• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

vision from God or merely hypnagogic hallucination?

Joshua0019

Apr 30, 2021
Pennsylvania
✟15,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I'm Josh and I am new to christian forums (coming from bibleforums.org). Something strange happened to me last night. I would've posted this on bibleforums but that site isn't working right now so I'll post it here. It was about 3-4 AM and I was in bed, in the state of mind just after being awoken, somewhere between wakefulness and sleep, when, with my eyes closed, I felt fear run through my body, I saw a white flash of light, accompanied by a swooshing sort of noise, and then I heard my name being called. "Josh." The voice didn't sound like thunder or what I would imagine God's voice to be, rather, it sounded nasal and maybe like a distortion of my own voice/thoughts.

Later on that night I continued to feel fear rack through my body several times, and then I heard screaming in my ears. Hearing this screaming has happened to me before, but not seeing the flash of light accompanied by the noise and my name being called.

During this time I saw words in my head, which gave me the impression that there was some sort of real-time discussion going on in heaven concerning me. Some of the words said things like, "Test him, do it again", but then other words said, "No - he's not ready now, he's too afraid. Give it time." But the whole time I was half-wondering whether I was making the whole thing up in my head - simply visualizing these words in my mind because I desired it to be real. Does anyone else see words in their head when they think?

I'm from a nondenominational background but I sometimes have had doubts/thoughts about whether I'm in the right church, I've wondered about whether true prophecy is still active in the church today, but Hebrews 1:1-2 appears to say no to that. I've wondered about spiritual gifts as well, but 1 Cor 13:8-10 appears to say they have passed away, as I understand. In any case, I've recently been praying to God to let me prophesy or to have spiritual gifts, but nothing really has happened. Sometimes thoughts or fragments of sentences come into my mind but I have a suspicion that I'm merely making it up in my own mind, rather than it coming from the Holy Spirit or God the Father. Closest thing that has happened to me was when I had a headache and I asked God to heal me of it, and it felt like it lessened in the moment, but I wasn't sure if it was really because of the prayer or because of something else.

Thanks for your thoughts. Just trying to prayerfully work through honest questions and come to the truth, whatever it is.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you believe that the gifts & prophecy have ceased, you will have a hard time finding a dream interpreter.

If you are not convinced of that, these churches might be able to help you:
(Links above are locators.)

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If it was truly a divine message to you, I'm not sure what to make of it. Perhaps you were allowed to hear an angelic discussion (or something of the sort). It could have been that this experience was the testing they were discussing! Not sure what to say, this doesn't give much to work with. Maybe the bit you said about doubting the existence of continued prophesies was a reason for all this to happen; God knew it would compel you to discuss it online, to forge a deeper understanding of prophesy in the years AD.

There seems to be way too much here to be hypnogogic, though I'm sure the standard for what counts as "normal" in this state of mind varies from person to person. I have had nothing of the sort, nothing nearly as vivid, and calling out your name is a detail I've never heard of. I advise you to do psychology research alongside your spiritual questions; the two work together very well (I say this as someone who's majored in Psychology & Theology through college).

Thanks for your thoughts. Just trying to prayerfully work through honest questions and come to the truth, whatever it is.
This is key; you're already on the right path if this is your mentality.

Peace,:pray:

Upvote 0

67_Reasons

66 pages + the Lord Jesus
Jan 12, 2021
Skipperville, AL, USA
✟85,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can contend to some of this here, this sounds like an actual encounter.

1. How much news do you watch?
2. I would cut back on sports drinks and electrolytes "not completely" maybe smart water now and then.
3. Try going to a park and get into some arts and crafts. Never hurts.
-- if these don't solve the problems you maybe the subject of real aliens.

Fear is a sin, read 1 john 4:18. you are probably in a state right now where your courage is being tested but be careful and above all, don't react violently. negative energies are just that, an energy; if you attempt to cut the demon down you become his energy and it may negatively effect your journey.

I have been the subject of remote viewing in 2018 and I've learned how to do this in some methods. One being the use of a magnetic trance, your ghost is plasma but also electricity, one of the methods of accomplishing this is to raise iron and electrolyte levels to make your subconscious mind to travel. I know this sound slightly universal but that's because it is. normally power sources are involved like transmission lines and cell towers.

Above this you mentioned screaming, this may mean that you are being called back in an abrupt emergency by your guardian angel. Any time you hear this you should instantly follow his/her command.

Also; when I was met by a voice it was during a ethereal smoke screen of sorts. I was out in the open and the world, yes, the physical world was communicating with me. Almost all of the angels were thrown off and confused by what happened on the fifth day of April 16. So if you need some more positive advice.

and last, I too am also a subject to the aliens. I know you won't find evidence of this, do you remember the "L" craft of 2006-2012? I only saw the YouTube clip from the space station once before the government took it down but here is something they won't take from me; I'm a firsthand witness of that craft "On earth" and so I apparently was singled out. For what I've yet to know, but I feel as if I'm soon to find out...

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟909,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree it sounds like an actual encounter. I've seen the silhouette of Jesus before too. I've also heard the voice of Satan in my sleep before too and have had received several visions from both Jesus and Satan. I honestly do not believe they are in my mind or hallucinations. I've experienced many auditory and visual hallucinations in my life. For almost my whole life. These were definitely the real deal.

Upvote 0