.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey dear I am sorry to hear that but one thing I know is that God loves you and he wants the best for you. Those voices need to be silenced, they can be. They mustn't speak. You just need to fill your mind with the right voices and that voice will disappear. read this post make sure you read it to the end, it has links to some helpful audio downloads at the end. I love you. 10 Reasons Why You are Depressed and How to deal with them - youlaif.com

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

i have struggled with voices for many years and medications didn't help or made me sick otherwise and so i couldn't take them.

It is very depressing when we loose hope. So it is best not to loose hope and not to stop searching. In the end i found that healing my gut, cutting out sugar, and eating a lot more fresh unsprayed vegetables and fruits and cutting out wheat and pastas has helped me a lot. i also take a high amount of niacin, vitamin b1, b2, b5, b6, b12, C, and d3, magnesium and 5-htp, on an on off basis, this has been working great. Mostly my voices have gone away now and my racing thoughts calmed down to normal.

Healing can come your way as well. Keep searching don't ever give up.

Upvote 0