Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey there I'm about 5 minutes new to this place and I just need help with something. I'm courting currently with my girlfriend and we have been talking a lot about marriage recently. We have been together for two years and have been working hard and succeeding for the most part on purity, living for Him and keeping him at the center of our relationship and the center of our own lives, too. we are both just 18 years old and understand we are so innocent and lack lots of knowledge about, well, basically anything about marriage. From a percentage standpoint, we know that 99.999999999% of what we will learn about ourselves and marriage and about God is left without discovery just yet.

Anyways, with all this said and all this stuff happening, I have an issue: I worry about everything. I have this voice in my head that I hear when it's quiet in my head or when I pray sometimes (usually close to the only time it's quiet) that says I need to break up with my girlfriend. It's a sinister whispering voice that says this all the time and especially when I'm expecting it, it says it, cuts me off whenever I'm trying to pray to God.

"Dear Lord thank you so much for-"
"Break up with her, break up with her!"

Its like I trigger it myself... I have worked past the fact that it may be God for the most part, but sometimes I worry that I'm lying to myself because i want this so bad. And that it is Him and I'm just living this big lie. But at the same time i speak to the elders in my life about marrying this girl and oftentimes i feel his presence so strong, like that feeling that he's smiling and happy about this.

What can I do to abolish this voice from my head... so I can stop worrying about the possibility that it is God and I'm pushing him away? It frustrates and confuses me so much.

I ask for prayer, advice, proper discernment, and tips to get the devil out of my head and to have me stop worrying and creating insecurities. I love this girl so much, and this one thing has been affecting me for too long.

Drick

Aug 22, 2017
Alabama
✟18,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Don't necessarily discount your anxiety. What if there's actually something wrong that you aren't consciously aware of? People have a dangerous assumption that disregarding wisdom when it comes to relationships of romantic and/or sexual nature is consequence-free, and that's the cause of so many divorces, and more tragically, children of divorce.

Here's a quick question: What are her virtues? By virtues, I mean positive attributes of a person that, say, a penguin couldn't just as easily have. For example, being a polite person isn't a virtue, but giving resources to the poor is virtuous.

If you can't come up with three answers in five minutes, you might want to stop and have a serious retrospective regarding the whole relationship.

Reactions: josephcamline
Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hey there I'm about 5 minutes new to this place and I just need help with something. I'm courting currently with my girlfriend and we have been talking a lot about marriage recently. We have been together for two years and have been working hard and succeeding for the most part on purity, living for Him and keeping him at the center of our relationship and the center of our own lives, too. we are both just 18 years old and understand we are so innocent and lack lots of knowledge about, well, basically anything about marriage. From a percentage standpoint, we know that 99.999999999% of what we will learn about ourselves and marriage and about God is left without discovery just yet.

Anyways, with all this said and all this stuff happening, I have an issue: I worry about everything. I have this voice in my head that I hear when it's quiet in my head or when I pray sometimes (usually close to the only time it's quiet) that says I need to break up with my girlfriend. It's a sinister whispering voice that says this all the time and especially when I'm expecting it, it says it, cuts me off whenever I'm trying to pray to God.

Its like I trigger it myself... I have worked past the fact that it may be God for the most part, but sometimes I worry that I'm lying to myself because i want this so bad. And that it is Him and I'm just living this big lie. But at the same time i speak to the elders in my life about marrying this girl and oftentimes i feel his presence so strong, like that feeling that he's smiling and happy about this.

What can I do to abolish this voice from my head... so I can stop worrying about the possibility that it is God and I'm pushing him away? It frustrates and confuses me so much.

I ask for prayer, advice, proper discernment, and tips to get the devil out of my head and to have me stop worrying and creating insecurities. I love this girl so much, and this one thing has been affecting me for too long.
You might also want to talk about this with a pastor.

If you are hearing an actual voice, there could be something else going on here. It might not actually be God's voice. It could be a medical condition or a mental illness or even something demonic. It may be God as well, but I have never heard of God interacting that way with someone in that it interrupts prayer life and unsettles someone.

