Vision and visit from the Lord for a calling?

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I had a dream two years ago and I was awoken in the middle of the night by the Lord saying "It's a sign" so I am wondering if it is a calling for one of the gifts?

This only happened once two years ago over a period of 3 days.

Day 1 - I had a dream a lion tried to attack me and I killed it with my bear hands.

Day 2 - I had a dream I was Samuel and very old. I was woken up in the middle of the night by the Lord saying "It's a sign"

Day 3 - I opened my Bible and there coincidentally was a passage about Samuel hearing the voice of the Lord in the middle of the night.

----------------------------------------------------

What happened up until now almost reminded me of what happened to Joseph who was given a vision and went through rejection, isolation, and temptation. I came across a sermon that mentioned this.

1. I was rejected. Several months later my partner left me and I was rejected among my coworkers and my friends.

2. I was isolated. I got a new job and in the city where I moved to I ended up only being able to find a place to live 30 minutes from the capital city in a small town of 10,000 people, then corona hit, and I was a bit isolate - but at least time to focus more on reading the Bible.

3. Temptation. Just like Joseph was being pursued by a married woman, I found myself in a similar situation and had to try and run away from this person. After meeting her once she wanted to get married have an affair and for me to be the father of her 5 month old baby. I had to try and run away, block and avoid this person. She lied and said she was single.

What is strange is I had a dream of this person and later Jesus appeared in a dream and warned me of the situation I was in.

-------
So here I am now. I am just wondering what were those dreams and why was I told "It's a sign?" I never knew about those Biblical stories until after the dream and seeing them in the Bible the next days.

Any thoughts? I am trying to align my purpose and mission with God and want to know if this is perhaps related to a gift of prophecy?

I considered moving to the Czech Republic because it is one of the most atheist countries in the world and helping the Great Commission in this aspect (I can already speak the language fluently).

Thanks,
M.

I will give you some thoughts on the dreams, but I can not say it is right it is just my impression.

Day 1 - I had a dream a lion tried to attack me and I killed it with my bear hands.

Sampson was on his way to a wedding (a sinful one), and the LORD gave him the strength to kill a lion. It was as if God was saying to Sampson, you are headed in the wrong direction, I have called you to strength, to a higher calling. God will often intervene when we are headed in the wrong direction, with a work of power. Sampson did not listen to God's call. But our ears can always be open to it.

Day 2 - I had a dream I was Samuel and very old. I was woken up in the middle of the night by the Lord saying "It's a sign"

Maybe the LORD is calling you in your later years to be like Samual, maybe there is still more learning to go through for now. Don't let this stop you from your call now, but a deeper call may come later.

Day 3 - I opened my Bible and there coincidentally was a passage about Samuel hearing the voice of the Lord in the middle of the night.

This would be a confirmation of the dream.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟548,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I had a dream two years ago and I was awoken in the middle of the night by the Lord saying "It's a sign" so I am wondering if it is a calling for one of the gifts.

What happened up until now almost reminded me of what happened to Joseph who was given a vision and went through rejection, isolation, and temptation. I came across a sermon that mentioned this.

1. I was rejected. Several months later my partner left me and I was rejected among my coworkers and my friends.

2. I was isolated. I got a new job and in the city where I moved to I ended up only being able to find a place to live 30 minutes from the capital city in a small town of 10,000 people, then corona hiLord saying "It's a sign" so I am wondering if it is a calling for one of the gifts?

2. I was isolated. I got a new job and in the city where I moved to I ended up only being able to find a place to live 30 minutes from the capital city in a small town of 10,000 people, then corona hit, and I was a bit isolate - but at least time to focus more on reading the Bible.

3. Temptation. Just like Joseph was being pursued by a married woman, I found myself in a similar situation and had to try and run away from this person. After meeting her once she wanted to get married have an affair and for me to be the father of her 5 month old baby. I had to try and run away, block and avoid this person. She lied and said she was single.

What is strange is I had a dream of this person and later Jesus appeared in a dream and warned me of the situation I was in.

-------
So here I am now. I am just wondering what were those dreams and why was I told "It's a sign?" I never knew about those Biblical stories until after the dream and seeing them in the Bible the next days.

Any thoughts? I am trying to align my purpose and mission with God and want to know if this is perhaps related to a gift of prophecy?

I considered moving to the Czech Republic because it is one of the most atheist countries in the world and helping the Great Commission in this aspect (I can already speak the language fluently).

Thanks,
M.
"..I am trying to align my purpose and mission with God.."
Maybe..it is about 'calling' to mission/ministry.
----
Continue to wait on the Lord.
- For more 'clarity & detail'..
- Concerning 'Czech Republic' ministry, etc..

