Upvote 0

Jamin4422

Jul 5, 2012
✟3,349.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps some of you anti science creationists should at the least listen to what this man had to say
I have watched a lot of his stuff on youtube and posted a lot of it here for others to watch. I am not any less of a Creationists and actually I am more of a Creationist. The more I learn about the universe we live in the more I believe in God. Because there is just so much science cannot explain that we find find answers and understanding in our Bible.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I stopped at 06:15.

What are the Cliffs Notes on this?

The reason you stopped at 6:15 and asked for the Cliffs Notes is exactly what Tyson was talking about. If you or anyone was expecting him to say something about creationism, he did not. Listen to the rest of it AV. :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have watched a lot of his stuff on youtube and posted a lot of it here for others to watch. I am not any less of a Creationists and actually I am more of a Creationist. The more I learn about the universe we live in the more I believe in God. Because there is just so much science cannot explain that we find find answers and understanding in our Bible.
Do you know what the man rambled about?

He started off with some quote from someone whose name I can't even spell, then launched into something about the government.

He said something about we not going to the moon anymore because Russia dropped their desire to go ... (or something like that).

I thought that was a good point, but I don't know if that's true, or if he's just another Chatty Cathy, invited to the Senate to waste our tax dollars.

I suppose the Senate, like scientists, has to look like it's doing something.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps some of you anti science creationists should at the least listen to what this man had to say: Neil deGrasse Tyson Testifies Before Senate Science Committee, March 7, 2012 - YouTube

Hmmm, anti-science creationists...that would be a very small pool to say the least. (Little hint, we're not anti-science we're against that gobbldyguck some call abiogenesis) If your attempt was to throw an insult while posting some dry YouTube video, sorry you failed. I KNOW God is the creator, and so where folks like you throw that word around like an insult, I wear it as a badge of honor.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The reason you stopped at 6:15 and asked for the Cliffs Notes is exactly what Tyson was talking about. If you or anyone was expecting him to say something about creationism, he did not. Listen to the rest of it AV. :)
Forget it ... he'd better be able to hold my attention (by getting straight to the point), or he can take a hike.

Some time ago, someone posted here an hour-plus long video about some people on a bus, led around the country by some atheist, and I parsed that video and took notes and everything.

Then I posted my comments to each segment.

That's something I very rarely do.

Mzungu posts a lot of chatty, hour-long videos that I won't even consider watching.

I'm not here to watch TV.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamin4422

Jul 5, 2012
✟3,349.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
In Relationship
Tyson is a Harvard graduate. Of course he knows how to raise funds. What is the point other then that we should put money into his project.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Forget it ... he'd better be able to hold my attention (by getting straight to the point), or he can take a hike.

Some time ago, someone posted here an hour-plus long video about some people on a bus, led around the country by some atheist, and I parsed that video and took notes and everything.

Then I posted my comments to each segment.

That's something I very rarely do.

Mzungu posts a lot of chatty, hour-long videos that I won't even consider watching.

I'm not here to watch TV.

I expect nothing less from such a statement. That is the exact attitude and the theme of what he talked about.

Perhaps a good question is why you like to mock science so much.:confused:

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
I expect nothing less from such a statement. That is the exact attitude and the theme of what he talked about.

Perhaps a good question is why you like to mock science so much.:confused:

Could we perhaps not make this thread about AV. I know it is AV's purpose to make every thread about him, but could we at least ignore him on a few?

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Tyson is a Harvard graduate. Of course he knows how to raise funds. What is the point other then that we should put money into his project.

:doh:He was not selling any project of his. He was invited by the U.S. Senate to testify before the Science Committee. Hey, I've got an idea, why not try watching (and listening) to the entire video and try to understand what he is saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Could we perhaps not make this thread about AV. I know it is AV's purpose to make every thread about him, but could we at least ignore him on a few?
Rick, this was addressed to you.

Would you please answer him?

I get tired of this false accusation, and perhaps if someone "on the other side" would do so, it would carry more weight than if I just denied [or reported] it.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Rick, this was addressed to you.

Would you please answer him?

I get tired of this false accusation, and perhaps if someone "on the other side" would do so, it would carry more weight than if I just denied [or reported] it.

Thank you.

I ignored the comment because I felt it was unnecessary as well. :thumbsup: I try not to make personal comments, but I think it leaks through on all of us from time to time. :blush: After all, we are human (great apes). ;)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I ignored the comment because I felt it was unnecessary as well. :thumbsup: I try not to make personal comments, but I think it leaks through on all of us from time to time. :blush: After all, we are human (great apes). ;)
LOL ... Now I don't know whether to thank you again, or sigh.

Thanks ... ;)

Upvote 0