Upvote 0

josephcamline

Sep 21, 2017
Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't necessarily discount your anxiety. What if there's actually something wrong that you aren't consciously aware of? People have a dangerous assumption that disregarding wisdom when it comes to relationships of romantic and/or sexual nature is consequence-free, and that's the cause of so many divorces, and more tragically, children of divorce.

Here's a quick question: What are her virtues? By virtues, I mean positive attributes of a person that, say, a penguin couldn't just as easily have. For example, being a polite person isn't a virtue, but giving resources to the poor is virtuous.

If you can't come up with three answers in five minutes, you might want to stop and have a serious retrospective regarding the whole relationship.

As a child of a divorced family I take extreme caution in this in making sure that if I have children they will never go through the same things that I have gone through. Growing up with your parents not together, in different houses, let alone hating each others guts is something i so passionately want my kids to never even know. Its what i look forward to most in my marriage with whom ever my spouse may be. to raise kids in the way God wanted us all to.
Her virtues are an extreme compassion towards others, (she's going to school to be a nurse,) an almost miraculous compatibility with me in an endless amount of ways, humor, interests, hobbies, but extreme differences in all the right things that require a balance to work. and another being a relationship with God that I can look up to and learn from as well as understand and help to reassure when she is dealing with struggles in her life. The list goes on. I should take your words into consideration thought. That Gods wisdom surpasses mine and maybe its something i cannot yet see. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

josephcamline

Sep 21, 2017
Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As a child of a divorced family I take extreme caution in this in making sure that if I have children they will never go through the same things that I have gone through. Growing up with your parents not together, in different houses, let alone hating each others guts is something i so passionately want my kids to never even know. Its what i look forward to most in my marriage with whom ever my spouse may be. to raise kids in the way God wanted us all to.
Her virtues are an extreme compassion towards others, (she's going to school to be a nurse,) an almost miraculous compatibility with me in an endless amount of ways, humor, interests, hobbies, but extreme differences in all the right things that require a balance to work. and another being a relationship with God that I can look up to and learn from as well as understand and help to reassure when she is dealing with struggles in her life. The list goes on. I should take your words into consideration thought. That Gods wisdom surpasses mine and maybe its something i cannot yet see. Thank you for your help.
in additions she too struggles with a divorced family situation of her own and I believe we can both utilize our grown passion from a product of the devil to terminate his actions of divorce in both of our families.

• Agree
Upvote 0

josephcamline

Sep 21, 2017
Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You might also want to talk about this with a pastor.

If you are hearing an actual voice, there could be something else going on here. It might not actually be God's voice. It could be a medical condition or a mental illness or even something demonic. It may be God as well, but I have never heard of God interacting that way with someone in that it interrupts prayer life and unsettles someone.
It seems to be something like my conscious. I used to always hear a sinister voice as a child while playing games on the computer, it was a hot fiery wrath of words about anger and " do this, do that" also some violent things too. like intrusive thought but much more conversational. Weird stuff...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

You could try asking it "why"...? If it says nothing back, tell it that if your not going to give me a good reason why, then, go away and shut up, in Jesus name, now!, and don't ever come back until you "put up or shut up" Devil...

If it gives you a reason why, make sure it's not playing on your own doubts and insecurities, which it will try to do... Most of the reasons that he may try to give you, you can say, "That's not true, and that's not going to happen, and even if it does wind up happening, I willing to take that risk with her, this one in particular, cause she's well worth it to me..."

Try to shut him up and shut him down if he is pestering you, Settle matters with him quickly, (Matthew 5:25) To do this, go and get right to the point, or cut right to the chase with him, (cause he also plays on peoples inability to do that) and he usually says very little to nothing back, and then tell him "put up or shut up or go away right now, Devil, Satan, in Jesus name!...

Be bold, be brave, be strong and courageous and stand your ground... Definitely ask Jesus for help with it/him (this voice)...

If you have a knack of cutting right to the chase, you wind up shutting him down or up, much of the time...

Ask the Lord to keep him away from you, unless his will is otherwise...

The good news is that, he (The Devil) might, by his trying to...? (don't have the right word), anyway, by what he is trying to do, if you do it right, he could actually make you more sure and secure in this decision, by showing you your own doubts and your dealing with them and overcoming them, and oh how he hates that, that's when a thing backfires on him...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

josephcamline

Sep 21, 2017
Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You could try asking it "why"...? If it says nothing back, tell it that if your not going to give me a good reason why, then, go away and shut up, in Jesus name, now!, and don't ever come back until you "put up or shut up" Devil...

If it gives you a reason why, make sure it's not playing on your own doubts and insecurities, which it will try to do... Most of the reasons that he may try to give you, you can say, "That's not true, and that's not going to happen, and even if it does wind up happening, I willing to take that risk with her, this one in particular, cause she's well worth it to me..."

Try to shut him up and shut him down if he is pestering you, Settle matters with him quickly, (Matthew 5:25) To do this, go and get right to the point, or cut right to the chase with him, (cause he also plays on peoples inability to do that) and he usually says very little to nothing back, and then tell him "put up or shut up or go away right now, Devil, Satan, in Jesus name!...

Be bold, be brave, be strong and courageous and stand your ground... Definitely ask Jesus for help with it/him (this voice)...

If you have a knack of cutting right to the chase, you wind up shutting him down or up, much of the time...

Ask the Lord to keep him away from you, unless his will is otherwise...

The good news is that, he (The Devil) might, by his trying to...? (don't have the right word), anyway, by what he is trying to do, if you do it right, he could actually make you more sure and secure in this decision, by showing you your own doubts and your dealing with them and overcoming them, and oh how he hates that, that's when a thing backfires on him...

God Bless!
Reading rushed me with relief. You know that relief when God is saying "YES! this! this is the truth, this is my truth" thank you so much and thank God for using your tongue (or your hands rather) to share this with me its something i needed to hear and will try!

Upvote 0

josephcamline

Sep 21, 2017
Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, not good. When you say "sinister," what gives you that impression? What makes it sound sinister to you? What sort of violent things?
its an angry whisper. just sounds like fire i dont know how else to describe it.

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
its an angry whisper. just sounds like fire i dont know how else to describe it.
There's a lot of people that had that problem most of them for sanity sake would not admit to it I have a similar experience but different I find stress and environment plays a Factor in it but I don't think there's any way to block it I'm sorry if that don't help

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There's a lot of people that had that problem most of them for sanity sake would not admit to it I have a similar experience but different I find stress and environment plays a Factor in it but I don't think there's any way to block it I'm sorry if that don't help
There is, you can shut it up, then order it away in Jesus name, and it must leave... (till another time) (if that is God's will)... Then do it again, if it comes back later on, keep doing it till it is exhausted or finished with you...

If it does not leave, then use scripture or scriptural principles, to remind it that it must, if it still persists, (which I've never had this problem with it) (it's never gone this far with me) But, my opinion is (from experience) is that there must be something "unresolved" that it wants to talk or try to mess with you about, and the trick is to resolve it and settle it (the issue), shutting him/it up and down. And, then, when there's silence, ordering him away in the power and authority of Jesus name...

God Bless!

• Informative
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is, you can shut it up, then order it away in Jesus name, and it must leave... (till another time) (if that is God's will)... Then do it again, if it comes back later on, keep doing it till it is exhausted or finished with you...

If it does not leave, then use scripture or scriptural principles, to remind it that it must, if it still persists, (which I've never had this problem with it) (it's never gone this far with me) But, my opinion is (from experience) is that there must be something "unresolved" that it wants to talk or try to mess with you about, and the trick is to resolve it and settle it (the issue), shutting him/it up and down. And, then, when there's silence, ordering him away in the power and authority of Jesus name...

God Bless!
Two Words Behavioral Health

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Two Words Behavioral Health
You mean mental health, already there, I told them I was hearing voices and got diagnosed as a paranoid scitzophrenic, and declared mentally disabled, so, I've been dealing with stuff like the OP is dealing with for quite some time now...

I take it you cannot personally relate...?