Blessings,

Reactions: mical
Upvote 0

rhomphaeam

Robert Chisholm
Jul 13, 2021
England
Visit site
✟8,921.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I had a dream two years ago and I was awoken in the middle of the night by the Lord saying "It's a sign" so I am wondering if it is a calling for one of the gifts?

-------

Thanks,
M.

If you are going to look at Samson then you must first look to his father and mother - then before that to Israel and before Israel to the sin of Israel - if not you will have neither a means to test nor understand what you have said.

Prophecy cannot be isolated into small packages as though we did not understand that it is the Lord who speaks and the hearer who asks.

Read Judges 13 from the beginning and then you will be able to put away misleading precepts that are given - well intended - but in truth worthless.

That which was, which is and which is to come is the breadth of the Lord and no foolish inclination ought to remove that meaning else you do not have a prophetic leading but rather a gift of prophecy to speak to one man of things that are in his heart and by which revelation he knows that God is in the midst.

When God speaks to the fulness of His purposes He never asserts a simple narrow meaning - and neither should we interpret His gifts narrowly. You are not a prophet and so neither can you speak of the fullness of God. But you may very well be an evangelist.

Samuel as an old man is to do with a king over Israel and in his childhood it is to do with the sons of Eli wrongly utilising the Arc of the Covenant and the birth of Ichabod.

The transition is between Judges and Prophets and Kings. All these men and a few women were necessarily to judge for God. To do that they needed to be able to express in their lives the purposes of God even when they may also have expressed those things that are contrary to God. In that meaning it is the purposes of God in a man or woman that is the issue and only that man or woman in so far as they themselves truly desire to please God. So Sampson may very well have been seeking a wrong wife according to the Law of Moses but according to God he was doing God's will. Read Judges very slowly and don't be foolish to imagine you can see what is not given you - yet can see in wisdom what is before your eyes in the Scripture.

To the woman who sought to snare you. Give it no more thought than knowing that you ought to have been able to discern her intention and then having realised your mistake you ought to have been able to cut her off without running away into obscurity. You cannot run away in a city when the Lord desires to take the city. Brno is the city and may the Lord bless you in your labours.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mical

Jun 20, 2021
vienna
✟22,541.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you ought to have been able to cut her off without running away into obscurity. You cannot run away in a city when the Lord desires to take the city. Brno is the city and may the Lord bless you in your labours.

BRNO was the city that woman tried to snare me.

I considered moving there recently, but I wanted to avoid that person who still to this day is trying to contact me.

Thank you for the input.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rhomphaeam

Robert Chisholm
Jul 13, 2021
England
Visit site
✟8,921.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
BRNO was the city that woman tried to snare me while on a visit last year.

Thank you for the input.

Brno is a city to be taken by its youth and led by a prophetic ministry with the evangelist drawing the fish and the pastor feeding the sheep. But its character is essentially prophetic because there are severe effects in Brno that must be bound - before the harvest will come in. The city is separated into 16 quadrants that must be walked by children - and I do mean children - being 13 years to 25 years. Those children will first know that calling in their lives by the hand of prophetic declaration and they must also be fished by the evangelist to come and hear that intention of God. Brno is key to the Czech Republic.

In any intention of God it is likely that the enemy of our souls will try to divert us - and often by no more means than by a natural and reasonable desire. Let the Lord raise up a wife to your side and accept that your focus must be the Lord and not your wife. I don't think that the Lord has rebuked you - rather given you release to carry on.

The Lord took me to Brno some years ago and a brother who is out of Islam into Christ took me around the city and asked me what I thought about some things. He is a pastor and he had with him another Arab brother out of Islam into Christ. When I sat with them in a cafe in the centre of Brno I spoke in such a way that the first brother, who is a pastor, began to feel a burden to tell me that he had stumbled in a grievous way. Yet he could not easily tell me because he could only see the accusation of others that had harmed his ministry. Yet he came as close to being honest as was necessary to release him from his confession and so the Lord let him remain silent. It is accusation from the enemy of our souls that is the dart of ill effect and not the sins we stumble in. We can confess our sins and the Lord can both wash us and continue in His purpose in our lives.

The day before I left Brno I went to a Jewish wedding uninvited and when I was on the stairs a Jewess came out to me and said 'Moshe' - so I said to her that deliverance was coming.

Brno is a city ready to be taken for the Lord.

• Informative
Upvote 0

rhomphaeam

Robert Chisholm
Jul 13, 2021
England
Visit site
✟8,921.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I considered moving there recently, but I wanted to avoid that person who still to this day is trying to contact me.

We fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in high places. The effect working in that woman can be removed and bound. You should simply trust the Lord.

Look for a hall that is in the old quarter of the city. A young man will greet you and then his sister.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

-------

Thanks,
M.
If it is a dream by the Father then He and only He will reveal what that "sign" means. Be patient.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

mical

Jun 20, 2021
vienna
✟22,541.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brno is a city to be taken by its youth and led by a prophetic ministry with the evangelist drawing the fish and the pastor feeding the sheep. But its character is essentially prophetic because there are severe effects in Brno that must be bound - before the harvest will come in. The city is separated into 16 quadrants that must be walked by children - and I do mean children - being 13 years to 25 years. Those children will first know that calling in their lives by the hand of prophetic declaration and they must also be fished by the evangelist to come and hear that intention of God. Brno is key to the Czech Republic.

In any intention of God it is likely that the enemy of our souls will try to divert us - and often by no more means than by a natural and reasonable desire. Let the Lord raise up a wife to your side and accept that your focus must be the Lord and not your wife. I don't think that the Lord has rebuked you - rather given you release to carry on.

The Lord took me to Brno some years ago and a brother who is out of Islam into Christ took me around the city and asked me what I thought about some things. He is a pastor and he had with him another Arab brother out of Islam into Christ. When I sat with them in a cafe in the centre of Brno I spoke in such a way that the first brother, who is a pastor, began to feel a burden to tell me that he had stumbled in a grievous way. Yet he could not easily tell me because he could only see the accusation of others that had harmed his ministry. Yet he came as close to being honest as was necessary to release him from his confession and so the Lord let him remain silent. It is accusation from the enemy of our souls that is the dart of ill effect and not the sins we stumble in. We can confess our sins and the Lord can both wash us and continue in His purpose in our lives.

The day before I left Brno I went to a Jewish wedding uninvited and when I was on the stairs a Jewess came out to me and said 'Moshe' - so I said to her that deliverance was coming.

Brno is a city ready to be taken for the Lord.

Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate it and finished reading Judges. Yes, Brno is a very special place important to the Czech people, whereas Prague it seems is more international and has become more a tourist destination and a majority of Czech cannot even afford to live in the city center.

I always felt drawn to the Czech republic since I was maybe 10 years old. My grandmother is from Moravia and lived just outside of Brno and escaped when the country was invaded, so I have always been able to really connect with the people there having Czech roots and speaking the language fluently.

Thank you for the encouragement regarding being able to continue in His purpose in our lives even if we stumble. I have felt some discouraging thought in that any purpose is "conditional" and can be taken away anytime, but that's just probably some accusation enemy tactic, so it's probably best to just trust and focus on Jesus.

Once again, thank you and I shall make note about the old quarter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mical

Jun 20, 2021
vienna
✟22,541.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll also share just a bit more details because maybe I tried to make the dreams/vision seem too simple to make it easier to explain.

The first night when I had a dream I was Samson (if that's what the dream meant?):

I was walking in a forest with good girl friend of mine. I seen a lion (which looked like a mountain lion - but later I learned that this is what lions look like in Israel) was starting to come towards us from the distance, but was still far away. I told her to stay there so I can go confront the lion and protect her. The lion kept coming closer to me and jumped at me and I managed to take it down with my hands and killed it. I think it managed to bite my hand, but it didn't do any damage, except for a little scratch.

I woke up from the dream with my heart racing. What was strange is that it was about 3:00 am and the sky was like a very very orange bright sunset that looked very beautiful. I lived beside a lake at the time and all the birds were making lots of noise for some reason. It was very loud. I thought perhaps something startled them.

I didn't think much of it and went back to sleep.

Second night I had a dream I was very old maybe 70 years old or more. I was wearing blue and had a staff in my right hand. I was in a place that reminded me of Israel and there were several people maybe 12 or more I'm not sure that were coming to me for some advice in the middle of the night in some courtyard it seemed. There was going to be some major monarchy ceremony for a King.

I woke up again in the middle of the night around 3:00 am ish and the sky was again like an orange sunset which looked very beautiful but was a bit strange to me since it was so early in the morning. I then heard a voice that all I can explain was like a soft gentle whisper that was at the same time loud and filled up with entire room saying "It's a sign"

I was a bit startled, but the next morning when I opened the Bible it was to the story of Samuel hearing his voice being called. It wasn't until I looked a a biblical timeline that I realized the first dream coincidentally fit right before the second.

Maybe it just means to be helpful in someway to prepare for a harvest or His kingdom in whatever way or gift is needed at the time..

Thanks for listening and have a nice Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums