Vocal Nerve Unnecessarily Loops (Poor Design)

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please let this thread stand as a sign for all. Every time I post a thread with content showing creationism is absurd, it gets no attention. Nobody wants to learn about the vocal nerve, nobody wants to study the hebrew idea of a hard sky dome (raqia) mentioned in Genesis 1.

The facts are unimportant - emotional attachment to beliefs are what drive most people on these forums.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please let this thread stand as a sign for all. Every time I post a thread with content showing creationism is absurd, it gets no attention. Nobody wants to learn about the vocal nerve, nobody wants to study the hebrew idea of a hard sky dome (raqia) mentioned in Genesis 1.

The facts are unimportant - emotional attachment to beliefs are what drive most people on these forums.

Nobody wants to recognize the fact that it's impossible for the indescribable complexity of life to occur by only a random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless (other than procreation) and directionless natural mechanism acting on a single life form from long long ago.

Nothing in nature would suggest such a view. Only the gullible who embrace Scienceism would have such a faith-based view.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. Show how it's impossible

There's no way to show it's remotely possible. The tremendous variety and indescribable complexity show's it's impossible for only random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless (other than procreation) and directionless naturalistic mechanisms to produce this from a single life form of long long ago.

2. Everything in nature suggests this view. It is only your supernatural beliefs (and incredulity) that suggest otherwise.

Nothing in anything which has been observed in nature would remotely suggest such a view, absolutely nothing. Bacteria evolving into bacteria as an example is incredibly stupid at best and purposely deceitful at worse.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
There's no way to show it's remotely possible. The tremendous variety and indescribable complexity show's it's impossible for only random, mindless, meaningless, purposeless (other than procreation) and directionless naturalistic mechanisms to produce this from a single life form of long long ago.

Please evidence your claim that it is impossible.

Nothing in anything which has been observed in nature would remotely suggest such a view, absolutely nothing. Bacteria evolving into bacteria as an example is incredibly stupid at best and purposely deceitful at worse.

And yet you won't accept humans evolving from a common ancestor shared with chimps even though it is primates evolving into primates.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please evidence your claim that it is impossible.

Provide evidence that it's possible. Observable evidence. Until you do, the indescribable complexity and incredible variety of life renders it impossible.

And yet you won't accept humans evolving from a common ancestor shared with chimps even though it is primates evolving into primates.

Your claim. Prove it.

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Provide evidence that it's possible. Observable evidence. Until you do, the indescribable complexity and incredible variety of life renders it impossible.
You've severely misunderstood the default position and possibly the burden of proof.

You've claimed that it's impossible (post #5), you back it up.

When they ask you to demonstrate your claim, it's not an acceptable answer to demand that they show you wrong. This is known as shifting the burden of proof.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

The burden of proof is on you to support your own claims. You claimed it is impossible. Prove it.

Your claim. Prove it.

Already have proved it, over and over.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Apologies. My quote function appears to be broken and I'm improvising.

You've made the claim that it's impossible. Please demonstrate how it's impossible, or retract your previous assertion.

I'll give one example that does more than simply suggest it: Genetics. Also, I'm not sure what your gripe about bacteria is, honestly. They're a great example to use because they reproduce extremely rapidly, thus allowing us to observe successive generations in a short time frame.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Your claim. Prove it.

It has been proven possible. All that we need to show is that positive mutations occur and they have been selected. We can show that in the laboratory and in the field.

In the laboratory there is the long term E. coli experiment. In the field there aer many examples, but I will list two in humans alone.

Actually I will do this indirectly.

1. Can you drink milk?

2. The gene that causes sickle cell anemia is a positive mutation. It is up to you to find out why.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's been no observable ability of naturalistic mechanisms to produce anything close to the variety and complexity of life we observe today. That's because it's impossible. If you think it possible, simply give observable evidence. Otherwise I'm really not interested in your Godless, faith-base creationist views.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I saw this video on YouTube and thought it might be worthwhile for creationists to check out.
This site gives an effective defense against the dysteleological argument.

To ignore the defense, based on the crediblity of the source, could result in a court decision that would surprise you -- if it ever went to court.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You've severely misunderstood the default position and possibly the burden of proof.

You've claimed that it's impossible (post #5), you back it up.

When they ask you to demonstrate your claim, it's not an acceptable answer to demand that they show you wrong. This is known as shifting the burden of proof.

I've given the proof for my claim, the complete and total lack of evidence that any such thing could occur.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It has been proven possible. All that we need to show is that positive mutations occur and they have been selected. We can show that in the laboratory and in the field.

In the laboratory there is the long term E. coli experiment. In the field there aer many examples, but I will list two in humans alone.

Actually I will do this indirectly.

1. Can you drink milk?

2. The gene that causes sickle cell anemia is a positive mutation. It is up to you to find out why.

Not a single thing you've posted would remotely suggest that only naturalistic mechanisms could produce the inexplicable complexity and tremendous variety of life we observe today.

Upvote 0