God Bless!

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean mental health, already there, I told them I was hearing voices and got diagnosed as a paranoid scitzophrenic, and declared mentally disabled, so, I've been dealing with stuff like the OP is dealing with for quite some time now...

I take it you cannot personally relate...?

God Bless!
The problem with the medicine they prescribe is only a short-term solution many of them have bad side effects like weight gain some of the stronger ones can make you depressed that even the medicine can't really block out the demons but it can help I was on Abilify for a short time

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem with the medicine they prescribe is only a short-term solution many of them have bad side effects like weight gain some of the stronger ones can make you depressed that even the medicine can't really block out the demons but can help I was on Abilify for a short time
I was on five different psych meds, now, only two, an antidepressant that has always worked well for me and is proven, and a mood stabilizer, that, even without my mental health issues, and just considering this world and the way it is now, I think it's crazy not to take those, just by having to deal with the world and the way it is now, alone...

This was very scary at first, but, now, I'm not nearly as scared of it/them as I use to be, which has helped a lot...

So, I have years and years of experience under my belt with the whole "voices" issue/thing now...

I can handle it a lot better than I use to be able to, and this that I'm telling the OP, is some things I had to learn and start doing, and instead of running from the agents (Matrix) turning and facing them and dealing with them (so to speak)...

Satan cannot be there all the time, but the Lord is always, and I hear both voices and sense both presences, the Lord's all the time now, (which helps more than anything, I think) and the wicked ones presence only sometimes, and usually not for very long periods of time, I deal with him right away now, and shut him up, and I don't even have to use Jesus name most of the time now, just my shutting him up, he just leaves...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Do you hear the Lord's voice also, does he speak to you, can you hear him, sense or feel his presence also...?

If not, your probably or you might need that, so, i would suggest starting to talk to him (Jesus, the Lord) and asking for this, and telling him that you need it/him to deal with this other voice...

You can PM me anytime, if you like...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Baby Cottontail

Sep 25, 2016
Northwest Ohio
✟19,571.00
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
It seems to be something like my conscious. I used to always hear a sinister voice as a child while playing games on the computer, it was a hot fiery wrath of words about anger and " do this, do that" also some violent things too. like intrusive thought but much more conversational. Weird stuff...
Thanks for sharing. None of that sounds like God to me. Is that how you conceive of God? The Holy Spirit is gentle, and does not have a sinister voice. I think we can rule out God as the author of it.

Were you ever involved in any occult activity?

Have the voices ever told you to harm yourself? Or have they ever told you that you are not loved or valued?

Have you ever told anyone else about these voices? How old were you when you first started having them?

• Agree
Upvote 0

josephcamline

Sep 21, 2017
Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do not conceive God in this way. I was describing an instance or a particular occasion that I experienced as a child. I know God is gentle but i don't know i guess the devil is good at lying and has somehow made me question this very obvious voice of my own stupid brain or the devil himself. Never was involved in any occult activity although i was hexed once from a person at school because they didnt like me. all recently though.

Upvote 0

josephcamline

Sep 21, 2017
Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do not conceive God in this way. I was describing an instance or a particular occasion that I experienced as a child. I know God is gentle but i don't know i guess the devil is good at lying and has somehow made me question this very obvious voice of my own stupid brain or the devil himself. Never was involved in any occult activity although i was hexed once from a person at school because they didnt like me. all recently though.
i was probably 9 when i first had them. never said to harm me. or anything like that. just maybe harm others. often times when alone i feel an unrest because of this thing, a watching

Upvote 0

josephcamline

Sep 21, 2017
Saint Paul
✟15,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, then it's definitely not the voice of God. The Lord will NOT sound sinister, and He especially won't speak violent things.

Now, don't freak and assume you are possessed or something. This may simply be a spirit that has been trying to attach itself to you specifically for some reason.

Some questions: How long have you been hearing this voice? Have you ever tried rebuking it in the name of Jesus Christ? How strong are you as a believer?
I'm very very strong as a believer. I have not tried the rebuking and I will now. Thank you.

Upvote 0