England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There’s no doubt that the Lord choses some who have been privileged to see heaven and hell as what Paul have talked about in 2 Corinthians.
I have recently heard of Sarah Boyanga’s testimony.
She seems to have never made money out of that testimony by writing a book or books. In fact, her family gave out free CDs.
I understand that we should be cautious and test the spirits but something inside tells me that she is telling the truth about her encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ and visits in the heavenly realms.

What are your opinions about this?

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There’s no doubt that the Lord choses some who have been privileged to see heaven and hell as what Paul have talked about in 2 Corinthians.
She seems to have never made money out of that testimony by writing a book or books. In fact, her family gave out free CDs.
I understand that we should be cautious and test the spirits but something inside tells me that she is telling the truth about her encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ and visits in the heavenly realms.

I haven't heard of hers in particular myself, but I am a firm believer in heavenly visitations. I regard them as genuine and authoritative. My reasoning is two-fold.

1. They bear witness with my spirit when I read them (only one has not).
2. I am not of the opinion that matters as important as the existence of Heaven and Hell are things our God would simply leave up to His people to believe without any confirmations in their own time. There are numerous testimonies of both Heaven and Hell, and they have led to tens of thousands of souls committing to Christ, and countless others choosing not to depart from Him out of the fear of God.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

The fact that she overcame shyness is evidence that the Holy Spirit is moving in her powerfully.......

This is the first that I heard of her....

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't heard her story specifically, but I'm not sure what to make on some of these in general. A lot seem genuine but it's hard to know for sure.

2 Corinthians 12 Good News Translation (GNT)
Paul's Visions and Revelations
12 I have to boast, even though it doesn't do any good. But I will now talk about visions and revelations given me by the Lord. 2 I know a certain Christian man who fourteen years ago was snatched up to the highest heaven (I do not know whether this actually happened or whether he had a vision—only God knows). 3-4 I repeat, I know that this man was snatched to Paradise (again, I do not know whether this actually happened or whether it was a vision—only God knows), and there he heard things which cannot be put into words, things that human lips may not speak. 5 So I will boast about this man—but I will not boast about myself, except the things that show how weak I am. 6 If I wanted to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be telling the truth. But I will not boast, because I do not want any of you to have a higher opinion of me than you have as a result of what you have seen me do and heard me say.

7 But to keep me from being puffed up with pride because of the many wonderful things I saw, I was given a painful physical ailment, which acts as Satan's messenger to beat me and keep me from being proud. 8 Three times I prayed to the Lord about this and asked him to take it away. 9 But his answer was: “My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak.” I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me. 10 I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The bold parts of likely conditions. If I do not see them in a testimony, I usually dismiss it as emotionalism.

"Joseph Smith continued visiting myself and others up to a certain time, and then it stopped. The last time I saw him was in heaven. In the night vision I saw him at the door of the temple in heaven. He came to me and spoke to me. He said he could not stop to talk with me because he was in a hurry. The next man I met was Father Smith; he could not talk with me because he was in a hurry. I met half a dozen brethren who had held high positions on earth, and none of them could stop to talk with me because they were in a hurry. I was much astonished."Wilford Woodruff's Vision of Joseph Smith at the Temple in Heaven

"Following this ordinance, says the Prophet Joseph Smith, “The visions of heaven were opened to them also. Some of them saw the face of the Savior, and others were ministered unto by holy angels.” He further testified that “we all communed with the heavenly host. … The spirit of prophecy and revelation,” he added, “was poured out in mighty power.”"
Witnesses of the Glories of Heaven

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...hUKEwjakOSghLrlAhUJbKwKHboLB-8Q4dUDCAg&uact=5

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"
The Lives of Angels is a unique, thought-provoking vision of heaven and its inhabitants.

For decades after his experience of spiritual awakening, scientist and theologian Emanuel Swedenborg visited the afterlife and wrote firsthand accounts of what he saw there. Scattered throughout his writings are descriptions of how angels live—their homes, their communities, and even their romantic relationships. The Lives of Angels brings his most striking insights into these heavenly beings together in one compact volume.

The introduction by Grant Schnarr helps readers dip their toes into Swedenborg’s spiritual world, framing Swedenborg’s vivid, compelling recollections of things seen and heard in other realms."
New Book Describes a Vision of Heaven and Its Inhabitants – Swedenborg Foundation

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"
From Early Writings, starting at the bottom of page 15:

"... Soon our eyes were drawn to the east, for a small black cloud had appeared, about half as large as a man's hand, which we all knew was the sign of the Son of man. We all in solemn silence gazed on the cloud as it drew nearer and became lighter, glorious, and still more glorious, till it was a great white cloud. The bottom appeared like fire; a rainbow was over the cloud, while around it were ten thousand angels, singing a most lovely song; and upon it sat the Son of man. His hair was white and curly and lay on His shoulders; and upon His head were many crowns. His feet had the appearance of fire; in His right hand was a sharp sickle; in His left, a silver trumpet. His eyes were as flame of fire, which searched His children through and through. Then all faces gathered paleness, and those that God had rejected gathered blackness. Then we all cried out, "Who shall be able to stand? Is my robe spotless?" Then the angels ceased to sing, and there was some time of awful silence, when Jesus spoke: "Those who have clean hands and pure hearts shall be able to stand; My grace is sufficient for you." At this our faces lighted up, and joy filled every heart. And the angels struck a note higher and sang again, while the clouds drew still nearer the earth."
ELLEN WHITE RELATING A VISION OF HEAVEN

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"
Have you not read how Hubbard claims like Aleister Crowley to be the antichrist?

2 Answers

Michael Bolstler

Answered Aug 24, 2019 · Author has 1.1k answers and 69.6k answer views

That is fairly recent information, but it was pretty obvious that hubbard was an antichrist (a religious prophet who came after Jesus and denies Jesus had came in the flesh and was who he claimed to be).

I always found his written recordings of his visions, along with his dismissive interpretation, fascinating. Like once he got a vision of Heaven before his big pay-wall went up, and later on once he got the alien space delusion implant machine going, he got another vision of a decrepit looking Heaven that was no longer open.
"
Have you not read how Hubbard claims like Aleister Crowley to be the antichrist? - Quora

Upvote 0