Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing more cynical, more anti-‘progressive,’ more self-denigrating, more dense, more senseless, more anti-human, more tragic, than to decide not to have children to save the planet.

May 10, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — Vogue recently ran an article entitled, “Is Having A Baby In 2021 Pure Environmental Vandalism?” The uproar from conservatives was swift. Many commentators blasted the article, with one major media outlet saying the piece was “ripped as completely insane for calling childbearing environmental vandalism.”

Fox News contributor Rachel Campos-Duffy called the article “hysterical,” and one Twitter user said, “These people are completely insane.”

Indeed, Nell Frizzell’s article reveals that she was irrationally fearful at one point about the planetary consequences of having a child. “Before I got pregnant, I worried feverishly about the strain on the earth’s resources that another Western child would add,” she wrote.

Frizzell appears to have simmered down a bit after she conceived the child that she — as revealed elsewhere — had longed for so much. But concerns remained: “While gestating my son, and probably every day since, I have wondered whether having children is, in itself, an ecologically sound or unsound decision.”

“Well, spoiler!” She continues. “Like so much in this life, it’s not a simple binary.”

While her thought process is cause for concern, throwing the javelin of the pen at Frizzell like she’s a crazy woman misses the mark. This is not only because, to her credit, she refuses to treat “overpopulation” as a specter to be avoided, but because doing so ignores her piece’s greater context.

Continued below.
Vogue article asks, ‘Is Having A Baby In 2021 Pure Environmental Vandalism?’

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This line of thought has been pushed in a variety of ways for decades, sheepskinned as "concern" for the environment.

Satan knows how to creep "into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth" (2 Tim. 3).

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm old enough to remember Zero Population growth pushing "stop at Two" and "One is better none is best." It's a load of shear evil brought about by the Devil, who does not want more souls to populate heaven. Of course these Population controllers are all for abortion, etc.
In the 1980's there were books and magazine articles pushing childlessness and being a DINC(Double income no children) as the best lifestyle choice. However a world where there are no children is a dying, aimless, and self absorbed and hedonistic world(Just watch/read the Children of Men)
I consider my children to be my greatest treasure, wish I could have had more(I married later in life)
And while I think we should be concerned about the environment, Too many people is not the problem.
I do have a friend in my age group who got sterilized after one child, and a friend from school who got a vasectomy so he wouldn't have any children. We are all in our 60's now and I have not kept in touch to see if they still are OK with their choices.
It's terrible and sad to see this kind of thing resurface.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God created the earth for humans, it's nonsense to say "don't have children".
Genesis 1:28, states: And God blessed them. And God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.

Upvote 0